Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman and Related Solicitations for October 2015

WONDER WOMAN #45
    Written by MEREDITH FINCH
    Art by DAVID FINCH and JONATHAN GLAPION
    Cover by DAVID FINCH
    Monsters Variant cover by CLAIRE WENDLING
    On sale OCTOBER 21 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    With the Fates dead and Donna Troy still on the run, Wonder Woman must confront the sins of her past and a new, growing threat that’s closing in on the Queen of the Amazons!

SENSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN #15
    Written by ADAM BEECHEN and CARLA SPEED McNEIL
    Art by JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ, KEVIN NOWLAN, SCOTT HANNA and CARLA SPEED McNEIL
    Cover by JENNY FRISON
    On sale OCTOBER 7 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
    In “Our Little Dance,” when the well-meaning members of Debbi Domaine’s family argue that Cheetah needs rehabilitation more than incarceration, Wonder Woman is dragged into court! And Diana teaches a young thug a lesson about how having a pet forces you to train “Both Ends of the Leash.”

WONDER WOMAN ‘77 SPECIAL #2
    Written by MARC ANDREYKO
    Art by CAT STAGGS, RICHARD ORTIZ, DREW JOHNSON and JASON BADOWER
    Cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    RETROSOLICIT • On sale SEPTEMBER 30 • 80 pg, FC, $7.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
    Get ready for three new stories based on the classic television series starring Lynda Carter! A scientist who is intensely jealous of Wonder Woman becomes empowered by an ancient artifact and Cheetah is born! A woman with the powers of both fire and ice seeks revenge against a corrupt politician. And, Halloween finds the princess up against an undead adversary.

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #22
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI
    Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA
    Cover by CARY NORD
    Monsters variant cover by J.P. LEON
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    Following a shocking betrayal, Kal has lost faith in justice. Now, he’s embarking on a dangerous quest to restore his powers, while Wonder Woman makes unexpected allies of Lois Lane and Lana Lang.

DC COMICS BOMBSHELLS #3
    Written by MARGUERITE BENNETT
    Art by MARGUERITE SAUVAGE and LAURA BRAGA
    Cover by ANT LUCIA
    1:25 Variant cover by KATE LETH
    On sale OCTOBER 14 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
    A dark ritual is performed in a German cabaret, and a supernatural servant is brought forth to serve the Reich— has Zatanna been manipulated by The Joker’s Daughter? Plus, Batwoman leaves Gotham City, and Amanda Waller introduces her to an unearthly ally. And Wonder Woman gets into combat as she joins Mera on the European war front.

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR FOUR #11
    Written by BRIAN BUCCELLATO
    Art by BRUNO REDONDO and JUAN ALBARRAN
    Cover by NEIL GOOGE
    On sale OCTOBER 7 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
    The series builds toward its climactic finish as a still-absent Superman leaves an open window for Earth’s leaders to launch a nuclear attack against his reeling allies! Meanwhile, former enemies Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn set off to save Queen Hippolyta.

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR FOUR #12
    Written by BRIAN BUCCELLATO
    Art by MIKE S. MILLER
    Cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    On sale OCTOBER 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST • FINAL ISSUE
    The shattering conclusion to the Year of the Gods! In this final issue of Year Four, the balance of power may be tipped by the arrival of a force that could challenge even the Gods of Olympus. Also, Wonder Woman must make a stand, and the final fate of Ares is revealed.

JUSTICE LEAGUE 3001 #5
    Written by KEITH GIFFEN and J.M. DeMATTEIS
    Art and cover by HOWARD PORTER
    On sale OCTOBER 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    There’s a new Batman in town—and the real Batman takes it upon himself to seek this imposter out. Plus, a new threat approaches our galaxy. Will the Justice League be prepared for it?

JUSTICE LEAGUE #45
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    Monsters Variant cover by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
    The critically acclaimed “Darkseid War” continues as the second wave of war begins with “Darkseid War: Gods and Men”! Writer Geoff Johns is joined by superstar artist Francis Manapul for this special issue featuring the all-new, all-powerful Justice League! In the aftermath of the cataclysmic events of JUSTICE LEAGUE #44, members of the League have gained great power —the power of Gods!— but at a great price. And that price may be their destruction, unless Wonder Woman and Mister Miracle can help the League escape the curse of the New Gods and hold on to their humanity.
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

TITANS HUNT #1
    Written by DAN ABNETT
    Art and cover by PAULO SIQUEIRA
    1:25 Variant cover by TITANS HUNT
    On sale OCTOBER 21 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 12, $3.99 US • RATED T
    CONVERGENCE is over, but the ripples are still being felt, especially by a young precog named Lilith. What are these visions she’s having of a Teen Titans team the world never knew? And why does she feel compelled to seek out Dick Grayson, Roy Harper, Donna Troy and an Atlantean named Garth and warn them that something dark and sinister is coming after them? Who are Mal, Gnarrk, Hank Hall and Dawn Granger, and what is their connection to the others—and to the fate of every soul on Earth? This is the Secret History of the TEEN TITANS!
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Could the solicit for Wonder Woman #45 be more vague? Anyways, I'm really looking forward to more Wonder Woman '77, Justice League, and Titans Hunt for sure.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I could not be more excited for more Wonder Woman '77. Seriously the best Wonder Woman out there currently.

I'm not thrilled with the solicit for #45. The Fates are some of my favorite mythological figures, so it's a bit miffing that they're killed off. Somebody probably wants their god-powers, but I've always considered them above the gods.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I could not be more excited for more Wonder Woman '77. Seriously the best Wonder Woman out there currently.

I'm not thrilled with the solicit for #45. The Fates are some of my favorite mythological figures, so it's a bit miffing that they're killed off. Somebody probably wants their god-powers, but I've always considered them above the gods.
    The cover for '77 is spectacular.

BTW - I have to say that the cover to Wonder Woman #45 is the most boring of David's to date. The actual art is fine but the presentation wouldn't lure me to pick up the book if I wasn't already.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

The return of Wonder Woman '77. Yes!!!
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

BANNED

titans hunt time for real donna?

WonderWoman '77 is fun at least, justice league she will be one of the saviors of the league

Looking forward to Wonder Woman and Mister Miracle front and center in Justice League #45. JL Wonder Woman along with Sensation are my fave interpretations of her right now and we're finally getting a version (characters and designs) of the New Gods I'm intrigued reading about.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Really excited to see '77's take on Cheetah. Sounds like they're going with the Barbara Minerva version.
    I wonder if the fire and ice girl is a new creation, or a combination of Zara and Blue Snowman or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Really excited to see '77's take on Cheetah. Sounds like they're going with the Barbara Minerva version.
    I wonder if the fire and ice girl is a new creation, or a combination of Zara and Blue Snowman or something.

You read my mind about the fire & ice girl. Perhaps she'll be called the Flaming Snowman?

I can't believe "Darkseid War" is going to be as big of a lift from Marvel as it is.

How the hell was #45 cover approved? One of the blandest covers I've seen in a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    How the hell was #45 cover approved? One of the blandest covers I've seen in a long time!
    I'm inclined to think that it isn't the cover. Aside from how bland is it (which obviously ain't helped by that costume), the actual size of it suggests it's simply a random panel of artwork that's been used, presumably because the cover either a) isn't done yet or b) is potentially spoilery for events taking place prior to #45.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I can't believe "Darkseid War" is going to be as big of a lift from Marvel as it is.
    What story is it lifting from? I certainly don't care if so, as its shaping up to be the best thing Johns has written in years and the best he's written Diana ever.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What story is it lifting from? I certainly don't care if so, as its shaping up to be the best thing Johns has written in years and the best he's written Diana ever.
    It sounds almost exactly like they will copy what happened to the X-Men in "Avengers Vs. X-Men".