Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Even a sharp decline in stores ordering would not be a significant indicator because it is a digital first comics. Such decline might not be lower sales but people just switching medium.
    That's a good point too! I wish we could see the sales numbers for digital comics. I suspect print copies still sell better, but that is purely my assumptions.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Already a Long List of some Good Titles and some GREAT Ones!

What I will be getting:

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #1 & 2
    SECRET WARS #8 (OF 8)
    MARVEL ZOMBIES #4
    THORS #4
    HOUSE OF M #4
    HAIL HYDRA #4
    SQUADRON SINISTER #4
    GROOT #5
    ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT MARVEL POINT ONE #1
    AVENGERS #0
    ANGELA: QUEEN OF HEL #1
    BLADE #1
    CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS #1
    DOCTOR STRANGE #1
    EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #1 & 2
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1
    HOWLING COMMANDOS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. #1
    KARNAK #1
    NEW AVENGERS #1 & 2
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: SAM WILSON #1 & 2
    SPIDER-GWEN #1
    THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #1
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #1
    UNCANNY INHUMANS #1

My list might change as time goes on, but as of Now this is it.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

SECRET WARS #8 (OF 8)
    MARVEL ZOMBIES #4
    SIEGE #4
    INFINITY GAUNTLET #5
    AGE OF APOCALYPSE #5
    CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS #1
    EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #1 & 2
    WHAT IF? INFINITY – AVENGERS #1
    SPIDER-MAN 2099 #1 & 2

Wondering where Uncanny #600 is... but oddly not really caring anymore since there will be far better X-books available.
    Last edited by nx01a; 07-14-2015 at 07:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Hey look, THANOS is here! That's always a good sign! Just kidding, of course, that's terrible news and everything is darkness.
    I want to hug you, solicitation-writer. You write good humor and make me laugh with words!

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Especially if Marvel keeps double shipping their books. Amazing Spider-Man is $6 for issue 1 and $4 for issue 2 in the same month. I want to read Marvel, but I just don't know if I can afford it. Image and Valiant come first.
    Yeah. I get that they're double-sized issues but the inflated price is starting to piss me off just cuz many of the books that I wanna check out in October have these over-priced first issues! >.<;

Quote Originally Posted by dogwelder View Post
    Only one non kiddy title is $2.99--Ms. Marvel.
    Marvel is choking its fans.
    I hope they wake up and realize Ms Marvel is probably so popular cuz it's not only well-written but also well priced.

spider-man has gone global! Parker industries is more successful than ever, with offices in new york, shanghai, london and san francisco and peter parker is racking up the frequent flyer miles with his “bodyguard” spider-man in tow, of course. But success breeds enemies and a reinvigorated zodiac have also widened their scope to threaten the whole world. Join dan slott and giuseppe camuncoli as they take spider-man to the next level! This huge first issue also includes stories featuring silk, spidey 2099, spider-woman and much more!
    peter parker is a business science-man and spider-man is his "bodyguard" – if they give him a mustache and a heart condition, i may have to ask the supreme court to let me marry marvel comics!!!

BANNED

Very good prices.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Must reads:

Secret Wars #8- Can't wait!
    Siege #4
    Thors #4
    Karnak #1
    New Avengers #1-2- Still am kind of iffy about the team, but I really liked Sunspot's role in New Avengers and the presence of the Maker makes this a must read.

Maybes:

1872 #4
    Civil War #5
    Age of Apocalypse #5
    Avengers #0
    House of M #4
    The What Ifs?
    Dr. Strange #1
    Spider-Gwen #1
    SPIDER-MAN 2099 #1 & 2

won't read unless there are great reviews and/or word of mouth:

Contest of Champions #1
    Invincible Iron Man #1 and #2
    All-New, All-Different Marvel Point One #1
    Extraordinary X-Men #1 & 2

SILVER SURFER EPIC COLLECTION: FREEDOM TPB
    MOON KNIGHT EPIC COLLECTION: SHADOWS OF THE MOON TPB
    THANOS: COSMIC POWERS TPB
    THE UNCANNY X-MEN OMNIBUS VOL. 3
    THE SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS HC
    DAREDEVIL BY MARK WAID VOL. 4 HC

Woof. I haven't bought a lot of collected editions. Hasn't been much that has appealed but holy crap, there's a lot this month. I wouldn't even try SFoFM since I have the first two trades but that's a great price to finish it. And those Silver Surfer issues are in a pile that I want to bind and I'd rather just buy the epics. This is great.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

SECRET WARS #8 (OF 8) (Will either Spidey get a new suit this time?)
    THE ASTONISHING ANT-MAN #1 (He's astonishing this time? At least it's a throwback to the days when most every Marvel character has a cool adjective)
    DOCTOR STRANGE #1 (At some point in time, Steve deserves a double 0 issue. If Shulkie and Carol can get them, a guy who's been to both 81 and 90 is separate series deserves one, even in this day and age)
    KARNAK #1 (It'll hopefully be smart and funky. It's a gamble, but it gets a shot)
    THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #1 (I love this book, but the $3.99 is rather unpleasant)
    MIRACLEMAN BY GAIMAN AND BUCKINGHAM #3 (Neil, are the new issues being written? If this gets to issue 8 and stalls, I will be unhappy)
    NEW AVENGERS #1 & 2 (yeah, Doreen vs Reed lite. The first issue needs to impress me in order for me to give a *$& about bothering with the second ish)

And is Marvel coming out with Hickman's SHIELD? ever?

Skottie young is doing a series at Image, so we can imagine he is down at Marvel, artwise, anyway.

Unless he can do 2 books a month?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    So i guess that Uncanny X-men #600 will be in November.
    Nope its in October they are just not ready soliciting it. Confirmed by bendis
    X-Men Forever

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

My October pull:
    Uncanny X-men #600
    Extraordinary X-men #1-2
    Amazing Spider-Man #1-2
    Captain America: Sam Wilson #1-2
    Blade #1
    Uncanny Inhumans #1
    Uncanny Avengers #1
    Age of Apocalypse #5
    House of M #4
    X-Men Forever

All-New Member

Well I am intrigued by some of these new books and may finally add some Marvel to my pull list. I'm probably starting with the following to play it safe:

All New, All Different Marvel Point One #1
    Avengers #0

It seems from the feedback I've seen to these solicitations that the price of Marvel books are going up a bit so I definitely need to vet these books out before investing. I may check out Invincible Iron Man if the reviews are good. I'll definitely be checking out Carnage when it (hopefully) drops in November.