Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Default Biggest winners& losers of the post SW landscape (X-Men)

Seen a lot of mixed reviews of the new X-Books to follow the SW crossover event. We know who's going where just about. We know Magik and Colossus are, the Wolverine family is all over the place being represented in more than 3 X-Men books including two solos and just as many teams. Even the out of time teen X-Men have another book (though I see many thought or hoped they'd go home...). Even some of the X-Men most famous enemies are getting shine in the franchise flagship title, no less.

I guess being in a book doesn't necessarily mean its a great fit (art and writing wise) Finding a home in a book or lost in limbo, who are the X-Mens biggest losers of the new status quo to follow Marvel's "Biggest event ever"? Rogue, Bishop, Emma, Jubilee, Cyclops, Gambit, Magik, Beast, whoever. What's your view of who landed on top and who's no better off than they were before?

EDIT: Excuse the title. Should include "Winners" as well.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 07-14-2015 at 07:49 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Seen a lot of mixed reviews of the new X-Books to follow the SW crossover event. We know who's going where just about. We know Magik and Colossus are, the Wolverine family is all over the place being represented in more than 3 X-Men books including two solos and just as many teams. Even the out of time teen X-Men have another book (though I see many thought or hoped they'd go home...). Even some of the X-Men most famous enemies are getting shine in the franchise flagship title, no less.

But we're not talking about them, well maybe not. I guess being in a book doesn't necessarily mean its a great fit (art and writing wise) Finding a home in a book or lost in limbo, who are the X-Mens biggest losers of the new status quo to follow Marvel's "Biggest event ever"? Rogue, Bishop, Emma, Jubilee, Cyclops, Gambit, Magik, Beast, whoever. What's your view of who landed on top and who's no better off than they were before?
    "Reviews"?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    "Reviews"?
    A review is an evaluation of a publication, service, or company such as a movie, video game, musical composition, book; a piece of hardware like a car, home appliance, or computer; or an event...etc.

Perhaps I should say "reactions", so as to not confuse...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

A review is an evaluation of a publication, service, or company such as a movie, video game, musical composition, book; a piece of hardware like a car, home appliance, or computer; or an event...etc.

Perhaps I should say "reactions", so as to not confuse...
    Your original post indicates that there is subject matter enough to form an opinion.

I'm not confused on the meaning of "review".

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The entire line loses as long as Marvel is more interested in propping a bastardized version of the Inhumans than to tell good stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Your original post indicates that there is subject matter enough to form an opinion.

I'm not confused on the meaning of "review".
    ...nope didn't think you were confused by the meaning. I was hoping you wouldn't continue eluding that there isn't enough information out to make an assumption of have an opinion/reaction. On contrary, there is plenty of information, even some (even if a little) creator input and rosters. More than enough to know who's in and out, at least initially. Or perhaps you were just being picky about my word usage. But continue... It's mostly a free world.
    Guild Member

BANNED

All masterpieces.

BANNED

...nope didn't think you were confused by the meaning. I was hoping you wouldn't continue eluding that there isn't enough information out to make an assumption of have an opinion/reaction. On contrary, there is plenty of information, even some (even if a little) creator input and rosters. More than enough to know who's in and out, at least initially. Or perhaps you were just being picky about my word usage. But continue... It's mostly a free world.
    Well the line "We know who's going where just about." (underline mine) doesn't instill any confidence in me that anything someone would write up would be anywhere near accurate.

Interviews are mostly hype fluff (see: Bendis). Covers can be misleading, if not outright mis-representative of the contents inside. And solicits are hardly ever the whole story.

Sorry, just not much for me to go on right now.

I dunno if any X-Men character will come out on top. The focus is definitely now set to Cap A, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Cap Marvel, Scarlet Witch... I guess maybe Beast, Cyke, Storm and Jeen will still figure well. Rogue is gutted and pretty much done. By this point Rogue is a D-Lister/Cult status. I dunno, nothing after SW sounds any good.

All-New Member

I hope the New Xavier students from Uncanny stick around.

Well I am assuming that you mean which characters got the "bad deal" from post SW event. In that case I would say from what we know at this point in time...
    The characters that haven't been mentioned
    Rachel, Cable, Dani, then there is the x-kids that get mistreated or put as wall paper. From those who have an actual appearance Rogue is just depressing. It don't know whether or not she is fortunate that she didn't end up like Hippie Angel although then again... he did erase years of characterizations and character development. I wonder how Carey feels about this. :/
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Going by what we know so far? Everyone except about a dozen characters. I hope the story planning is being a lot more carefully handled than the solits and post-SW hints seem to suggest, because "Something realllly dramatic and terrible happened during this 8 month gap, but we won't bother letting you see that story" is almost as unappealing as "So we're just going to go back to the post-Decimation 'mutants are an endangered species' status quo, k?"

Well, im pretty sure that the X-characters that arent in any book are in a coma thanks to the terrigen mist.

Even the out of time teen X-Men have another book (though I see many thought or hoped they'd go home...).
    If there was a book with Nate Grey, Nate Summers, Rachel Summers and Bishop? Man I'd buy that book in an instant. They are the out of time X-men, the kids are just not wanted by me.

EDIT: throw is some Archer and Fixx and all is good.
    Last edited by The Fury; 07-15-2015 at 05:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Sunspot gets better of, as he will be the leading a team of Avengers after SW.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================