Page 204 of 249 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3725

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    So, interesting news. A new Avengers book has been announced by Jason Aaron, and it seems like She-Hulk is going to be a main member!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/02/2...-next-relaunch

I was getting this anyway but McGuinness on art has me sold, Jennifer is going to look great big or small.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Maybe she'll be a bit like Red She-Hulk; For a while, Red She-Hulk alternated between her basic red form and more "savage" muscular version, although this version of her didn't really last that long since the title was cancelled and she got depowered.
    I am thinking pretty much this. Both promos do contradict eachother visually so it would make sense that Jen will switch between the two forms as of how is another matter. Plus this opens more opputiniuty for guest appearances, Jason Aaron can use the Hulk form for his run and anybody wants to use classic Jennifer has that option now.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Not much info beyond the image but its not a good looking jen. She is green obvious but her arm pipe thin almost.
    So, interesting news. A new Avengers book has been announced by Jason Aaron, and it seems like She-Hulk is going to be a main member!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/02/2...-next-relaunch

However, it may not be entirely great news for every Jen fan... notice that while Jen is now green, she seems to be still rather more 'Hulk-like' then her normal form. Also, Aaron says this in the interview...

Interesting. Perhaps Jen will be more akin to her old self, but still have some left over strength/issue from Tamaki's run? I still think/hope that she will be more akin personality wise to her old self.

EDIT: Sorry Deku, did not see that you have already posted this!
    I would prefer a combo of the promotion piece's costume with the body of the cover. Having torn clothing is great to show off the savagery of a Hulk but with female Hulks I would prefer using unstable molecules/comic code authority approved clothing/costumes. From the above cover alone, theres no way that tank top staying on during a fight. I'm happy with Jen and Carol on the same team again and with their relationship healing or hurting, fun or dramatic it'll be entertaining to say the least. If I could change one thing I would add the Wasp (Janet), Jen's going to need a close friend with Carol and Tony there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    It's ok.
    This is a load of rubbish. Jen doesn't need to be differentiated from Bruce more, her personality is enough to differentiate her from Bruce and every other Marvel character. And the fact that Aaron thinks that he needs to "make her a more unique interesting version of the Hulk in her own right" is worrying and makes me think that he does not know anything about the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh... after the Thor disaster, I reallllllllly don't want to see Aaron write She-Hulk again. He doesn't seem to get her.
    One one hand I'm all for exploring gamma radiation's effect/continuing mutations of the Hulks, continuing to diverge Hulk and She-Hulk and overall I have enjoyed both of Aaron's Thor runs with a lot of awesome comic book moments. On the other hand, we're talking about the guy who mocked the She-Hulk name while lazily using (She-)Hulk for a cool fight, along with terrible ooc writing for two of my favorites Titania and Absorbing Man, I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried.
    Final line: I'm happy that Jen won't be forgotten into comic book limbo and gets to be on the one, main Avengers book for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    I would prefer a combo of the promotion piece's costume with the body of the cover. Having torn clothing is great to show off the savagery of a Hulk but with female Hulks I would prefer using unstable molecules/comic code authority approved clothing/costumes. From the above cover alone, theres no way that tank top staying on during a fight. I'm happy with Jen and Carol on the same team again and with their relationship healing or hurting, fun or dramatic it'll be entertaining to say the least. If I could change one thing I would add the Wasp (Janet), Jen's going to need a close friend with Carol and Tony there.
    This made me realize that we'll also be having Jen and Carol together again after Civil War II.

Forget Tony and Carol, I want to see what things are like between those two now.

BANNED

It's ok.

This is a load of rubbish. Jen doesn't need to be differentiated from Bruce more, her personality is enough to differentiate her from Bruce and every other Marvel character. And the fact that Aaron thinks that he needs to "make her a more unique interesting version of the Hulk in her own right" is worrying and makes me think that he does not know anything about the character.
    He's totally clueless about her (and many other characters).

Honestly, I am prepared to give Aaron the benefit of the doubt for now, and just hope he has done some research on Jennifer before now...

On a random note, anyone else noticed how all the character in this new Avengers book have had/will have MCU exposure except for Jen? (Robbie was in Agents of Shield, and Carol is getting a movie...) Could this be a hint that they may have sorted out some rights issues and have plans for her in the MCU, or am I just overthinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This made me realize that we'll also be having Jen and Carol together again after Civil War II.

Forget Tony and Carol, I want to see what things are like between those two now.
    Oh, I had not realized that! I wonder if/I hope it will be bought up...

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    I was getting this anyway but McGuinness on art has me sold, Jennifer is going to look great big or small.
    Must admit, I do rather love Jen on that cover. A overly big She-Hulk is better then an overly thin one, I find.

I am thinking pretty much this. Both promos do contradict eachother visually so it would make sense that Jen will switch between the two forms as of how is another matter. Plus this opens more opputiniuty for guest appearances, Jason Aaron can use the Hulk form for his run and anybody wants to use classic Jennifer has that option now.
    That would be cool if that is the case.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I was very excited til I saw that cover... Bleh.
    I understand. Jen is really and literally ripped on that cover, but perhaps she will only Hulk-out in extreme situations, like during Geoff John's Avengers run. And after she has been repeatedly shown as overtly muscular (like in Disassembled, and now with Tamaki), I believe it's now a permanent part of her and will be open to use by writers.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Honestly, I am prepared to give Aaron the benefit of the doubt for now, and just hope he has done some research on Jennifer before now...
    The interview he gave about his new Avengers run makes me think he hasn't. I would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that interview makes me think I would be setting myself up for disappointment.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    He's totally clueless about her (and many other characters).
    That's for certain. I honestly pity the fans of She-Hulk/Jennifer Walters. Jason Aaron writing her is not good. His brief tenure with Bruce Banner/The Hulk was horrific and utter garbage. He also does a horrific job when it comes to cosmic characters. His take on Galactus, for example, whose dialogue was atrocious and portrayal was even worse in his Thor tenure (not withstanding the stupidity of Galactus getting eaten by Ego in that alternate future/reality/timeline where Old King Thor resides).

And let's not forget his utterly horrible Thanos Rising mini-series and horribly bad Original Sin event. Jason Aaron simply does not understand or get characters. Oh, and I did not like his Doctor Strange, either. Still don't, to be honest. It's like he's slowly becoming the new-age Bendis or something of Marvel.

Anyway, I do not look forward to his treatment of She-Hulk/Jen Walters.

The interview he gave about his new Avengers run makes me think he hasn't. I would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that interview makes me think I would be setting myself up for disappointment.
    That fair enough, I just like to be optimistic rather then pessimistic even if, you know, it does not look good!

My hope is that if he dose anything, its just play around with her powers and what happened to her physically after CWII/her solo, but still having a Jen more positive and happy then the Tamaki version.

BANNED

After the awful guest Star appearance in Thor, I worry on how Jason will tackle regular Jennifer Walters and her She-Hulk form.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Interesting. Cannot quite tell if thats Jen in human form, or Hulk form...

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Appears to be in Hulk form. She's tall and the shredded shirt doesn't hang off her shoulders loosely.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Jen showed up in X-Men Gold today. The team got arrested and she can't get them out.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jen showed up in X-Men Gold today. The team got arrested and she can't get them out.
    It seems like whenever Jen does a guest appearance as a lawyer in another book she's generally pretty ineffectual at actually helping her client.

I guess she did a solid job with Ant-Man when Scott was on trial.