Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Jean Grey and Logan, couple or bootycalls?

Jean Grey is back. Logan is back. Do you see Marvel making them a long-term couple or just booty calls for each other? Or strictly friends?

Jean/Logan is gross.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm neutral with it but if it's going to happen i prefer it to happen now without love triangle.

I don't think that Marvel is planning to get then together, is clear that they want the characther back as he was in the 80s, a romance with a teamate goes against that (plus putting an A-List solo characther with a team book characther is usually a bad idea).

As for the couple itself, as a Wolverine fan i can think in like 5 reasons of why i don't want then together frankly.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I really dont see why they cant have some bootycalls.
    Jean is back for some time and still had nothing going on the sexual/romantic camp.
    Girl needs some

I understand Marvel not wanting a serious relationship for Logan/Jean

It wouldn't surprise me, but I would rather they do it now while Scott is un-alive.

Curiously enougth, is kind of hilarious to me that the ones in these boards that usually bring this theme are non-Wolverine fans

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Too late...it is done.
    Bring the popcorn we migth be in for a long thread lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

I've never supported a Jean/Logan romance, and that hasn't changed. I'm rather they remain friends and allies.

If it were up to me, Logan would pick up where he left off with Mariko Yashida (now the Scarlet Samurai), who was resurrected in Old Man Logan. I love Jean and Scott together, but I'd be fine with them staying away from that if it meant Jean proving herself as a strong independant woman that don't need no man. I'm open to a new relationship for her too, but it shouldn't be too soon, and I'm not entirely sure who a good match for her would be

BANNED

I think that they were made for each other.
    Actually, they've always been madly in love with each other.
    That said, I hope we have finally the wedding of the century.
    Maybe we have a beautiful x-baby, right?
    Yeah, Logan & Jean forever. The best couple ever.

Ultimate Member

Logan and Jean would be much more than a bootycall, and who knows how long the current version of Logan will last, if history is any indication it might not be very long and then he and Jean could be together and it wouldn't cause the apocalypse...and Jean would still be strong and independent...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Logan and Jean would be much more than a bootycall, and who knows how long the current version of Logan will last, if history is any indication it might not be very long and then he and Jean could be together and it wouldn't cause the apocalypse...and Jean would still be strong and independent...
    Logan and Jean together would be as damaging to her as Wonder Woman being with Batman would be. Writers aren't going to be willing to make him take a backseat and it's unlikely she would appear in his solo book so what's the point? They're definitely not going to put Logan in something that'll be hard to take him out of.

I guess it depends whether or not they plan on bringing Cyclops back. A Jean/Logan relationship could be great if it's well written, like what Kelly Thompson has done with Rogue and Gambit. But if Cylopcs come back I think some writers will be too tempted to write unnecessary drama and ruin things.

I don't really ship any characters together, but I'm all for getting some new relationships in the x-books. I feel like there is nothing that's really being explored right now outside of Mr & Mrs X and very briefly with Kurt and Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Logan and Jean together would be as damaging to her as Wonder Woman being with Batman would be. Writers aren't going to be willing to make him take a backseat and it's unlikely she would appear in his solo book so what's the point? They're definitely not going to put Logan in something that'll be hard to take him out of.
    You have a great point for Logan, but I don't think it would be damaging for Jean if it's well-written. She could be in a relationship and still manage the same team/school. The only difference is that Logan would be around. But like you said a relationship means Logan cann't be halfway across the world doing his own thing..so that means no solo book for him, or a solo book with a different format. They haven't said anything about a new solo book for him yet, so who knows. I can see them writing this relationship just to do something new with the character.
    Last edited by Rover; 10-27-2018 at 05:36 PM.

It's very tough to get a read on what Marvel's plan is - if they even have one - but it seems like their decisions have favored Jott. I've been skeptical that it'll be clean, however; I think they can't help but want cheap drama and despite how some feel about it, if Tott (Tyke/Jeen) is any indication, Jott is going to happen after a long, drawn-out, cheaply-dramatic mess.

Either that or a quick back-together for Jott. I honestly don't know what would be best.

Regardless, the thread question is ridiculous - i don't care what Logan does, he is who he is, but Jean should be above "booty calls". Ugh.

BANNED

We still don't know their actual plans for Logan, so it's hard to say. RoW ends next year and his solo series might be announced next month. He'll meet Jean next issue, but we don't know how things will actually look for him before a few months time. Hell, we don't even know what Jean's status will be, between Disassembled and Age of X-Man. I'd say we wait at least until RoW #3 comes out so we can have some idea of what their interactions might be.