Page 216 of 249 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 3725

I decided to read Avengers #2 because the last one did not have much She-Hulk in it and I wanted a taste for how Aaron would write the character.

I hated this issue. Aaron wrote She-Hulk as a generic Hulk and that is exactly what she shouldn't be. I hope Jen's time in this book is short and I hope a writer that understands who the character is comes along soon.
    Last edited by KC; 05-16-2018 at 04:39 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Incredible Member

I think this is obvious that this is a "phase" for her... what's interesting is her teammates seem to be shrugging this off....

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    I think this is obvious that this is a "phase" for her... what's interesting is her teammates seem to be shrugging this off....
    What's worrying, for me at least, is that this phase has been seen before and increasing from one issue problems for her to an Avengers arch, to now multiple arches of not only her own solo but also Avengers. I'm worried She-Hulk losing control will be the default Plan B for Jen whenever she doesn't have something going on. She has been this way since Civil War 2, unfortunately one of the few hold overs from that event, so I guess her teammates will be ready for the development when they all meet up.

Incredible Member

I think the logic goes like this.... The Avengers 1,000,000BC are "eternal archetypes" with each Avenger having an analogue in the present (This I'm not really crazy about... I mean even for comic book logic, that's ridiculous), So there "Must Always Be A Hulk".... And Jennifer is it, which would explain why the "Cure" didn't take.... The same would hold true if Red She Hulk, Doc Samson or A-Bomb were on the team....

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Absolutely hate how Jen was portrayed in Avengers #2.

Mighty Member

When? the only person she's met so far is Ghost Rider...

Mighty Member

I discussed this in the Avengers 2 thread as well, but this seems more appropriate to go into detail:

I perfectly understand peoples concerns over jen, I wasn't a big fan of this depiction either. However, I don't feel it's fair to put the blame on Aaron for this. This is a marvel/bendis problem. back one Marvel greenlit the "hulk busting missile (god that's still SO DUMB) they knew full well that it was going to lead into the Tamaki and Hulk book. I imagine that bendis pitched the effect it had on jen despite the fact that he wasn't going to be the one writing it, although Marvel could've come up with it after he gave them the script, but either way, Marvel made the awful decision to run with it.

Next, Tamaki got stuck with this busted character and was tasked with reimagining a classic character that fans were already upset about being broken, on top of fans yelling at her for making her Hulk as opposed to Hulk (probably not her call) and her "SJW" politics which is a lot to put on her plate. In the end, the book ended up flopping.

Around that time, Marvel was in the middle of planning their new relaunch, Fresh start, which was being lead by Jason Aaron. These things get planned out WAY in advance, so by the time he was crafting this story, I imagine Tamaki was still working on her run. Marvel editorial is unfortunately becoming infamous for its lack of communication with other teams (although, based on Jason Aarons either willful or unintentional ignorance of ghost rider as well he may have just not read/liked these books) so he probably didn't know how that was going to end.

So at this point, Aaron is stuck with a character that was broken by Bendis, and was getting "fixed" by Tamaki and the fans were NOT accepting. Based on all of that, it makes WAY more sense to just break Jen down to as base of a hulk archetype as possible, i.e. "HULK SQUISH", so that he can build her back into a character more reminiscent of what the fans used to like about her instead of staying on course with the version people weren't liking. Iirc, he mentioned specifically picking She-Hulk for this team because he had plans for her. I imagine those plans involve fixing her, it'll just take some time.

TL;DR: If you're mad at how this She-Hulk acts, be mad at marvel and bendis.

Minor note: Not a fan of hulking figure on a female hulk. The fact that the pants and the shirt both have to be indestructible bothers me. I preferred the size increase from Tamki's run more where she wasn't this massive figure, but that's probably more on McG than Aaron

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    When? the only person she's met so far is Ghost Rider...
    Yeah, for some reason I thought they had formally teamed up.

Mighty Member

Ghost Rider DID meet chulk in when they tried to make that second "new fantastic four" team but...we don't talk about that...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Minor note: Not a fan of hulking figure on a female hulk. The fact that the pants and the shirt both have to be indestructible bothers me. I preferred the size increase from Tamki's run more where she wasn't this massive figure, but that's probably more on McG than Aaron
    I like her big. Just not with the personality. For what it's worth her torn blouse stayed magically on during her entire "Savage" phase.

Mighty Member

Maybe im just misremembering it because I dropped off the tamaki run pretty early, but I remember it being less bulky than this, sort of a middleground between classic she hulk and what we have now so it didnt seem as ridiculous.

but again, I think that's just McG's style,

I prefer her to look like this more or less

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I miss that She-Hulk as well. She should be a knockout with a huge personality.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    I miss that She-Hulk as well. She should be a knockout with a huge personality.
    True. I don't mind her muscular but its hulk smash is boring. Character is so much better then that. Devolves the character in the worst ways. I said it before making her a boring, bland, generic hulk #4 with breasts. Aaroon seems to think can make up for it with new powers. New powers can not make a boring version of character who devoid of everything fans like about her. It does make the character any more interesting. Considering to me they never given really explained why she went savage post cwii or why she is now again.

BANNED

I agree and this is coming from the same writer that had THOR ACT MORE "WOE IS ME MY HAMMER IS LOST" throughout the past two years and having people close to him qustioning it.

Aaron could use Red Hulk or something as a way to keep the Avengers in line in the aftermath of Secret Empire and their previous moments...Anything better and more in-character than She-Hulk acting up.
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 05-17-2018 at 12:11 PM.