Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

I loved him in All new Xfactor but his Weapon Lost incarnation is weird to me. Not insalvageable but just weird.

Bummer about his vocal cord.

It's just weird that Soule would choose to use a character, then not really let him do anything associated with his powers. Cypher's moment of awesome shouldn't be getting his hands on a BFG.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I loved him in All new Xfactor but his Weapon Lost incarnation is weird to me. Not insalvageable but just weird.

Bummer about his vocal cord.
    Both writers of 'New X-Factor' and 'Weapon Lost' ignored continuity.

Cypher's powers have grown and he's not the weakling he once was in a physical battle.

He can read/talk all human, computer, animal, body, structural languages.

Having him addicted to internet is just plain silly.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Bring Cypher "home" (X-book)
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I will have to read Weapon Lost just for Cypher, though it sounds like it will make me sad. I always identified with him, because he had the mutant power I wanted.

Anyway, he deserves more respect than that. His actual mutant powers would be incredibly useful on that kind of investigative mission.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I will have to read Weapon Lost just for Cypher, though it sounds like it will make me sad. I always identified with him, because he had the mutant power I wanted.

Anyway, he deserves more respect than that. His actual mutant powers would be incredibly useful on that kind of investigative mission.

They don't need Cypher just to google search, any college kids can do that.

Then they had his throat slit for no apparent reason. Don't know whether he can speak after this.

The writer has no respect for his awesome powers and less for him as a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    They don't need Cypher just to google search, any college kids can do that.

Then they had his throat slit for no apparent reason. Don't know whether he can speak after this.

The writer has no respect for his awesome powers and less for him as a mutant.
    At least Cypher is making appearances in some kind of book however irrelevant and off the beaten path it may be. As long as he's alive there is a chance for recovery/healing later on.

OBEY

Astonishing Member

I dislike the idea of Cypher as an internet addict who doesnt shave and bath for months.
    Cypher should be the kind of man Emma wants the Cuckoos to date. Super talented, intelligent, neat, tidy, good job etc. As a universal translator who can communicate easily with any uncontanted alien species, organizations like old SHIELD/SWORD and now Alpha Flight, should really want to hire him.

I also dislike making the man who can understand every language a mute. I guess Soule thinks it's a brilliant irony.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I dislike the idea of Cypher as an internet addict who doesnt shave and bath for months.
    Cypher should be the kind of man Emma wants the Cuckoos to date. Super talented, intelligent, neat, tidy, good job etc. As a universal translator who can communicate easily with any uncontanted alien species, organizations like old SHIELD/SWORD and now Alpha Flight, should really want to hire him.

I also dislike making the man who can understand every language a mute. I guess Soule thinks it's a brilliant irony.
    It's not just alien and human languages but also animal languages. He can communicate with animals just like Nature-Girl.

And with the power boost lately after his resurrection, he is able to read body language and structural weakness, those would be useful in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post

Yes Cypher should be basically a very suitable bachelor given his talents and temperament.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yes Cypher should be basically a very suitable bachelor given his talents and temperament.
    He was supposed to be Kitty's boyfriend when he was created. But then later writers forgot or hated him.

Cypher would be a great date for Magik, both are blondies and were in original New Mutants team.

Astonishing Member

He was supposed to be Kitty's boyfriend when he was created. But then later writers forgot or hated him.

Cypher would be a great date for Magik, both are blondies and were in original New Mutants team.
    the relationship between Kitty and Cypher has been completely forgotten, although she is older than him because of the time he spent dead. I used to wonder months ago if they would remember to invite him to her marriage to Colossus. (I imagined the marriage would be a huge ceremony with a lots of tables and over a hundred cameos). Kinda like the marriage of Deadpool and Schickla

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Not her boyfriend, actually. Both felt a mutual attraction, but it never came to fruition --they not even talked about it.

As for Cygik, it's a splendid idea and I know it has shippers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Innocence View Post
    He gained the ability to "read" his opponent's body language and come up with strategic advantages based on what he's read.

This all occurred after his resurrection. The transmode virus is likely, in part, the reason for this. When he returned in Necrosha he was far from the non-combatant, hiding behind a tree, Doug from the early new mutants.

It's not because of the transmode virus. It's because he had the potential as he grow older.

After body language is just a non-verbal language.

It's just like Karma didn't have telepathic powers at first but gained them later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Not her boyfriend, actually. Both felt a mutual attraction, but it never came to fruition --they not even talked about it.

As for Cygik, it's a splendid idea and I know it has shippers.
    #RAMSPUTIN4ALWAYS !!!!!!

These precious babies with their shared histories and tragedies and the juxtaposition of their opposite personalities would make for such glorious lurrrrrrv <deep breath> both misunderstood and mislabeled by their peers as innocent and needing protection and both sharing irregularly strong "soul" bonds to their respective besties <deep breath> and both sacrificing themselves so tragically to save their friends and then forcibly resurrected by evil forces to only be even further misunderstood and mislabeled by their peers and such badasses beneath such meek golden haired exteriors ahhhmagawwwd <panting wildly>

I'm FINE.