Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yeah, I completely disagree with the whole "FOX hasn't done any of the women justice" position. Rogue was the POV character in X1, and Mystique has been a badass from the jump. Jean was extremely pivotal in X3, and in fact the story was mostly about her. First Class and DoFP were also very Mystique centric as she took on an importance that she never had in the books (which makes sense because A) J-Law and B) she's got a cool visual, despite not wearing any clothes).

I can understand the Storm fans' complaints and the Kitty fans (because of her not being the one to go back in DoFP like the comics), but not the rest. Well, okay, the one Rachel fan too. I can understand his/her beef as well, but I just don't think we'll see Rachel in these films. Too derivative of Jean.

And going forward now we have more focus on young Jean and Storm, plus a badass looking Psylocke and fun-loving Jubilee. Now ramp back the focus on Xavier, Magneto and Mystique (since Wolverine is already confirmed to be only a cameo/small part) to give them all time to shine, and this could be amazing. Also, do Cyclops justice. And make Archangel badass. All I ask.

Overall the fox X-men movies just haven't been good to me. I actually walked out in the middle of Days of Future Past. Putting aside the terrible rendition of Storm it just never felt like it was about the team for me. It was wolverine's movie starring the x-men, then it was Mystique featuring the X-men but it was never an X-men movie.

That is the one thing i like about Marvel team movies, it actually feels like a team and no team should feel more team-like than the X-men for me. These aren't just people brought together to save the world, these are people brought together so they can survive. I will give X-men Apocalypse a try though, I can never not see an X-men movie. It does look like it is going in the right direction on the team front.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post

Has the movie been released yet? Their track record so far was better than most... I guess... But nowhere near Claremazon Quality.

A bunch of publicity shots don't make the movie.

i mean not yet, but really what are you comparing her to? a redheaded monster with a hulk baby and some lunatic magic lady with a fake accent?

BANNED

i mean not yet, but really what are you comparing her to? a redheaded monster with a hulk baby and some lunatic magic lady with a fake accent?
    Don't forget the woman who was supposed to be the most dangerous in the galaxy but was turned in the most bland and moralising member of the team.

oh yes, i actually did forget.

BANNED

It's like arguing over pennies so far.

Extraordinary Member

I was referring to the films already released.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Overall the fox X-men movies just haven't been good to me. I actually walked out in the middle of Days of Future Past. Putting aside the terrible rendition of Storm it just never felt like it was about the team for me. It was wolverine's movie starring the x-men, then it was Mystique featuring the X-men but it was never an X-men movie.

That is the one thing i like about Marvel team movies, it actually feels like a team and no team should feel more team-like than the X-men for me. These aren't just people brought together to save the world, these are people brought together so they can survive. I will give X-men Apocalypse a try though, I can never not see an X-men movie. It does look like it is going in the right direction on the team front.
    I know how you feel.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Has the movie been released yet? Their track record so far was better than most... I guess... But nowhere near Claremazon Quality.

A bunch of publicity shots don't make the movie.
    Both Disney & WB would be put on notice if Fox unleashes the Claremazon Quality of their iconic heroines.

Niffleheim

Even thou i love villains I need Fox to get female heroines right. They shouldn't get any more rights on any more X-Men properties before that.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Lol at the notion that "Disney's X-Men" would be less of a sausage fest. Have you people read a flagship X-comic in the past 15 years? The only female that would have more than 3 lines would be Emma, and each of those lines would be "Cyclops has a plan."

I look forward to X-Men: (or should that be X-Women:?) Apocalypse.

Storm and Queen Jean are coming for that ass this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Both Disney & WB would be put on notice if Fox unleashes the Claremazon Quality of their iconic heroines.
    Wait for it.

BANNED

The comic book Guardians of the Galaxy had 4 women on the team, including two openly queer members, and Marvel Studios decided the talking raccoon and the Pokemon tree were safer bets than all of those.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    The comic book Guardians of the Galaxy had 4 women on the team, including two openly queer members, and Marvel Studios decided the talking raccoon and the Pokemon tree were safer bets than all of those.
    It's funny because he can only say his name. Like a Pokemon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shootthej View Post
    It's funny because he can only say his name. Like a Pokemon.
    He could talk regularly in the comics, but it's okay when Marvel Studios deviates from the source material.