Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 158
  1. #61
    Incredible Member Harpoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post
    What comments? Share please.
    From the recent interview he did. WHISPER is an organization made up of the AIM members who didn't want to go along with Sunspot, also.

    http://marvel.com/news/comics/24879/...ngers_take_aim.

    And in the background of all this madness—who else but W.H.I.S.P.E.R., and their sinister leader? He’s not new. You know him well, and you’ll see him sooner than you think. And then you’ll know you have to read this book. And I haven’t even mentioned the King of Space, American Kaiju, or the riotous return of Avengers 20XX! How much fun can one comic have? We're about to find out!

  2. #62
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    3,806

    Default

    now you see that, marvel? All you had to do was give me a little more info on what's going on in your books, and boom! I added four or five more titles to my pull list. I noticed Squadron Supreme and Ultimates aren't on the list, though... and where's all new all different Avengers? Looking forward to Spider Man vs. Zodiac.

  3. #63
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I guess the Secret Wars delays pushed, like, half of their new releases to November?

    That's kinda weird considering how they've been repeating the line about October over and over.
    Marvel marketing and creators barely mentioned October, so I'm not sure what you mean. There were rumors about September at one point, but Marvel had confirmed they will be stretching Secret Wars a bit...

  4. #64
    Incredible Member FlawedCoil82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Troy, Ohio
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Why would X-Men '92 be serialized? They never gave any indication, and while it is cool to read, for nostalgia, that book doesn't do anything to help the future of the franchise.
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/13/820...ic-secret-wars

    The article that originally broke the news of the "X-Men '92" series calls it "an ongoing series".

    And quite frankly I don't care about the "future". Everything Marvel has tried the past 15 years has not interested me. I want them to stay with what works. It hurts absolutely no one to keep this book around as an alternative for those of us who can not stand how Marvel has completely ruined the modern day X-Men.
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 07-14-2015 at 05:15 PM.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member Xalfrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,552

    Default

    Ms. Marvel #19. Eager to see how her Last Days, and her first nearly 2-year run, will end.

  6. #66
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    "Built his machines from scratch"? Is that what you call him stealing a bunch of stuff from Project Pegasus? Never mind all of the alien tech he was using in the Negative Zone... "built his machines from scratch" indeed. Also, that fodderizing the World Tree? Also a thing that could have only happened in the Ultimate universe, and wouldn't happen here either, no matter who was writing. He's never going to able to do that kind of massive and lasting damage in 616, I'm sorry to say.

    You seem to want a villain who's completely unstoppable and only involved in the "important" things, only able to be beat by the "important" characters. Fortunately for us, Ewing is a good writer and Ultimate Reed won't be as boring as that!
    Fine, he still did things no one else could even dream of, and he still slaughtered 60+ Earths full of other universe heroes. The dude also built a Cube.

    Also, what's wrong with having a villain version of REED FREAKING RICHARDS has special occassion villain? We've got Doom, Thanos, Apocoalypse and Kang that are. I don't think most would be against such thing.

    When villains like that get used as antagonists against heroes like these (honeslty, Robert vs The Maker? Laughable.) we get stupidity like Scott Lang beating the living crap out of Doom.

  7. #67
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/13/820...ic-secret-wars

    The article that originally broke the news of the "X-Men '92" series calls it "an ongoing series".

    And quite frankly I don't care about the "future". Everything Marvel has tried the past 15 years has not interested me. I want them to stay with what works. It hurts absolutely no one to keep this book around as an alternative for those of us who can not stand how Marvel has completely ruined the modern day X-Men.
    Fair enough.

  8. #68
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/13/820...ic-secret-wars

    The article that originally broke the news of the "X-Men '92" series calls it "an ongoing series".

    And quite frankly I don't care about the "future". Everything Marvel has tried the past 15 years has not interested me. I want them to stay with what works. It hurts absolutely no one to keep this book around as an alternative for those of us who can not stand how Marvel has completely ruined the modern day X-Men.
    Maybe something along the lines of X-Men '92 will come back shortly. After all not all ANAD books have been announced. As long as a book sells, Marvel will continue publishing it. Alternatively, maybe there are not enough people who feel the same way as you do and/or who are purchasing the book...

  9. #69
    Incredible Member Harpoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Fine, he still did things no one else could even dream of, and he still slaughtered 60+ Earths full of other universe heroes. The dude also built a Cube.

    Also, what's wrong with having a villain version of REED FREAKING RICHARDS has special occassion villain? We've got Doom, Thanos, Apocoalypse and Kang that are. I don't think most would be against such thing.

    When villains like that get used as antagonists against heroes like these (honeslty, Robert vs The Maker? Laughable.) we get stupidity like Scott Lang beating the living crap out of Doom.
    Doom, Thanos, Apocalypse, and Kang have all been used in a variety of stories, sometimes by teams a lot more "laughable" than this one, not just "special occasions" ones. So not sure why Ultimate Reed should get special treatment over them.

    And I loved Lang's taking down Doom, so we're clearly going to be disagreeing there, too.

  10. #70
    Incredible Member FlawedCoil82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Troy, Ohio
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Maybe something along the lines of X-Men '92 will come back shortly. After all not all ANAD books have been announced. As long as a book sells, Marvel will continue publishing it. Alternatively, maybe there are not enough people who feel the same way as you do and/or who are purchasing the book...
    I do understand that sales have a lot to do with it. But "X-Men '92" #1 sold over 97,600 copies, which to my understanding is pretty good. So I would think/hope that if #2 could do that well or not be a sharp decline, then that should warrant Marvel's attention for keeping the series going. Some fans don't even realize the book was released in print yet, as many articles mistakenly said it was a "digital-only" release, so I hope as they discover that, the numbers will increase or at very least hold steady.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

  11. #71
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Doom, Thanos, Apocalypse, and Kang have all been used in a variety of stories, sometimes by teams a lot more "laughable" than this one, not just "special occasions" ones. So not sure why Ultimate Reed should get special treatment over them.

    And I loved Lang's taking down Doom, so we're clearly going to be disagreeing there, too.
    That run started off awesome, but then ended so badly. I was sure that that run of FF was not well received, but all the power to you.

    I'll give the first 3-5 issues a chance, becuase, despite my rant, this is a fun looking team. I just hope that The Maker is treated with respect.

  12. #72
    Askani'Son Drakeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,028

    Default

    They list two classified stories in the Point one but the cover clearly shows Rocket and Groot (Skottie most likely) and Crystal (All New Inhumans)

    New Avengers sounds even better now that The Maker is involved.

    Really wanted Ultinates and Daredevil in Oct but with those price points Im okay with a bit less.

    Getting:

    New Avengers
    Contest of Champions
    Dr Strange
    Angela
    1602 Witch Hunter
    Infinity Gauntlet
    Wierdworld
    Age of Apocalypse
    Siege
    All New Point One
    Avengers #0
    Secret Wars
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

  13. #73
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I do understand that sales have a lot to do with it. But "X-Men '92" #1 sold over 97,600 copies, which to my understanding is pretty good. So I would think/hope that if #2 could do that well or not be a sharp decline, then that should warrant Marvel's attention for keeping the series going. Some fans don't even realize the book was released in print yet, as many articles mistakenly said it was a "digital-only" release, so I hope as they discover that, the numbers will increase or at very least hold steady.
    Well, if DC can have a Batman '66 series, then Marvel can sure as hell have a X-Men '92 series.

  14. #74
    Incredible Member FlawedCoil82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Troy, Ohio
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Well, if DC can have a Batman '66 series, then Marvel can sure as hell have a X-Men '92 series.
    That's the way I feel. "Batman '66" has been pretty successful for DC and I really think Marvel would be making a mistake by not continuing to include the "nostalgic crowd" in their own marketing. I'm hoping since "X-Men '92" #4 releases on September 30th, that #5 may not come out until November 4th (IF, God willing there is a #5 coming).
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

  15. #75
    Mighty Member ian0delond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Western Latveria
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I do understand that sales have a lot to do with it. But "X-Men '92" #1 sold over 97,600 copies, which to my understanding is pretty good. So I would think/hope that if #2 could do that well or not be a sharp decline, then that should warrant Marvel's attention for keeping the series going. Some fans don't even realize the book was released in print yet, as many articles mistakenly said it was a "digital-only" release, so I hope as they discover that, the numbers will increase or at very least hold steady.
    Even a sharp decline in stores ordering would not be a significant indicator because it is a digital first comics. Such decline might not be lower sales but people just switching medium.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •