Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Marvel's infighting with fox feels like getting slapped in the face with cash..

just posted something on marvel boards.. and the topic is the reaction..
    Why don't they feel dirty?

-xmen feels..
    Wanda: Self-described soldiers adorned with an "X" with no dedication to what it stands for..

X-MAN: There is no measure.. to the level of sacrifice to what it stood for.. for sure as hell it's not an "A".

Im confused.

BANNED

*Dirty Cash I want you Dirty Cash I need you so*

Spectacular Member

pssh thread gone again.. anyway.. my stellar idea goes like this

1.) Marvel/Disney sells the movie and comic rights of Avengers to FOX

2.) FOX sells xmen movie rights to disney

3.) Marvel then proceeds to kill some Avenger A-listers and slowly turn them to unhumans

4.) Change Avengers origins like steve rogers dad is actually tony or steve and black widow (married) find out that they actually are siblings..

5.) No more Avenger merchandise

6.) Trolls how much they make in the movies and proceeds to money slappage..

I can only dream thats my level of spitefullness..

this is the real deal..

http://www.dorkly.com/post/69649/8-i...-marvel-movies

come on mods.. let me post a little truth.. not like its an outright lie..
    Last edited by Bootsie; 07-15-2015 at 08:38 PM.
    Wanda: Self-described soldiers adorned with an "X" with no dedication to what it stands for..

X-MAN: There is no measure.. to the level of sacrifice to what it stood for.. for sure as hell it's not an "A".

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post

1.) Marvel/Disney sells the movie and comic rights to FOX

2.) FOX sells movie rights to disney

3.) Marvel then proceeds to kill some Avenger A-listers and slowly turn them to unhumans

4.) Change Avengers origins like steve rogers dad is actually tony or steve and black widow (married) find out that they actually are siblings..

this is the real deal..

Well, that's why we have the Complex thread.

Spectacular Member

I can empathize now to what its like for an x-writer.. Its like your stepping on landmines.. where are the good stories?

on the avengers side its unicorns, sunshines and rainbows..

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post

1.) Marvel/Disney sells the movie and comic rights to FOX

2.) FOX sells movie rights to disney

this is the real deal..

Fox cannot be trusted with more X-Men rights as they butchered them already with the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Fox cannot be trusted with more X-Men rights as they butchered them already with the movies.
    Contarry to that, I believe Fox should have every rigth about the X-men from comic to movie to merch etc. Marvel should be the better studio and give Fox all the right to Fox so Fox can expand their X-men universe. It would be a great day for all X-men fans if that happen.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

You're right. This sort of infighting is a slap in the face for the fans because it comes off as petty. It's just a bunch of rich companies and their lawyers arguing about who gets richer while fans suffer. While I don't believe we know the full story, I do suspect that it has had a greater impact than Fox or Marvel is willing to admit. I think it's because of this infighting that we didn't get a second season of Wolverine and the X-men. Instead, we got three horrible cartoons that are so goofy, so immature, and so poorly developed that even kids know it's dumb on some levels. And it also is somewhat telling that the Inhumans in Agents of SHIELD are basically carrying themselves like mutants. They're constantly fighting against forces that hate and fear them. There are people in power who think they're too dangerous to leave free. That's basically the entire plot of 90 percent of every X-men story ever written. It's pretty frustrating.

That said, I think at some point, both sides have to realize that they lose more by fighting than they gain. The Spider-Man deal showed that it is possible to share in the wealth. And I think it's fairly clear that shortchanging the X-men in comics and cartoons isn't affecting Fox's box office numbers. X-men: Days of Futures Past was one of the top grossing movies last year, right up there with Captain America. I'm sure Fox would like more money and so would Marvel. In the end, I think that will be what brings them together because in the end, economics and greed will always win out.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    Contarry to that, I believe Fox should have every rigth about the X-men from comic to movie to merch etc. Marvel should be the better studio and give Fox all the right to Fox so Fox can expand their X-men universe. It would be a great day for all X-men fans if that happen.
    Honestly, I didn't like very much the films... the first one was ok... but the rest of the X-Men films I didn't like it very much... so no... I don't want FOX have also the comics!!!

And Fox has always been a shark about his rights, so much that they ask that teasers and trailers of their movies are removed from internet and many movies I cannot buy it in my country because they cannot sell Outside USA and Canada (I have to buy it in USA and ship it to my country)

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    Nah, they've proven that they don't understand the X-Men at all and have no idea nor care about anyone that isn't the 3 White Male characters they prefer.

They should have the Movie Rights stripped from them just based off how they mistreated Storm and Jean alone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    And Fox has always been a shark about his rights, so much that they ask that teasers and trailers of their movies are removed from internet
    This is just standard business. Disney sent the FBI after the guy who leaked the Age of Ultron trailer early.

Nah, they've proven that they don't understand the X-Men at all and have no idea nor care about anyone that isn't the 3 White Male characters they prefer.

They should have the Movie Rights stripped from them just based off how they mistreated Storm and Jean alone.
    Well, I'm sure what you mean by mistreated is that they are not the exact copies of their comic counterpart. Because Jean and Storm have a very important and integral part of the first trilogy. Especially Jean, which is pretty much the main character besides Wolverine. And Storm also have a very good role in the story.

But I understand some fans want their favourite characters always be the center of the story- if the story is not about their favourite character they will not like it, I understand this sentiment. And I know some fans want their favourite characters always win in a fight- they want their favourite characters never lose to any other charatcers, I know this feeling too. But the quality of the movie is not based on that. Look, Nightcrawler is my favourite character, but because Nightcrawler in X-2 is not the exact copy of the comic I don't go around teling people that X-2 is a bad movie and that the studio is not fit to make it. Because all facts point to the contrary, X-2 is praised by critics and make a healthy profit on the box office. That proves that Fox know what they're doing. They know what the world want, not some small percentage of hardcore comic fans who frankly will always complain whatever the studio do.

So if Fox own the comics too, they would make the comics and the movie characters the exact copy of eachother, and you at last will be happy with the movies. Is that not a good thing? We will get the exact same copy of Jean and Storm in movies, comics, games, novels, theaters, news, animated series, tv series, internet memes, youtube videos, newspaper strips, etc and we all could be happy again.
    Last edited by veriaqa; 07-15-2015 at 07:12 AM.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

Extraordinary Member

I totally agree. X-Men has perhaps the best assortment of heroines in comics, and Fox has failed to capitalize on that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I totally agree. X-Men has perhaps the best assortment of heroines in comics, and Fox has failed to capitalize on that.
    Yeah, because Marvel has totally done better with their female heroes.