Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

The biggest losers are the CompleX nutters who think that cover art, rumors and hearsay are valid sources of what the X-Line is all about. Wait for a couple of issues to come out before making such determined statements. So presumptive. How many of you have said that Marvel doesn't care about the X-Men and yet how many X-related books are there in Secret Wars? How many mutants are key characters in other books that are not solicited as X-books? A lot more than you all presumed. And, now that the X-men are still on earth and have quality creative teams on several books so far announced with more to come... you still presume that the X-line is doomed, Marvel doesn't care, we're all going to miss out on our favorite characters, blah, blah, blah. Doesn't it get old and tiring to keep up the negative, unreal, one-sided, unsubstantiated paranoia you all have about the future and present representation of the X-Men line? Ugh, I sure am! The only people losing are those with a closed mindset.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I guess being in a book doesn't necessarily mean its a great fit (art and writing wise) Finding a home in a book or lost in limbo, who are the X-Mens biggest losers of the new status quo to follow Marvel's "Biggest event ever"? Rogue, Bishop, Emma, Jubilee, Cyclops, Gambit, Magik, Beast, whoever. What's your view of who landed on top and who's no better off than they were before?

EDIT: Excuse the title. Should include "Winners" as well.
    Well the only books from Marvel that I read are X-books, and yea I'm not really excited about any of the books announced so far, but I still think better things are coming down the line. Because I don't know what Marvel's plan are, I'm just going to happily imagine that maybe they're going to put a book together with the missing cast. Cyclops, Emma, Beast, maybe Ruby, Gambit and who knows.

Forget the Brotherhood. Not militant enough. I'd love to see him heading up a revamped version of MLF (no not Milf young ones...) Mutant Liberation Front.

I agree that Bishop may be staying on the losing side. At least for now. It'll be even more liekly if these new status quo books actually sell well.
    Still waiting for that Freedom Force come back. Also waiting for those other missing covers before I react to anything.

Forget the Brotherhood. Not militant enough. I'd love to see him heading up a revamped version of MLF (no not Milf young ones...) Mutant Liberation Front.

I agree that Bishop may be staying on the losing side. At least for now. It'll be even more liekly if these new status quo books actually sell well.
    I had to read this twice to even get what you were talking about. Not sure if MLF carries the same sort of clout it once did.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Yessssssss. The question, though, is whether or not he'd re-recruit those losers Wildside and Forearm.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    Yessssssss. The question, though, is whether or not he'd re-recruit those losers Wildside and Forearm.
    I hope he wouldn't... I think there are enough b listers out there to make a solid book.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    The biggest losers are the CompleX nutters who think that cover art, rumors and hearsay are valid sources of what the X-Line is all about. Wait for a couple of issues to come out before making such determined statements. So presumptive. How many of you have said that Marvel doesn't care about the X-Men and yet how many X-related books are there in Secret Wars? How many mutants are key characters in other books that are not solicited as X-books? A lot more than you all presumed. And, now that the X-men are still on earth and have quality creative teams on several books so far announced with more to come... you still presume that the X-line is doomed, Marvel doesn't care, we're all going to miss out on our favorite characters, blah, blah, blah. Doesn't it get old and tiring to keep up the negative, unreal, one-sided, unsubstantiated paranoia you all have about the future and present representation of the X-Men line? Ugh, I sure am! The only people losing are those with a closed mindset.
    Not sure if you're ranting about the title or a post but I'll respond as the main poster with first: LOL

Now that that's out of the way... Again the title should have had "winners" as well as "losers" because there are two sides. Not sure why you think the first issues of status quo book, especially a team book isn't enough to at least show the readers who the main focus's will be. From past experience, they aren't too far with the exception of one XXM cover that never really happened (the members wearing New X-Men uniforms, the leather jacket phase) and Carey's Gambit/Rogue/Magneto covers at the end of his run. I think Gambit had like 5 lines total between both issues...

But getting back... When there's a change in the status quo, there will be focus changes and undoubtedly some characters will benefit from it, others not so much. For instance, after "Revolution" some months later when the X-Men editors switched focus, X-Man died, X-Force disappeared and I believe Generation-X got cancelled. A lot of good and bad came from that depending on when your favorite characters were. There's good and bad in everything. You might like what's on the horizon, someone might not. There's no complex here, just opinions. Let's not be obnoxious fanboys and fly the flag in the faces of someone whom may have a different outlook.

And besides... Barring something significant happening in First few issues, the only book with room to add another focus or two is Uncanny X-Men. There others are plenty full. Maybe we'll see some minor support from canon fodder X-Men students somewhere. But I don't foresee a substantial change anytime soon. These are new writers that will want to tell their own stories. While I'm sure we'll see features, I doubt they'll be a big change soon.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 07-16-2015 at 06:32 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    And, now that the X-men are still on earth and have quality creative teams[...]
    ????????????????????????????????????????????

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NerdintheBay View Post
    Still waiting for that Freedom Force come back. Also waiting for those other missing covers before I react to anything.
    Given his law enforcement background, I think Bishop would work well on a government-sponsored team like Freedom Force/X-Factor (PAD's first version, that is).

In fact, FF could work as a mutant version of the Suicide Squad. They could still do good work while still clashing with the other X-teams.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Given his law enforcement background, I think Bishop would work well on a government-sponsored team like Freedom Force/X-Factor (PAD's first version, that is).

In fact, FF could work as a mutant version of the Suicide Squad. They could still do good work while still clashing with the other X-teams.
    I'd prefer if they went by X-Factor, though. "Freedom Force" sounded silly even in the '80s, especially when its teammates consisted of vicious sons'a'guns like Pyro and Blob, not to mention the decidedly unfriendly-looking Mystique.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

So far, Cyclops and Emma are on the losing side of the ledger - from leading the main books for years to being taken out of X-books entirely so far.

Magik looks to be a big winner from the NXS, as it looks like she'll continue to be a star after SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Sunspot gets better of, as he will be the leading a team of Avengers after SW.
    If Sunspot is leading this scientific think tank and there's a problem with the Inhumans' terror cloud impacting mutants, shouldn't finding a solution be the focus of his book? Is he just turning a blind eye to what's happening with mutants? Will they even acknowledge it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    I'd prefer if they went by X-Factor, though. "Freedom Force" sounded silly even in the '80s, especially when its teammates consisted of vicious sons'a'guns like Pyro and Blob, not to mention the decidedly unfriendly-looking Mystique.
    I now wonder if that was the point of the group calling itself Freedom Force.....a super corny name for a bunch of criminals & terrorists.

You are right, the name X-Factor works best.

seeing as there is only 25 mutants confirmed even alive after secret war and all the x-men books are now going to be about inhuman drama, i fail to see how x-men are "winners" after the summer.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    seeing as there is only 25 mutants confirmed even alive after secret war and all the x-men books are now going to be about inhuman drama, i fail to see how x-men are "winners" after the summer.

Why not wait to read the books first and truly find out what is happening in the story before deciding on if the are X-men winners and losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    Why not wait to read the books first and truly find out what is happening in the story before deciding on if the are X-men winners and losers.
    Im pretty sure that the books are simply going to tell us if the rest were killed or just put in a coma by the terrigen mist.