Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Given his law enforcement background, I think Bishop would work well on a government-sponsored team like Freedom Force/X-Factor (PAD's first version, that is).

In fact, FF could work as a mutant version of the Suicide Squad. They could still do good work while still clashing with the other X-teams.
    I always wanted to see a Suicide Squad version of a X-team. Xstatics was sorta close. This new Uncanny book seems close to what i think would be a SS X-men mash up. It would be interesting if Bishop worked with them or as a counter view point of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Im pretty sure that the books are simply going to tell us if the rest were killed or just put in a coma by the terrigen mist.
    That's not the only 2 options. You forgot a far worse one: Maybe the mist transform mutants into... Avengers! (argl, no, not that!) (They experimented on Rogue first)

Quote Originally Posted by Superhoodie View Post
    I hope the New Xavier students from Uncanny stick around.
    I'm in the same situation.

Soule: Absolutely. Mutants, Inhumans and how they feel about each other will be a big part of the "Uncanny Inhumans" story going forward. I wouldn't even say they're pals, to be honest. On the other hand, Beast is hanging out in New Attilan now -- so how bad could things be? Answer: plenty bad, but you'll have to wait to find out the whys and wherefores.

I did not like marvel have connected the book of X-mens to Inhumans but I have to admit it was a a stroke of genius.It will not take long to announce IvX hehe.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Beast is totally helping the Inhumans find a cure for the "missing" mutants, lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    I dunno if any X-Men character will come out on top. The focus is definitely now set to Cap A, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Cap Marvel, Scarlet Witch... I guess maybe Beast, Cyke, Storm and Jeen will still figure well. Rogue is gutted and pretty much done. By this point Rogue is a D-Lister/Cult status. I dunno, nothing after SW sounds any good.
    Agree with you there Jen - to put Rogue permanently in the Avengers has destroyed her character. I would have picked up Extraordinary if she'd been in it but instead we get the awful Magik.
    And they could have had Rachel instead of Jeen.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Well, Rachel lost out hard because Tean exists.
    It's true. Only one Jean Grey stand-in at a time as far as Marvel is concerned. Hope comes along, goodbye rachel, Tean comes along, goodbye hope (and rachel).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    Why not wait to read the books first and truly find out what is happening in the story before deciding on if the are X-men winners and losers.
    Because that's not how marketing and sales work? People always say 'you should read/watch/play it first' when the entire point of companies putting out this stuff is to sell us the damn product. It's not our job to 'withhold judgement.' It's their job to get us to look at these things and want to give them our money. Dear God.

That said, I actually am fairly intrigued by the Storm book and in principle by the All-New book (I wish they would go home, but until they do it seems like that might be my only source for Scott, Angel, Laura, etc) though I don't like the Magneto Brotherhood team. Trying too hard to be edgy and I'm sick of X-men villain teams. It's in no way original for the X-men to have a team made up mostly of villains, it's basically just Tuesday. And the plot is ALWAYS about how they can't keep it together, they betray each other, and it falls apart. If they want to be even remotely original, then go the old Thunderbolts route and have it be about how these characters are ACTUALLY trying to turn the page and redeem themselves. It won't be though. Just one more 'villains make crappy heroes, who knew' team book. Plus it's Land so eww.
    Last edited by KaleRylan; 07-17-2015 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    I'd prefer if they went by X-Factor, though. "Freedom Force" sounded silly even in the '80s, especially when its teammates consisted of vicious sons'a'guns like Pyro and Blob, not to mention the decidedly unfriendly-looking Mystique.
    Shut up tho...When's Freedom Force? #Kappa

Incredible Member

I'm reading all your comments in my head.....as whispers. It's weird, It took me a while to notice that I was doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    The biggest losers are the CompleX nutters who think that cover art, rumors and hearsay are valid sources of what the X-Line is all about
    That's me!

To help out the conversation, here's a list of all the mutants and X-characters I could think of that we know will be featured in ANAD titles:
    - Old Man Logan (Old Man Logan / Extraordinary X-Men)
    - X-23, now Wolverine (All-New Wolverine / All-New X-Men)
    - Deadpool (Deadpool / Uncanny Avengers / Spider-Man/Deadpool)*
    - Storm (Extraordinary X-Men)
    - Nightcrawler (Extraordinary X-Men)
    - Colossus (Extraordinary X-Men)
    - Magik (Extraordinary X-Men)
    - Jean Grey (Extraordinary X-Men)
    - Iceman, older (Extraordinary X-Men)
    - Angel, teenage (All-New X-Men)
    - Cyclops, teenage (All-New X-Men)
    - Beast, teenage (All-New X-Men)
    - Iceman, teenage (All-New X-Men)
    - Magneto (Uncanny X-Men)
    - Sabretooth (Uncanny X-Men)
    - Mystique (Uncanny X-Men)
    - Psylocke (Uncanny X-Men)
    - Fantomex (Uncanny X-Men)
    - Scarlet Witch (Scarlet Witch)
    - Beast, older (Uncanny Inhumans)
    - Rogue (Uncanny Avengers)
    - Quicksilver (Uncanny Avengers)
    - Sunspot (New Avengers)
    - Wiccan (New Avengers)
    - Squirrel Girl (New Avengers / Unbeatable Squirrel Girl)
    - Dazzler (A-Force)
    - Jubilee (A-Force)
    - Kitty Pryde (Guardians of the Galaxy)

Hope this helps, let me know if I left anyone off!

* I enjoy Deadpool from time to time, but why he needs to be in three ongoing titles I will never ever understand.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    That was my thought as soon as I found out "X-Men '92" was a thing.
    Too bad X-Men 92 is a parody at best.

I don't see the missing mutants as the losers yet like Scott and Emma because we were told something happened and many are missing. From Lemire's interviews I got the impression the fact they are missing is the major plot so I don't expect them to be missing more than a few months.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
    It's true. Only one Jean Grey stand-in at a time as far as Marvel is concerned. Hope comes along, goodbye rachel, Tean comes along, goodbye hope (and rachel).
    Well, Rachel, Hope and Tean all got some love, especially Rachel, before Secret Wars.

After they seem to have cut down to just Tean.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I don't see the missing mutants as the losers yet like Scott and Emma because we were told something happened and many are missing. From Lemire's interviews I got the impression the fact they are missing is the major plot so I don't expect them to be missing more than a few months.
    Yes, they're missing... It's called Limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Yeah, that's when we find their corpses, so they are no longer missing.