Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Amazing Member

Who actually believes Disney would even sell anything to Fox?? If Fox was smart they would work out something for X Men and Deadpool. I think they would want to flood the market with toys.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shootthej View Post
    Lol at the notion that "Disney's X-Men" would be less of a sausage fest. Have you people read a flagship X-comic in the past 15 years? The only female that would have more than 3 lines would be Emma, and each of those lines would be "Cyclops has a plan."
    She would break up into a song about him!

Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    Contarry to that, I believe Fox should have every rigth about the X-men from comic to movie to merch etc. Marvel should be the better studio and give Fox all the right to Fox so Fox can expand their X-men universe. It would be a great day for all X-men fans if that happen.
    Craziest/stupidest thing I've ever read, no offense.

Quote Originally Posted by DayDreamer009 View Post
    Craziest/stupidest thing I've ever read, no offense.
    Not as crazy/stupid as people who believe that Fox should give the rights back to Marvel and by the way no offense taken
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    The comic book Guardians of the Galaxy had 4 women on the team, including two openly queer members, and Marvel Studios decided the talking raccoon and the Pokemon tree were safer bets than all of those.
    Rocket and Groot were original team members while Moondragon and Phyla didn't join until after Conquest(and Moondragon was an actual dragon for a good bit of the book's run until the Phyla/Martyr stuff started). And let's be real here, neither of those two were particularly good during DnA's Guardians run. I'd have rather gotten Mantis on the big screen than either of those two because she was great during that run.

Quote Originally Posted by khrisdrummond View Post
    Who actually believes Disney would even sell anything to Fox?? If Fox was smart they would work out something for X Men and Deadpool. I think they would want to flood the market with toys.
    I do believe that Disney need to give all the rights of X-men related thing to Fox because (besides Disney want the Star Wars distribution rights from Fox) Disney clearly have no idea how to use the rights. We got no X-toys, no X-animated series, no X-video games no anything at all from Disney. Disney don't know what to do with a gold mine under their feet. Give, yes not sell, that gold mine to Fox and I 100% sure that Fox will sprout everything from toys to tv series to merchandise to newspaper comic in no time.

I ask you all as X-men fans, "Is that what we all want? A plethora of anything X-men for us to enjoy?"
    Last edited by veriaqa; 07-15-2015 at 07:05 PM.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

Amazing Member

I do believe that Disney need to give all the rights of X-men related thing to Fox because (besides Disney want the Star Wars distribution rights from Fox) Disney clearly have no idea how to use the rights. We got no X-toys, no X-animated series, no X-video games no anything at all from Disney. Disney don't know what to do with a gold mine under their feet. Give, yes not sell, that gold mine to Fox and I 100% sure that Fox will sprout everything from toys to tv series to merchandise to newspaper comic in no time.

I ask you all as X-men fans, "Is that what we all want? A plethora of anything X-men for us to enjoy?"
    Just because you want something don't mean it will happen. There's no way Disney will sell anything to Fox. They been working for complete ownership. Why give up something that can make them billions

Just because you want something don't mean it will happen. There's no way Disney will sell anything to Fox. They been working for complete ownership. Why give up something that can make them billions
    Who say about sell, I say Disney should just give the rights to Fox. Disney have no clue what to do with rights, so it will be better for all party involved (Disney, Fox, Marvel, fans, the X-men themselves) if Disney do right thing and give the right to Fox as its rightful owner.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

Amazing Member

Who say about sell, I say Disney should just give the rights to Fox. Disney have no clue what to do with rights, so it will be better for all party involved (Disney, Fox, Marvel, fans, the X-men themselves) if Disney do right thing and give the right to Fox as its rightful owner.
    Yeah but you and I know Disney will never sell.Fans can want all day. No one is giving an IP worth over 2 billion. Marvel made that on Spiderman merchandise alone.

Yeah but you and I know Disney will never sell.Fans can want all day. No one is giving an IP worth over 2 billion. Marvel made that on Spiderman merchandise alone.
    Yep. So true.

But, still, people are keep spouting bs such as "give the right back to Marvel". I don't know maybe Marvel/Disney have special rules in this case as they have special rule in changing things from comic to movie...
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

I would love to see a Disney animated Princess feature with Storm, other than that i don't really know who would do a good job with them as i do feel the X-men work better in animated form.

But Storm being a disney princess with edge is at the top of my list. lol. A kenyan Princess who was a theif and finds out she controls the weather. Move over Frozen. lol

Yesterday, CBR posted an article about the strange rights situation that Universal has with Hulk. And it essentially reveals something very telling about Disney and something they've incorporated into Marvel. More than anything else, Disney seeks to control EVERY aspect of their properties. They don't like anyone else having their hands in the pot. If they can't control it, they don't bother. Not only will they not bother, they'll gladly sit on that property and let it devalue. Disney has the luxury of doing that because of the size and scope of the company. The only time when they can't do this is if the property is too valuable, such as Spider-Man. Like it or not (and Disney probably hates this), Spider-Man is the most profitable character in terms of merchandizing. Batman is the second and his value is not even half of Spider-Man's. But the X-men don't have that. The X-men have no leverage. Marvel was probably content to share the profits prior to Disney, but now Disney has had them adopt a new approach. Sharing profits and control just isn't an option and it's already affected other aspects of Marvel's business.

Just look at what happened with the cartoons Marvel used to make. They used to be broadcast on multiple networks. They had been on Fox, Kids WB, Nicktoons, and Cartoon Network (a Viacom company). Then after the purchase, this all stopped immediately. No more shows aired on any non-Disney networks. Instead, it was all Disney XD and all the cartoons took on a very goofy, immature, childish theme. Coincidence? I think not.

At this point, I feel as though nobody can win. Fox is not going to fork over those rights because they still make money. Disney isn't going to fork over the comic and animation rights. They'll gladly sit on it and hope for Fox to mess up the same way Sony did with Spider-Man. They can afford to be patient. They have time and money. Law of averages says at some point, Fox has to slip up and they tend to slip up with comic book movies more often than Disney (see Elektra). In the meantime, the fans are screwed. So unless someone can pull a legal miracle, I don't think things will get better for X-men for the next decade or so.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.