Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Just Amazing Spiderman 1 & 2 for me, and I'm not 100% committed at this time. $6 for what will be a mostly filler issue 1 is crazy.

BANNED

Look at all that corporate greed.

Spider-man for $6?! How about no....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Given that this is Al Ewing, I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you there.
    Are you sure? Look at that roster. The Maker should be done with them in one issue, or two tops.

He's too powerful to not be written out, via PIS, like he was in the Ultimates when Hickman left.

Hickman should've got Marvel to keep certain characters like The Maker in storage until he comes back.

No "X-Men '92"?! Then I promise no more sales will be made to me for any of your books after that title ends. But at least it was fun pretending that Marvel had FINALLY come to their senses after 15 years, even if it was only for four months.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    No "X-Men '92"?! Then I promise no more sales will be made to me for any of your books after that title ends. But at least it was fun pretending that Marvel had FINALLY come to their senses after 15 years, even if it was only for four months.
    Why would X-Men '92 be serialized? They never gave any indication, and while it is cool to read, for nostalgia, that book doesn't do anything to help the future of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Are you sure? Look at that roster. The Maker should be done with them in one issue, or two tops.

He's too powerful to not be written out, via PIS, like he was in the Ultimates when Hickman left.

Hickman should've got Marvel to keep certain characters like The Maker in storage until he comes back.
    Even if Hickman was writing, I can tell you right now that he wouldn't be doing nearly as much damage as he was in Ultimates when he was blowing up continents.

He doesn't have all of the resources he did in the Ultimate universe, and it would be incredibly boring if he was as invincible and untouchable as you want him to be. I think it'll be interesting to see the roster you scoff at struggle to pull through and beat him. (especially when a few of them, like Wiccan, are powerhouses) Never mind that Ewing's pretty much said he and his new organization are going to be recurring threats in the book, so he's definitely not being written out.

Here we go.
    Invincible Iron Man #1 and #2
    Secret Wars #8
    1872#4
    Civil War #5
    Avengers #0
    Doctor Strange #1
    Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe-Marvel's Iron Man
    Marvel Universe Avengers Assemble Season Two #12
    Moon Knight Epic Collections: Shadows of the Moon TPB
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-14-2015 at 04:39 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    Did Squadron Supreme not come out this month? Bummer. It and Karnak are the only ones I'm interested in that they've announced so far.
    It is not coming out because Marvel needs room for the double shipping.

I don't mind with the double shipping. Having less than a month between 2 issues is a confortable luxury and that money would have gone to an other serie anyway.
    But Ultimate and Squadron Supreme were the two I was really excited about. At least I can give NA a try because Ultimate Reed.

BANNED

Some things I noticed:

• Skottie Young is listed for the Point One issue, and he's not writing for any of the titles mentioned. We can infer from this that he is writing one of the classified stories.
    • Ultimate Reed Richards on New Avengers! This book now has my attention.
    • There's a load of $4.99 titles. I hope this doesn't become a habit for Marvel, or eventually they will no doubt push the prices up again.
    • It'd be great if Marvel could go back to double-shipping on Amazing Spider-Man on a permanent basis. Spidey has always been their biggest title and it was nice having story arcs build up over long runs.
    • No ANADAvengers is strange, I thought they'd be pushing that title with the first load of books seeing as it's being presented as the main Avengers book.

EDIT: Good god, I did not notice the price tags for Point One and ASM #1. That is just ridiculous, half the stuff in these books is fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    So i guess that Uncanny X-men #600 will be in November.
    Marvel don't tend to re-solicit things once they've been delayed, so it could come out in October.

Anyway, my list for the month:

Invincible Iron Man #1 & 2
    Secret Wars #8
    Thors #4
    1872 #4
    Civil War #5
    Weirdworld #5
    Squadron Sinister #4
    ANAD Marvel Point One #1
    Avengers #0
    Amazing Spider-Man #1 & 2
    Doctor Strange #1
    Extraordinary X-Men #1 & 2
    Guardians of the Galaxy #1
    Karnak #1
    New Avengers #1 & 2
    Spider-Gwen #1
    Uncanny Avengers #1
    Uncanny Inhumans #1
    Last edited by Cloudman; 07-14-2015 at 04:44 PM.

BANNED

Even if Hickman was writing, I can tell you right now that he wouldn't be doing nearly as much damage as he was in Ultimates when he was blowing up continents.

He doesn't have all of the resources he did in the Ultimate universe, and it would be incredibly boring if he was as invincible and untouchable as you want him to be. I think it'll be interesting to see the roster you scoff at struggle to pull through and beat him. (especially when a few of them, like Wiccan, are powerhouses) Never mind that Ewing's pretty much said he and his new organization are going to be recurring threats in the book, so he's definitely not being written out.
    Dude...you forget that The Maker built his machines from scratch, and then rebuilt them after Ultimate Enemy....he then built the City.

The dude fodderized the World Tree.

The Maker will EASILY be able to rebuild here.

I just hope that he's more of an OVERALL Marvel threat, then just a threat in this book, because NO one here is smart enough to get the better of him. It doesn't matter how good a writer Ewing is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    No ANADAvengers is strange, I thought they'd be pushing that title with the first load of books seeing as it's being presented as the main Avengers book.
    I think it's because Ms. Marvel isn't done with her Secret Wars tie-in arc yet and they want to make sure all of the members are past the event before moving forward.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    The next 3 or 4 issues all got pushed back, I think the 2nd September issue got pushed back into October?

Thanks, I knew a few got pushed back but did not know it was all of them and this far back

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Dude...you forget that The Maker built his machines from scratch, and then rebuilt them after Ultimate Enemy....he then built the City.

The dude fodderized the World Tree.

The Maker will EASILY be able to rebuild here.

I just hope that he's more of an OVERALL Marvel threat, then just a threat in this book, because NO one here is smart enough to get the better of him. It doesn't matter how good a writer Ewing is.
    "Built his machines from scratch"? Is that what you call him stealing a bunch of stuff from Project Pegasus? Never mind all of the alien tech he was using in the Negative Zone... "built his machines from scratch" indeed. Also, that fodderizing the World Tree? Also a thing that could have only happened in the Ultimate universe, and wouldn't happen here either, no matter who was writing. He's never going to able to do that kind of massive and lasting damage in 616, I'm sorry to say.

You seem to want a villain who's completely unstoppable and only involved in the "important" things, only able to be beat by the "important" characters. Fortunately for us, Ewing is a good writer and Ultimate Reed won't be as boring as that, actually being a challenge for the New Avengers to overcome rather than someone who does little more than beat everyone up and flaunt how much better he is. That's not much better than what Red Hulk used to be like.
    Last edited by Harpoon; 07-14-2015 at 05:09 PM.

Oh damn, Ultimate Reed in New Avengers?! Ewing's comments about W.H.I.S.P.E.R. and its leader all make sense now!
    What comments? Share please.

Also, looks like Crystal will be appearing again:

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Nothing for me.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy