Page 217 of 249 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3725
    Mighty Member

There is no more red hulk. I mean, you have that guy from USAvengers, but he wasn't even really a hulk, and I think he got depowered at the end of no surrender.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    There is no more red hulk. I mean, you have that guy from USAvengers, but he wasn't even really a hulk, and I think he got depowered at the end of no surrender.
    Can't use Red She Hulk, ABomb, or Hulk's son either too due to Duggan's brief Hulk run.

Ironically, that comic ended with him starting She Hulk was the best of the Hulk Family cause she never let anger control her and was able to rise above everything.

Mighty Member

Everything except a missile that is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I prefer her to look like this more or less

loved this run and this art

Current she hulk is a mess

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    I think the logic goes like this.... The Avengers 1,000,000BC are "eternal archetypes" with each Avenger having an analogue in the present (This I'm not really crazy about... I mean even for comic book logic, that's ridiculous), So there "Must Always Be A Hulk".... And Jennifer is it, which would explain why the "Cure" didn't take.... The same would hold true if Red She Hulk, Doc Samson or A-Bomb were on the team....
    I think the Cure is for the Mad Celestial but I could be misreading that.
    I discussed this in the Avengers 2 thread as well, but this seems more appropriate to go into detail:

I perfectly understand peoples concerns over jen, I wasn't a big fan of this depiction either. However, I don't feel it's fair to put the blame on Aaron for this. This is a marvel/bendis problem. back one Marvel greenlit the "hulk busting missile (god that's still SO DUMB) they knew full well that it was going to lead into the Tamaki and Hulk book. I imagine that bendis pitched the effect it had on jen despite the fact that he wasn't going to be the one writing it, although Marvel could've come up with it after he gave them the script, but either way, Marvel made the awful decision to run with it.

Next, Tamaki got stuck with this busted character and was tasked with reimagining a classic character that fans were already upset about being broken, on top of fans yelling at her for making her Hulk as opposed to Hulk (probably not her call) and her "SJW" politics which is a lot to put on her plate. In the end, the book ended up flopping.

Around that time, Marvel was in the middle of planning their new relaunch, Fresh start, which was being lead by Jason Aaron. These things get planned out WAY in advance, so by the time he was crafting this story, I imagine Tamaki was still working on her run. Marvel editorial is unfortunately becoming infamous for its lack of communication with other teams (although, based on Jason Aarons either willful or unintentional ignorance of ghost rider as well he may have just not read/liked these books) so he probably didn't know how that was going to end.

So at this point, Aaron is stuck with a character that was broken by Bendis, and was getting "fixed" by Tamaki and the fans were NOT accepting. Based on all of that, it makes WAY more sense to just break Jen down to as base of a hulk archetype as possible, i.e. "HULK SQUISH", so that he can build her back into a character more reminiscent of what the fans used to like about her instead of staying on course with the version people weren't liking. Iirc, he mentioned specifically picking She-Hulk for this team because he had plans for her. I imagine those plans involve fixing her, it'll just take some time.

TL;DR: If you're mad at how this She-Hulk acts, be mad at marvel and bendis.

Minor note: Not a fan of hulking figure on a female hulk. The fact that the pants and the shirt both have to be indestructible bothers me. I preferred the size increase from Tamki's run more where she wasn't this massive figure, but that's probably more on McG than Aaron
    Yeah even during her solo the few She-Hulk guest appearances had a different take for her so there is a pattern of misunderstanding this She-Hulk so I don't place all the blame on Aaron. The reason this take is so reactionary is that this She-Hulk is disconnected in terms of personality and visual appearance which brings up a lot questions, which in a team book where everyone else is up to date, even the recently awakened Iron Man, is frustrating.
    Maybe im just misremembering it because I dropped off the tamaki run pretty early, but I remember it being less bulky than this, sort of a middleground between classic she hulk and what we have now so it didnt seem as ridiculous.

but again, I think that's just McG's style,
    It depended on artist to artist. Some drew the form as big as Hulk and some were as you describe as something in the middle.

I prefer a more bulky She-Hulk. Her sole power is super strength and a Hulk so I think she should be visually super muscular. She-Hulk has achieved that type of body without relying on trauma from human Jen working out when she needed to fight the Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Yeah even during her solo the few She-Hulk guest appearances had a different take for her so there is a pattern of misunderstanding this She-Hulk so I don't place all the blame on Aaron. The reason this take is so reactionary is that this She-Hulk is disconnected in terms of personality and visual appearance which brings up a lot questions, which in a team book where everyone else is up to date, even the recently awakened Iron Man, is frustrating.
    I think its more of 50/50 situation where her book under Mariko was advertised as Jen's hulk being more savage. More uncontrollably. At times it didn't feel in the book. If you are getting word this the way things are but then the book isn't. That is on marvel and also writer for not doing more due diligence in checking in the book itself. It feels like guest writers are taking what marvel and mariko advertised it as this new hulk being not what character was in the book.

Everything except a missile that is.
    That might go down one of stupidest moments in comics history. If you didn't read Bendis' blog it looks like a normal missile taking down a hulk. Again thanos busting missile such a stretch that a-force retconned it so it was thanos punching jen in the back. Which still wouldn't have put in coma for 4 months. It was a whole mess.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 05-17-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    loved this run and this art

Current she hulk is a mess
    yeah, she looked cool, hot and badass.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    That might go down one of stupidest moments in comics history. If you didn't read Bendis' blog it looks like a normal missile taking down a hulk. Again thanos busting missile such a stretch that a-force retconned it so it was thanos punching jen in the back. Which still wouldn't have put in coma for 4 months. It was a whole mess.
    Lets talk about how dumb that really is:

1: If you have to explain and justify your story in a blog post because it doesn't make sense in context of itself, you failed to tell a story well
    2: Thanos is a guy who has withstood a pointblank shout from Blackbolt that was powerful enough to level the entire city of attilan. If it really was a "thanos busting" missile, it would have leveled the entire base and everyone in it.
    3: Of everyone there, excluding Captain Marvel and blue Marvel, She-Hulk would have definitely been the one able to take that hit.
    4: Since when does taking massive amounts of damage change a hulk persona? And as for PTSD, I feel like neither bruce dying, or fighting thanos and taking a "thanos busting" missile is the most perilous thing she's ever faced.

Incredible Member

Geeze going from reading she hulk solo to this was rough. Guess all that progress she made is out the window sure they kept her green and no glowing scars but they kept the savage attitude. I like smart coordinating confident Shehulk not this mindless brute they’ve reduced her too

Astonishing Member

Just reread issue 2

It's horrible for Jen imo

To be honest little in the book impressed me character wise, cap seemed like every line was a sarcastic quip to killing things or breaking them

But this she hulk was shocking

1: If you have to explain and justify your story in a blog post because it doesn't make sense in context of itself, you failed to tell a story well
    2: Thanos is a guy who has withstood a pointblank shout from Blackbolt that was powerful enough to level the entire city of attilan. If it really was a "thanos busting" missile, it would have leveled the entire base and everyone in it.
    3: Of everyone there, excluding Captain Marvel and blue Marvel, She-Hulk would have definitely been the one able to take that hit.
    4: Since when does taking massive amounts of damage change a hulk persona? And as for PTSD, I feel like neither bruce dying, or fighting thanos and taking a "thanos busting" missile is the most perilous thing she's ever faced.
    Comes from writers not knowing jen has never gone savage from trauma and death at the same time on a major scale. You read interviews before you can tell Bendis and Mariko did not get the way Jen's powers worked. Only times she gone savage since original series by radiation or magic of some kind. Examples Sensational She-Hulk and Avengers arc that lead to search for she-hulk. Only times in recent trauma caused any kinda of issues was mental blockage at the end of Dan Slot first series.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

You can add that 5. The group planned on using that missile and I think War Machine or someone basically says "Its time for big ultimate attack now! Get clear!" and She-Hulk doesn't either drop to the ground or move out of the general direction where the missile would be going.

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    You can add that 5. The group planned on using that missile and I think War Machine or someone basically says "Its time for big ultimate attack now! Get clear!" and She-Hulk doesn't either drop to the ground or move out of the general direction where the missile would be going.
    Whoever wrote that fight knew nothing about any of the characters. Why was Spider-Man wa s a close-hitter? He wasn't doing acrobatics or web-slinging or keeping a distance or anything. Compare what he (or anyone also in the MCU) does in the fight against Thanos in Infinity War.

Not that Jen was fighitng the way she should.

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    Whoever wrote that fight knew nothing about any of the characters. Why was Spider-Man wa s a close-hitter? He wasn't doing acrobatics or web-slinging or keeping a distance or anything. Compare what he (or anyone also in the MCU) does in the fight against Thanos in Infinity War.

Not that Jen was fighitng the way she should.
    That was bendis' MO on most books he wrote at marvel. There few marvel characters he seemed to get right. If it be on X-Men or Avengers.

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    That was bendis' MO on most books he wrote at marvel. There few marvel characters he seemed to get right. If it be on X-Men or Avengers.
    'Does basic research on google' should not be something resume-worthy. How hard is it to know not to put a range-fighter up close? any kid who plays DD knows this.

Right now, I'm waiting for She-Hulk to point out how she got punked by a plothole when pointing them out was her job until her forgot about it.