Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    Well, I'm sure what you mean by mistreated is that they are not the exact copies of their comic counterpart. Because Jean and Storm have a very important and integral part of the first trilogy. Especially Jean, which is pretty much the main character besides Wolverine. And Storm also have a very good role in the story.

But I understand some fans want their favourite characters always be the center of the story- if the story is not about their favourite character they will not like it, I understand this sentiment. And I know some fans want their favourite characters always win in a fight- they want their favourite characters never lose to any other charatcers, I know this feeling too. But the quality of the movie is not based on that. Look, Nightcrawler is my favourite character, but because Nightcrawler in X-2 is not the exact copy of the comic I don't go around teling people that X-2 is a bad movie and that the studio is not fit to make it. Because all facts point to the contrary, X-2 is praised by critics and make a healthy profit on the box office. That proves that Fox know what they're doing. They know what the world want, not some small percentage of hardcore comic fans who frankly will always complain whatever the studio do.

So if Fox own the comics too, they would make the comics and the movie characters the exact copy of eachother, and you at last will be happy with the movies. Is that not a good thing? We will get the exact same copy of Jean and Storm in movies, comics, games, novels, theaters, news, animated series, tv series, internet memes, youtube videos, newspaper strips, etc and we all could be happy again.
    Storm isn't while Jean was just a piece of meat for Wolverine to angst over while murdering her character.

The X-Movies were pretty much the Three White Dude Crew of Magneto, Xavier and Wolverine. No other X-Character mattered or was allowed to shine.

No, if Fox had the comics they would throw out all the old stories and make anew Universe where everyone is like the Movie version only more Wolverine obsessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yeah, because Marvel has totally done better with their female heroes.
    X-23 is the new Wolverine.

Kamala Khan is a hit.

They're giving Anya another shot.

Spider-Gwen is huge.

Storm is leading a team once more.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 07-15-2015 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Storm isn't while Jean was just a piece of meat for Wolverine to angst over while murdering her character.

The X-Movies were pretty much the Three White Dude Crew of Magneto, Xavier and Wolverine. No other X-Character mattered or was allowed to shine.

No, if Fox had the comics they would throw out all the old stories and make anew Universe where everyone is like the Movie version only more Wolverine obsessed.
    That's my point! If Fox owned the comics then the movie and comic characters will be the same exact copy, then everyone would be happy because everything is the same exact copy of everything. You can't complain that the movies mistreated any characters any more, because they the same exact copy! What can you complain about then? Right?
    Last edited by veriaqa; 07-15-2015 at 09:00 AM.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yeah, because Marvel has totally done better with their female heroes.
    You'll get no arguments from me in that regard. More should be done with gender representation on the movie front from Marvel. We are getting a Captain Marvel film.

However, part of what made CC such a legend was the development of the heroines in the comics. He was ahead of most writers, and that should have transferred to some extent on the silver screen. Just about every X-Men film/cartoon will have almost equal representation of males & females. You will always see Jean, Storm, Rogue, and even Kitty.

Fox had an easier pick of great heroines over Disney, and has yet to really maximize on that.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 07-15-2015 at 08:56 AM.

That's my point! If Fox owned the comics then the movie and comic characters will be the same exact copy, then everyone would be happy because everything is the same exact copy of everything. You can't complain that the movies mistreated any characters any more, because they the same exact copy! What can you complain about then?It would be very good for your health too, because I believe complaining too much over every small thing must not be good for your health.
    And Fox's versions of them are trash. They cannot be trusted with comics.

Yeah but if the comics and the movies are trash you have nothing to compare to. I say give the right to Fox and we can all be happy again.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

Yeah but if the comics and the movies are trash you have nothing to compare to. I say give the right to Fox and we can all be happy again.

So we'll all be happy when the movies and comics suck equally?

Well, some will be happy (the anti X-men gruop)

But, to tell the truth the amount of people who think the movies are good far outnumbered people who think the movies are bad. Far, far outnumbered. So, losing that small numbers of fans who think the movies are bad is not that overwhelming to Fox.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

I'll agree with that, in the corporate world $$$ is always far more important than product quality

We have Pre-Fox to compare to.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Not just the heroines but POC as well Fox has failed in. Thought I'd give that a mention since it rarely is.

Anyway, we have enough infighting in comics fandom where people actually hope potential books fail because of some innate caveman rivalry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    X-23 is the new Wolverine.

Kamala Khan is a hit.

They're giving Anya another shot.

Spider-Gwen is huge.

Storm is leading a team once more.
    That's books. I was talking movies.

BANNED

Fox in and Hollywood in general don't really care about pushing Females or pocs.

Only in rare cases like female lead HungerGames and etc happen.

BANNED

The Wolverine was a more female/poc friendly movie than the entire 11 movie MCU up to this point.

well Disney just announced their big new theme park in China... wouldnt it be great if the park ended up a Euro-Disney style fail and Disney suddenly needed an influx of cash fast? maybe theyd sell the X-men toy and animation rights to Fox or another interested party to make up losses...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I totally agree. X-Men has perhaps the best assortment of heroines in comics, and Fox has failed to capitalize on that.