Page 247 of 249 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249 LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 3725
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    it wasn't official before?
    I guess it's official now. Thor claims he loves Jen for Jen, but come on. Dude's known her for years. If he really liked her and not just this new brutish Hulk, would have asked her out a lot sooner.

Guys, I keep coming back to this quote from Jason Aaron earlier this year:

“You’ll see us playing with her powers a little bit, trying to differentiate her more from the Banner Hulk, and make her a more unique interesting version of the Hulk in her own right,” he said.

Has he? Has he really? Is Jen more unique now? Is Jen more interesting? Is Jen really more different than typical Banner Hulk? After all this time, all her appearances, can any of you firmly and strongly say that Jen is any of that and not just, as harsh as this sounds, a typical, dimwitted hulk only there to smash things on the team?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    spoilers:
    She-Hulk and Thor are officially a couple.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Is it just me or am I the only one who ogetting a sense of deja vu here ?
    end of spoilers

So a while back I posted that I really wanted to get a She-hulk tattoo, given how Jen is one of my all-time fictional characters. Well, this weekend I finally got it done! This was it moments after the artist had finished. I am so happy with it! Its healing at the moment so I will get a better pick sometime, but I am so glad to have this tribute to Jen! she-hulk tat.jpg

Fantastic Member

Very cool tat! Thanks for the post.

FYI, I am glad to hear that Marvel will be completing the original Savage She Hulk series with a 2nd MMW, scheduled to come out in Summer 2019:

http://www.collectededitions.com/mar...hulk_mm02.html

Been looking forward to this for a while - I hoped that they would finish out the series (started with the first MMW in 2017), but with MMW you never know, since sometimes the line gets stalled. In any case, really looking forward to this volume. Savage is actually my favorite She-hulk series. I don't like the later "breaking of the fourth wall" series by Byrne (even though I'm a huge fan of Byrne's art), and really liked this initial much more "savage" take on the character.

I'm not going to pretend that SSH was a masterpiece by any means. The villains & storylines were, in many cases, somewhat cheesy. However, my nostalgia for the early '80's has a lot to do with my love of the series - I remember reading many of these issues as they came out. Also, these comics utilized my favorite She Hulk "outfit" (for lack of a better word). I.e., I felt the torn white shirt/pants was a lot more "organic" than the later uniforms she wore.

Plus, the series boasted some fantastic Mike Golden covers:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Savage_She-Hulk_Vol_1

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I guess it's official now. Thor claims he loves Jen for Jen, but come on. Dude's known her for years. If he really liked her and not just this new brutish Hulk, would have asked her out a lot sooner.
    Haven't they been together for, like, a few weeks? I guess you could move into "love" mode by then, but it seems a little soon (especially for a character with a love life like Thor's).

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Thor and Jen as a couple...Not sure what to make of that if I'm honest. Assuming this lasts a while that is.

“You’ll see us playing with her powers a little bit, trying to differentiate her more from the Banner Hulk, and make her a more unique interesting version of the Hulk in her own right,” he said.

Has he? Has he really? Is Jen more unique now? Is Jen more interesting? Is Jen really more different than typical Banner Hulk? After all this time, all her appearances, can any of you firmly and strongly say that Jen is any of that and not just, as harsh as this sounds, a typical, dimwitted hulk only there to smash things on the team?
    is she still supposedly capable of energy bombs now?

One Word: NOPE. What made her unique and different interesting was her personality and that wasn't savage. You take that away and give her new powers? That doens't make her more unique or interesting. That makes her less

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    spoilers:
    She-Hulk and Thor are officially a couple.
    end of spoilers
    It might had been better if She-Hulk and Spider-Man were a couple as their dynamics work well together. As for Thor and Jennifer, it doesn't gel too well at all. Put Peter Parker into her world and vice versa, and the She-Hulk will get a strong following increase of her fan base from those who would not had read The Avengers or her solo series.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 12-14-2018 at 12:30 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    She did have a fling with Hercules, is this Thor a step up or down?
    Spider-Man(Peter Parker) would be a huge step up if Jen was dating him. The more Jennifer gets to know Peter, the closer they'll become as they are kindred spirits. Afterall, her cousin's counterpart is Spider-Man(Bruce Banner) in his universe. If Jennifer got to know Peter, they would be fast friends as he would be one of the few who understands her, and she of him..

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

While it may be fun to continue speculating on this years-long Peter-Jen shipping, Peter is effectively off the table as there are absolutely no indications that any current writer of the Avengers or various Spider-Man titles has shown even a hint of getting them together.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Spider-Man(Peter Parker) would be a huge step up if Jen was dating him. The more Jennifer gets to know Peter, the closer they'll become as they are kindred spirits. Afterall, her cousin's counterpart is Spider-Man(Bruce Banner) in his universe. If Jennifer got to know Peter, they would be fast friends as he would be one of the few who understands her, and she of him..
    might as well explore this in an alternate Earth.. someday.. alas.. would be nice..

Incredible Member

Since we’re shipping... How’s about T’Challa and She Hulk?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    might as well explore this in an alternate Earth.. someday.. alas.. would be nice..
    Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Since we’re shipping... How’s about T’Challa and She Hulk?
    AU's are the havens of head canon.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Based on how BP nd Spider-Man have been written in all incarnations up to this point I don't see that working at all.
    The J-man