Spectacular Member

Default Superman OCTOBER 2015 Solicitations

http://www.newsarama.com/25220-dc-co...dc-titles.html

SUPERMAN: LOIS & CLARK #1
    Written by DAN JURGENS
    Art and cover by LEE WEEKS
    1:25 Variant cover by TONY S. DANIEL
    On sale OCTOBER 14 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    Following the epic events of CONVERGENCE, here are the adventures of the last sons and daughter of the Krypton and Earth as they try to survive in a world not their own. But can they keep this world from suffering the same fate as their own? Can this Superman stop the villains he once fought before they are created on this world? What is Intergang, and why does Lois’s discovery of it place everyone she loves in jeopardy? What will happen when their nine-year-old son learns the true identity of his parents? Make way for the original power couple, for better, for worse, in sickness and in health, until death do them part!
    ACTION COMICS #45
    Written by GREG PAK and AARON KUDER
    Art and cover by AARON KUDER
    Monsters variant cover by DAVE JOHNSON
    On sale OCTOBER 7 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    As this new epic begins, the Man of Steel’s identity as Clark Kent has been exposed. He’s been beaten and pushed to the brink in his quest to regain his powers while his enemies have gathered their forces. And now, Clark must ask himself the ultimate question: Should he even continue as Superman?
    As the action begins, a new hero emerges to fight for Justice—and against Superman!
    A new hero, maybe PFP Clark?

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #25
    Written by GREG PAK
    Art by ARDIAN SYAF and VICENTE CIFUENTES
    Cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    Monsters variant cover by MICHAEL AVON OEMING
    What impact will the revelation of Superman’s secret identity have on the rest of the heroes of the DC Universe? As Superman seeks to serve justice to the villains behind his power loss, find out who the Man of Steel’s new crimefighting partner will be!

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #22
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI
    Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA
    Cover by CARY NORD
    Monsters variant cover by J.P. LEON
    On sale OCTOBER 21 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Following a shocking betrayal, Kal has lost faith in justice. Now, he’s embarking on a dangerous quest to restore his powers, while Wonder Woman makes unexpected allies of Lois Lane and Lana Lang
    Diana, Lois and Lana Teamup! Also Kal and not Clark?

SUPERMAN #45
    Written by GENE LUEN YANG
    Art and cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and KLAUS JANSON
    Monsters variant cover by CULLY HAMNER
    On sale OCTOBER 28 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    After having his secret identity exposed, Superman vowed to bring to justice anyone who hurt those close to him. But when a villain calls his bluff, how far will the Man of Steel go?
    BIZARRO #5
    Written by HEATH CORSON
    Art and cover by GUSTAVO DUARTE
    On sale OCTOBER 21 • 32 pg, FC, 5 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED E
    It’s Bizarro’s best day ever! Will Jimmy’s secret tear apart the worstest friends ever?!
    DOOMED #5
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    Art and cover by JAVIER FERNANDEZ
    On sale OCTOBER 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    At last! Doomed goes head-to-head with the Alpha Centurion in the avatar-battle to end all avatar-battles! But can Reiser and Roman’s friendship survive this clash of titans? And if these roommates split, who will keep all the video games they went halfsies on?! The stakes don’t get any bigger than this!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spectacular Member

SM_Cv45.jpg
    SM-WW_22.jpg
    BIZ_Cv5.jpg

Here the other three covers. There are more JL books with Superman in the Newsarama link
    Last edited by Airtrap; 07-14-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Interesting solicits. I guess the theme of the next phase of this mega arc is "JUSTICE", even if it isn't officially named that.

The mention of a new hero...I know some people will automatically say it's likely pre-fp Supes...but I think it might be...

Lee Lambert, perhaps in her own costumed identity. Pak and Kuder has said she is going to be a character to watch. Perhaps that's why.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Interesting solicits. I guess the theme of the next phase of this mega arc is "JUSTICE", even if it isn't officially named that.

The mention of a new hero...I know some people will automatically say it's likely pre-fp Supes...but I think it might be...

Lee Lambert, perhaps in her own costumed identity. Pak and Kuder has said she is going to be a character to watch. Perhaps that's why.
    She doesn't seem very anti Superman so far, though. Now, maybe things change between October and now, but she wouldn't be my first choice as of yet.
    My guess is that it actually is....a new guy (or a revamped Pre New 52 guy).
    Overall, well...yeah, this is clearly the "Justice" phase, what with every sollicit managing to put the word in somewhere.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Written by DAN JURGENS
    Art and cover by LEE WEEKS
    1:25 Variant cover by TONY S. DANIEL
    Following the epic events of CONVERGENCE, here are the adventures of the last sons and daughter of the Krypton and Earth as they try to survive in a world not their own. But can they keep this world from suffering the same fate as their own? Can this Superman stop the villains he once fought before they are created on this world? What is Intergang, and why does Lois’s discovery of it place everyone she loves in jeopardy? What will happen when their nine-year-old son learns the true identity of his parents? Make way for the original power couple, for better, for worse, in sickness and in health, until death do them part!

I don't know why, the bolded part makes me think Johns will write the last adventure of these Lois and Clark.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

It's definitely not pre-52 Superman. When that guy and the current guy meet - and that's something we can count on - it's going to be an event unto itself.
    Buh-bye

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

I don't know why, the bolded part makes me think Johns will write the last adventure of these Lois and Clark.
    yeah the "until death do them part!" is weird. My mind immediately went to "heroic sacrifice" from PFP Clark to save his wife and son but it's probably just typical solicit talk, everything is shocking or dramatic and then little happens in the actual book *shrug*

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrap View Post
    yeah the "until death do them part!" is weird. My mind immediately went to "heroic sacrifice" from PFP Clark to save his wife and son but it's probably just typical solicit talk, everything is shocking or dramatic and then little happens in the actual book *shrug*
    Surely no one will die at just the beginning of the series.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Surely no one will die at just the beginning of the series.
    nah that's just the almight "foreshadowing"

Also something that comes to mind when seeing the Superman #45 Cover, it's a bit Sin City (the black, white and red) and some Daredevil (JRJR mostly). What a direction for Supeman that could be

Incredible Member

Make way for the original power couple, for better, for worse, in sickness and in health, until death do them part!
    Wow dc way to take something that identifies Superman and Wonder Woman and give it to lois and Clark and ultimately turn it into a pissing contest, bravo (slow sarcastic clapping begins).
    Also with the "death do you part line" and given DC's recent history, I'm guessing DC are going to arrange another Lois funeral, makes me wonder if they are following Jet Li's the one film plot where this Lois is the only one left in the multiverse and gains the powers of a god.

I have also seen the Superman Wonder Woman cover and it is awesome.

Lastly are they really following one event with another? Haven't they heard of event fatigue?

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrap View Post
    nah that's just the almight "foreshadowing"

Also something that comes to mind when seeing the Superman #45 Cover, it's a bit Sin City (the black, white and red) and some Daredevil (JRJR mostly). What a direction for Supeman that could be
    Well, with a depowered Superman whose identity is exposed and with an influence from the Golden Age, I can see the book putting some focus on Superman helping out the community in a different fashion than just fighting the monster of the week.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Wow dc way to take something that identifies Superman and Wonder Woman and give it to lois and Clark and ultimately turn it into a pissing contest, bravo (slow sarcastic clapping begins).
    Also with the "death do you part line" and given DC's recent history, I'm guessing DC are going to arrange another Lois funeral, makes me wonder if they are following Jet Li's the one film plot where this Lois is the only one left in the multiverse and gains the powers of a god.

Lastly are they really following one event with another? Haven't they heard of event fatigue?
    Even DC knows what is the real deal, they can'1t help theirselves JK (?). well after what they made with lois fans this is at least a apology.
    Lois won't die, but I still wonder the plan for apre and new 52 loises and clarks

editors are just testing if people will have patience for this
    Last edited by Tayswift; 07-14-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    She doesn't seem very anti Superman so far, though. Now, maybe things change between October and now, but she wouldn't be my first choice as of yet.
    My guess is that it actually is....a new guy (or a revamped Pre New 52 guy).
    Overall, well...yeah, this is clearly the "Justice" phase, what with every sollicit managing to put the word in somewhere.
    For some reason, I'm thinking of Jose Delgado...aka GANGBUSTER. His MO would fit right in with the theme of "JUSTICE".

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post

No need to worry. Just solicit copy to drum up interest and acknowledge the differences between Pre-Flashpoint Superman and Post-Flashpoint Superman. Your Power Couple is safe and sound for the forseeable future.

...and technically....Lois and Clark ARE the original Power couple. So not historically inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    For some reason, I'm thinking of Jose Delgado...aka GANGBUSTER. His MO would fit right in with the theme of "JUSTICE".
    I guess that's possible. I must admit that I'm not an expert in Gangbuster lore.
    Is he using guns? I can't help noticing that it looks like Superman's being shot on that cover (and he apparently doesn't give a damn.)