Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Witchblade, #175

DOUBLE-SIZED ANNIVERSARY ISSUE! Starting a new storyline, the team of writer RON MARZ and artist LAURA BRAGA continue their acclaimed run, providing an entry point for new readers, as well as a celebration of all that's gone before. Also features a second story by MARZ & BRAGA, revealing a previously untold tale of the Witchblade in feudal Japan, as well as other bonus features.

Full article here.

I still really like Witchblade. It has been a consistently great series for a long time now. But lately, Sara Pezzini's character has been somewhat erratic. First she wanted to ditch the Witchblade. Then she took it back. She had a love interest for a while. Then she ditched him. I get the sense that this series doesn't have a clear direction at the moment. I hope that changes, but it's still a quality read.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Well, Tim Seeley wrote the 19-20 issues after the Rebirth and then Ron Marz took over again. Tim's run ended and there really wasn't much of a bridge to Ron's new run. Sara just ended up in a small town. I'm glad her love interest is gone. He was lame anyways. It is still a good read though.

Im thinking the mishandling of Darkness Falls kind of messed things up. Its been pretty good on its own merits though.

Im interested to see how the current Angelus bearer came about and what it will lead too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Im thinking the mishandling of Darkness Falls kind of messed things up. Its been pretty good on its own merits though.

Im interested to see how the current Angelus bearer came about and what it will lead too.
    Indeed. The weird timing and unanswered questions are irritating and getting in the way of my enjoyment. Hope the payoff is worth it.