Page 236 of 249 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 3725

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Point taken. Besides super-strength, what other powers does gamma confer? Super intelligence (Leader), power mimicry (Geiger), strength and flight (Harpy) and…
    Energy Projection (Hotshot) Energy Constructs (Jailbait) Adaptation/Power Creation (Omnibus) Energy Drain/Vampiric Traits (Half Life).Mass/Density Manipulation (Madman)

Basically anything an X-Gene or any other source can grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Energy Projection (Hotshot) Energy Constructs (Jailbait) Adaptation/Power Creation (Omnibus) Energy Drain/Vampiric Traits (Half Life).Mass/Density Manipulation (Madman)

Basically anything an X-Gene or any other source can grant.
    Exactly. There's also no telling what Soul Man could have done.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Also, Hulk (Bruce Banner) has dome many things in the way of abilities than just feats of strength.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

We're starting to stray from the purpose of this appreciation thread so maybe someone can start up a new thread about how to differentiate other gamma people from the Hulk, and quote the posts here. We might get other people not into Jen's and Bruce's appreciation threads to join in.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    Exactly. There's also no telling what Soul Man could have done.
    I left him out because it would take longer than a five word summary to explain

That's really it though, isn't it? There is no reason that the powers resorting from gamma exposure should be restricted by anything but the writers imagination.

Making everyone with gamma based powers the same as the Hulk doesn't just make him less unique, it also unnecessarily flattens just end if the Marvel Universe

It's fine to have other Bricks but aside from his children, none of them should have the exact same powerset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    We're starting to stray from the purpose of this appreciation thread so maybe someone can start up a new thread about how to differentiate other gamma people from the Hulk, and quote the posts here. We might get other people not into Jen's and Bruce's appreciation threads to join in.
    True, I will stop here

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I left him out because it would take longer than a five word summary to explain

That's really it though, isn't it? There is no reason that the powers resorting from gamma exposure should be restricted by anything but the writers imagination.

Making everyone with gamma based powers the same as the Hulk doesn't just make him less unique, it also unnecessarily flattens just end if the Marvel Universe

It's fine to have other Bricks but aside from his children, none of them should have the exact same powerset.

True, I will stop here
    Exactly, only restricted by a writer's imagination.

With that said, I'd like to see Jennifer tap into some of those other gamma abilities that would make her unique. It was said early on in the early issues of TIH that gamma-affected beings are a reflection of their subconscious selves. I want to see what is within Jennifer that makes her different.

Just to add while there are many Hulks. This still make the Hulk unique if you look at the origin of them. They all go their powers from him.

She-Hulk: blood transfusion from Bruce Banner.
    Skaar: son
    Lyra: Hulk DNA
    Red Hulk: a machine that used Hulk as template.
    Red She-Hulk: same machine but with She-hulk who got her powers from the Hulk.
    TAH: siphoned off the Hulk into himself.

Without the Hulk DNA, they would all transform into something else or die if exposed to Gamma radiation.

But getting back on topic. There are things that make Jennifer unique. She can get stronger by working out as Jennifer Walters. There is the fourth wall breaking. Ovoid mind swap but with the gamma radiation in her blood cause her to swap body types rather than minds. She liked being a Hulk even now when is much more Savage. Until recently she was in control of her Hulk side just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Just to add while there are many Hulks. This still make the Hulk unique if you look at the origin of them. They all go their powers from him.

She-Hulk: blood transfusion from Bruce Banner.
    Skaar: son
    Lyra: Hulk DNA
    Red Hulk: a machine that used Hulk as template.
    Red She-Hulk: same machine but with She-hulk who got her powers from the Hulk.
    TAH: siphoned off the Hulk into himself.

Without the Hulk DNA, they would all transform into something else or die if exposed to Gamma radiation.

But getting back on topic. There are things that make Jennifer unique. She can get stronger by working out as Jennifer Walters. There is the fourth wall breaking. Ovoid mind swap but with the gamma radiation in her blood cause her to swap body types rather than minds. She liked being a Hulk even now when is much more Savage. Until recently she was in control of her Hulk side just to name a few.
    Does Jennifer still have that mind swap or body transference power?
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 09-25-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    Does Jennifer still have that mind swap or body transference power?
    I believe so. It isn't a power per say but more of a side effect, when an Ovoid alien used their mind swap power on her the gamma radiation caused the hiccup that comicfan 298 described.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    I believe so. It isn't a power per say but more of a side effect, when an Ovoid alien used their mind swap power on her the gamma radiation caused the hiccup that comicfan 298 described.
    Cool. Thanks.

That looks great But judging from the other statue in this line this is going to be around $500 Mark.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Damn does She-Hulk look awful.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post

Damn does She-Hulk look awful.
    Be honest with you neither is the rest cover. Jen doesn't worst on it.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

That is stunning! Makes me extra sad that I'll be missing NYCC this year. On the other end of the emotional spectrum, it makes me happy that they referenced the time she pulled the taxi door when she returned to Earth after training with Gamora.
    Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    That looks great But judging from the other statue in this line this is going to be around $500 Mark.
    Oof that's some price tag shock. Looks like I got some thinking to do.