Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

What hate? Except for a few, most people seem to like it and even Leto is getting some love.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

People were dumping on the first Batman V Superman teaser "Do you bleed?" but are much more into the second, fuller trailer. SS is still in production so there isn't a lot of action sequences finalized to show but I suspect once it's time for the fuller trailer they'll be the same "now this trailer i love" reaction for anyone who isn't already on board.

I actually think the fact that this forum is as positive as it is, is more of an indicator that it's fairly well received. Usually it's full of negativity

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    He shoots down DC at every opportunity.
    It's just not even close though. Daredevil was a very good tv show. The Dark Knight was a benchmark movie. There isn't a comparison.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I thought it was just boring. I mean really, what did it show us? It told us what SS was, some cut scenes with various characters who I could only name a couple, some shots of Harley Quinn acting like a loony bin slut type, OH HAI BATMAN!, and then end with a Joker who looks odd.

But then again, this wasn't meant for mass audiences.. it was just supposed to be for comicon fanboys who love everything they see. So, whatever. Still gonna see it, not worried about it. i will judge it more after the real trailer comes out and maybe to see who the main target of the film is.

Longer more detailed thoughts if you care... http://www.mindofshadow.com/2015/07/...zzzzzzzzzzzzz/
    I actually think Margot Robbie's Harley is pretty accurate. Harley Quinn is almost always sexualized, the only time I've seen her not sexualized was with her outfit in Batman: The Animated Series. So if you're mad that they're making her a "slut", like, that's how they do Harley Quinn. That's literally always been a problem for her character, so you shouldn't be surprised when they run with that in the movie. Don't blame Robbie, or Zack Snyder. Blame the sexist comic book artists who have reduced her to a sex object for drooling comic book bros for years.

As for the Joker, I feel like the jury's still out on Jared Leto's look. While Heath Ledger's Joker was famous and amazing to watch, it wasn't exactly a traditional portrayal of "The Man who Laughs". Ever read The Killing Joke or The Dark Knight Returns? As crazy as the Joker is, he's always very slight and meticulously put together. Ledger's Joker was hulking and hurried. He was a great Joker, one of the best. But he did things differently, so we can't really judge his portrayal as the baseline.

That doesn't mean that I'm completely sold on Leto's Joker yet. While the Joker should always be chilling, I don't want him to not be fun to watch. Ledger's Joker was scary, and off his rocker, but he was fun to watch. I hope they don't try so hard to make him edgy and creepy that they sacrifice that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgoldman14 View Post
    And you see how they also hired therapists for the actors because the things they have to do in the movie are so nuts.
    Yeah, and no one is allowed to read the entire screenplay manuscript anymore. The last production assistant who did that, gouged his own eyes out with a rusty exaggeration. It's just that crazy.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    It's just not even close though. Daredevil was a very good tv show. The Dark Knight was a benchmark movie. There isn't a comparison.
    I always say Daredevil is for Marvel fans who can't admit a dark Batman is better. Seriously, I have friends who hate on Dark Knight and only like Brave and the Bold cartoon Batman and say how DC is too grimdark and Marvel is lighter- then praise Daredevil who is just a Batman ripoff. Yeah I said it.

I'm on a weird roller coaster about this. When news first broke that this movie was being made, I was determined to see it; Suicide Squad is a great concept for the big screen, esp. with the gluttony of comic movies out there. Then the early shots and casting announcements came and it greatly sunk my enthusiasm. The trailer, however, has me slightly more enthusiastic. Not as much as initially, but better than it's been in awhile. And I'm really liking Amanda Waller here.

My only three complaints:
    1. Slow happy music sung in creepy fashion is too cheesey and too cliche. When Avengers 2 did it, it was already bad. "Oooh look, we're EDGY!" Points deducted from both Marvel and DC for that.
    2. Jai Courtney. Argh!
    3. They sure love to walk incredibly close to each other. I'm wondering if, during filming, the actors kept tripping over each other's feet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I always say Daredevil is for Marvel fans who can't admit a dark Batman is better. Seriously, I have friends who hate on Dark Knight and only like Brave and the Bold cartoon Batman and say how DC is too grimdark and Marvel is lighter- then praise Daredevil who is just a Batman ripoff. Yeah I said it.
    Well the same guy made the modern incarnations of each. But yeah 10 years from now, TDK will still be one of the defining films for it's generation and Daredevil unless it gets slot better will be just another show.

Absurd to claim otherwise. Even if you like it better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hallc View Post
    I actually think Margot Robbie's Harley is pretty accurate. Harley Quinn is almost always sexualized, the only time I've seen her not sexualized was with her outfit in Batman: The Animated Series.
    Her outfit may not have been but her behavior was, mostly towards Joker but also sometimes towards Batman.

Astonishing Member

I didn't want to see the film, the trailer made me not want to see it less.
    So, it was a bad trailer.
    I have no confidence the movie will be good, it has a giant cast of unknown characters to most people aside from Joker, and Joker looks totaly different (and imo, stupid).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I didn't want to see the film, the trailer made me not want to see it less.
    So, it was a bad trailer.
    If the trailer made you "not want to see [the movie] less" then doesn't that mean it made you want to see it more? So . . . wouldn't that mean it was a good trailer?

BANNED

Not really. TDK vs Daredevil? Not a competition
    I have to agree with Daredevil (tv series) being better than TDK..but I think TDK is the weakest part of the Nolan Bat-Trilogy.

BANNED

Not really. TDK vs Daredevil? Not a competition
    I don't recall comparing DD to TDK. But it was a darker story and very well done for a Tv show. The same aesthetics applied to a movie production budget and values would surpass any of the dark knight films in terms of quality of darkness

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    What? Daredevil, if anything, started as a Spider-man clone.
    Miller took the book and added his noir touch to it, and THEN went to Batman and did the same thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I don't recall comparing DD to TDK. But it was a darker story and very well done for a Tv show. The same aesthetics applied to a movie production budget and values would surpass any of the dark knight films in terms of quality of darkness
    Not to mention the writing is a lot better on DD than The Dark Knight.