Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a pretty decent month from Image, even with a ton of good books on break:

Black Magick 1 (Yay!)
    Chew 51
    Drifter 9
    East of West 23
    From Under Mountains 2
    I Hate Fairyland 1 (Double yay!)
    Invincible 124
    Invisible Republic 7
    Island Magazine 4 (I hope they release these in hardcovers or trades sometime)
    Material 5
    ODY-C 8
    Paper Girls 1
    Postal 8
    Rasputin 10
    Rumble 8
    Saints 1 (If the reviews are solid)
    Sex Criminals 15
    Spread 11
    Starve 5
    Switch 1 (Will need more info on this--is it a mini?)
    They're Not Like Us 9
    Tokyo Ghost 2
    Trees 14
    TWD Compendium 3
    Wolf 4
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu B View Post
    It seems that most of the series I get from Image are on hiatus in October. Only Wic & Dic for me.
    Yeah it looks like a quiet month, which is a good thing considering the number of Marvel hc's out this month.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Weird month.

Most of my regulars are on hiatus but there are some really promising new series. Black Magick is a must for the creative team alone, but then so is Paper Girls, I Hate Fairyland and Twitch. And that none of them are dystopian science fiction series is all the better: I dig the genre and I'm reading a bunch of books in that genre but it's nice to see Image stretch out a bit as it was starting to look like every second new book they were releasing wasn't just scifi but was of the dystopian variety.

Now to just find money in my budget for all this good, good stuff.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    I haven't gotten around to reading Stjepan Sejic's works yet, but his art style is pretty unique. I'd like to check out his work on Death Vigil, Sunstone, and Rat Queens sometime. Might get Switch #1 after I see some preview pages of the first issue.
    I really didn't like the overly rendered style he used on Witchblade but since he has switched to a more traditional looking art style, he has become one of my favorites. I still need to read Death Vigil but his short Rat Queens run was really good and Sunstone is just an utter delight, both in terms of writing and art. Who would have thought that a "softcore sex comic" would be this funny, sweet and heartfelt with such brilliant characterization. Check it out at Deviant Art, if you're not quite ready to buy the hard copies.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

All-New Member

Iīm wondering a bit when will we see Black Road solicited? It was announced for september, while a month delay in image solicitations isnīt something to wonder it isnīt in the october solicitations either. According to Garrry Browns Twitter the last page of the first issue was inked in april and in june he showed some Black Road artwork hopefully we see it solicited for november. I canīt wait...

As for october iīm getting:

8 House: Yorris #5
    Astronauts in Trouble #5 (of 11)
    Black Magick #1 (The normal version for my collection and the magazine version to read9
    CBLDF Liberty Annual 2015 (though it wanīt very good last year)
    Codename Baboushka #1 (donīt like the 3,99$ tag, but if its good i pay it)
    East of West #23
    The Fade Out #10
    Invincible #124
    Invisible Republic #7
    Island Magazine #4 (I wish Image would release an anthology book too)
    Material #5
    Nailbiter #16
    Paper Girls #1
    Saints #1 (maaaayyybe, need to see some previews first on that one)
    Sex #25 (still amazed that this is still aroud, the digital sales must be pretty good if it holds on with that low physical sales)
    Theyīre not like us #9
    Tokyo Ghostīs #2 (my personal Black Science replacement)
    We stand on guard #4
    the Wicked + The Divine #15
    Wolf #4

I had the great pleasure of speaking with several of the foremost industry talents during this year's SDCC. The highlights of those:
    - Dustin Nguyen who's excitement and energy levels were absolutely infectious. Talking details of Descender, as well as laying eyes on the originals!
    - Kelly Sue DeConnick shared Emma Rios' cover from issue 3 of the upcoming secondary arc of Pretty Deadly...the tree is amazing! She also shared that Bitch Planet will be going to the "Saga model" of queuing up issue so they come out monthly, then take a few month break.
    - Tula Lotay who'd just come back from a vaca in Alaska. If you haven't checked out her art then you are really missing out! Her upcoming Heartless series with Warren Ellis is creepy!
    - Kieron Gillen who was kind enough to talk details/nuances of serial of his series, as well as share Tula's art for her upcoming issue of The Wicked + The Divine!
    - Jacob Sehman who shared that Goners did well in trade such that it's returning for another arc!
    - Nicola Scott who shared how she established the art style she's using for Black Magik, which will be all hand painted; if you haven't checked out the first few pages in the Image Sampler July 2015, then you need to seek that (likely in Comixology or Image)!
    - Jonathan Hickman who is evaluating his next step(s) while taking a break post his epic Avengers run. He'll always do his Image work. He indicate that East of West and The Manhattan Projects will be back on monthly schedule going forward, as well as The Dying & The Dead (though it may still slightly slip). His next book he's both writing and drawing.

Lastly, I was able to look at all of Sean Murphy's originals of issue 1 of the forthcoming Tokyo Ghost...epic!

I had hoped to talk with Kurtis Wiebe, as I'd spoken with him in years past, but Hall H on Fri for The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and Star Wars was hugely epic and probably the highlight of my Con. Runner up was meeting Ragnar (Travis) from Vikings while at a bar Sat night!

Quote Originally Posted by sharoth View Post
    Iīm wondering a bit when will we see Black Road solicited? It was announced for september, while a month delay in image solicitations isnīt something to wonder it isnīt in the october solicitations either. According to Garrry Browns Twitter the last page of the first issue was inked in april and in june he showed some Black Road artwork hopefully we see it solicited for november. I canīt wait...

As for october iīm getting:

8 House: Yorris #5
    Astronauts in Trouble #5 (of 11)
    Black Magick #1 (The normal version for my collection and the magazine version to read9
    CBLDF Liberty Annual 2015 (though it wanīt very good last year)
    Codename Baboushka #1 (donīt like the 3,99$ tag, but if its good i pay it)
    East of West #23
    The Fade Out #10
    Invincible #124
    Invisible Republic #7
    Island Magazine #4 (I wish Image would release an anthology book too)
    Material #5
    Nailbiter #16
    Paper Girls #1
    Saints #1 (maaaayyybe, need to see some previews first on that one)
    Sex #25 (still amazed that this is still aroud, the digital sales must be pretty good if it holds on with that low physical sales)
    Theyīre not like us #9
    Tokyo Ghostīs #2 (my personal Black Science replacement)
    We stand on guard #4
    the Wicked + The Divine #15
    Wolf #4
    Welcome to the forums sharoth!
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post
    - Jacob Sehman who shared that Goners did well in trade such that it's returning for another arc!

- Jonathan Hickman who is evaluating his next step(s) while taking a break post his epic Avengers run. He'll always do his Image work. He indicate that East of West and The Manhattan Projects will be back on monthly schedule going forward, as well as The Dying & The Dead (though it may still slightly slip). His next book he's both writing and drawing.
    Great news for Goners! I really hope it takes off with this second arc because it is a very solid book. Also, I thought The Dying and the Dead was finished?

BANNED

I had the great pleasure of speaking with several of the foremost industry talents during this year's SDCC. The highlights of those:
    - Dustin Nguyen who's excitement and energy levels were absolutely infectious. Talking details of Descender, as well as laying eyes on the originals!
    - Kelly Sue DeConnick shared Emma Rios' cover from issue 3 of the upcoming secondary arc of Pretty Deadly...the tree is amazing! She also shared that Bitch Planet will be going to the "Saga model" of queuing up issue so they come out monthly, then take a few month break.
    - Tula Lotay who'd just come back from a vaca in Alaska. If you haven't checked out her art then you are really missing out! Her upcoming Heartless series with Warren Ellis is creepy!
    - Kieron Gillen who was kind enough to talk details/nuances of serial of his series, as well as share Tula's art for her upcoming issue of The Wicked + The Divine!
    - Nicola Scott who shared how she established the art style she's using for Black Magik, which will be all hand painted; if you haven't checked out the first few pages in the Image Sampler July 2015, then you need to seek that (likely in Comixology or Image)!

Lastly, I was able to look at all of Sean Murphy's originals of issue 1 of the forthcoming Tokyo Ghost...epic!

I had hoped to talk with Kurtis Wiebe, as I'd spoken with him in years past, but Hall H on Fri for The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and Star Wars was hugely epic and probably the highlight of my Con. Runner up was meeting Ragnar (Travis) from Vikings while at a bar Sat night!
    nd now I'm jealous, lol.

A lot of my usual stuff is on hiatus (Deadly Class, Rocket Girl, Copperhead, Morning Glories, etc).

Stuff I'm getting:

Black Magick #1 (dat creative team...)
    CODENAME BABOUSHKA: THE CONCLAVE OF DEATH #1
    Drifter #9
    East of West #23
    Empty Zone #5
    From Under Mountains #2
    I HATE FAIRYLAND (dat creative "team"...)
    Island Magazine #4
    Invincible #124
    Invisible Republic #7
    Material #5
    Nailbiter #16
    Paper Girls #1 (dat creative team...)
    Phonogram: the Immaterial Girl #3
    Plutona #2
    Rasputin #10
    Revival #34
    Sex #25
    Sex Criminals #15
    Southern Bastards #12
    Switch #1
    Tokyo Ghost #2
    Trees #14
    The Walking Dead #147
    They're N0t Like Us #9
    We Stand On Guard #4
    The Wicked + the Divine #15
    Wolf #4

That's a lot (I also pull DC and Marvel)...it's probably a good thing a lot of my stuff is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    I thought The Dying and the Dead was finished?
    All 7 issues have been solicited, but only 2 actually out. Current projections, even if it gets on a monthly release is issue 7 in Dec.

Previews just sent notice that Pisces 4 and 5 have been cancelled; I've PM'd Kurtis Wiebe.

It's going to be a good month for me.

POSTAL #8
    SWITCH #1 (My most wanted book for the month)
    TALES OF HONOR: BRED TO KILL #4
    THINK TANK #2
    THE TITHE #6
    WITCHBLADE #185

Previews just sent notice that Pisces 4 and 5 have been cancelled; I've PM'd Kurtis Wiebe.
    I'll be gutted if they have been!

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'll be gutted if they have been!
    Response from Kurtis: Yes. It's cancelled unfortunately.

Response from Kurtis: Yes. It's cancelled unfortunately.
    Wow, what? That's horrible news.