Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Batman & Robin Eternal," "JL: Gods and Men" Lead DC Comics' October 2015 Solicitations

"Convergence" returns in three new series, Superman's "Truth" fallout echoes across the DCU and much more!

Full article here.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

The only DC comic issue I will definitely be buying this October will be Batman and Robin Eternal #1. I haven't read Batman, Detective Comics, or Batman Eternal though, so I'm not sure if it'll be easy or hard to follow the story. If I like the first issue of Batman and Robin Eternal, then I'll buy the rest of the issues that come out in October too.

I might buy Superman: Lois & Clark #1 and Titans Hunt #1, but I haven't read the main Convergence event besides the two issue Convergence: Superman, nor read any of the Teen Titans comics that Titans Hunt seems to be a continuation of. I think I'll wait for them to be released in trades.

Superman Adventures Vol. 1 TP looks good, I'll have to look into getting that at Barnes & Noble sometime after it comes out.

I'm liking the cover on Gotham Academy #11. It's nice to see Maps wearing the Robin mask, since I felt that was only a matter of time. Olive looks like she's on the verge of becoming a young villain though, especially her eyes. Not sure how I feel about that yet. I ordered Gotham Academy Volume 1 online a couple days ago, and will be waiting for Volume 2 to be collected in trade as well.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Lots of cool stuff:

Batman and Robin Eternal #1-4
    Justice League #45
    Aquaman #45
    Black Canary #5
    Constantine: the Hellblazer #5
    Cyborg #4
    The Flash #45
    Green Arrow #45
    Martian Manhunter #5
    The Omega Men #5
    Prez #5
    All-Star Section Eight #5
    Wonder Woman #45
    Action Comics #45
    Superman #45
    Batman #45
    Batgirl #45
    Catwoman #45
    Detective Comics #45 (I hope Manapul/Buccellato aren't gone for good)
    Gotham Academy #11
    Gotham by Midnight #10
    Grayson #13
    We are Robin #5
    Green Lantern #45
    Survivor's Club #1
    American Vampire: Second Cycle #11

-Justice League #45: Manapul on art? Yes, Please!
    -Action Comics #45
    -Batman/Superman #25
    -Sinestro #16:
    Black Adam? Aw, yeah!

Will probably grab the "Justice League: Gods and Men" one-shots out of the dollar bins at local shows. Nothing about them is really jumping out at me.

Tomasi on Detective is a good fit. Hope he's on for the long haul.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Black Canary #5
    Catwoman #45
    Cyborg #4
    Dr Fate #5
    Doomed #5
    Earth 2 Society #5
    Gotham By Midnight #10
    Justice League #45
    Martian Manhunter #5
    Midnighter #5
    Omega Men #5
    Prez #5
    Sinestro #16
    Starfire #5
    Superman #45
    Teen Titans #13
    Titans Hunt #1
    Sensation Comics #15
    Wonder Woman '77 Special #2
    Wonder Woman #45
    We Are Robin #5
    Survivors Club #1

So still no Suiciders, wonder when that will be back.

Quite a month for me from DC!
    Batman and Robin Eternal #1-#4
    Justice League: Gods and Men-Green Lantern #1
    Constantine: The Hellblazer #5
    Green Arrow #45
    Midnighter #5
    Red Hood/Arsenal #5
    Grayson #13
    Green Lantern #45
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Batman and Robin Eternal 1 - 4 - hopefully with only 26 or so issues this won't drag at times like Batman Eternal did.
    Batman 45
    Gotham Academy 11
    Gotham By Midnight 10 - I get a series ending soon vide from this solicit?
    Green Arrow 45

Myself is happy to hear about Batman and Robin Eternal, but my wallet sure isn't happy. Although this time under no circumstances will I be buying more then one weekly lol.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Not Getting Any Younger Kikaider's Avatar

Some brilliant ideas out there. Aquaman on an alien world, Bat-Mite trying to super-up the Inferior Five. I loved the first issue of Bizzaro so happy I signed on for that. King' seems very stingy with dialogue in Omega Men but I'll give Telos a look.

surprise surprise; Deathstroke and detective stay on my list, and justice league united makes it for the month.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kikaider View Post
    King' seems very stingy with dialogue in Omega Men but I'll give Telos a look.
    Different chaps - *Tom* King is Grayson/Omega Men/Everything Under The Sun All Of A Sudden, and *Jeff* King wrote 'Convergence' and is writing 'Telos'.

Mighty Member

I have been anticipating Sinestro and Black Adam teaming up again since Forever Evil. I'm so happy to see that solicit.

Tom King and Doc Shaner on the GL Gods & Men one shot is a beautiful combo.

Astonishing Member

My wallet is going to hurtttttttt. Quicker to list what I'm NOT getting/reading.

Not getting:
    Non-mainstream DCU jams for the most part excepting probably Batman '66, Telos, Deathstroke, Hellblazer, Earth 2, JL 3001, Lobo, Suicide Squad, Prez (trade-waiting), Section Eight, Bizarro, Doomed, Batman Beyond, Bat-Mite.

Which means I'm totally getting or reading almost every Bat-Family, Super-Family, or Justice Leaguer book. Oi. I'm on the fence about Flash, though. I mean I love the Flash. And in spite of feeling a little burned sticking with it post-Forever Evil, and being a little underwhelmed lately even with big characters popping in, I just am not sure.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Bummed Prez is down to six issues. Boo!! There goes DC's supposed commitment that they promised with these new titles.
    Last edited by the green death; 07-14-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the green death View Post
    Bummed Prez is down to six issues. Boo!! There goes DC's supposed commitment that they promised with these new titles.
    First Effigy, now Prez? I think DC needs to stop soliciting their future comics as #1 of 12 from now on.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa