View Poll Results: Which Favorite Version of the Character?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre-Crisis (Shayera Hol)

62 62.63%
  • Hawkworld (Shayera Thal II)

28 28.28%
  • New 52 (Princess Shayera

9 9.09%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    The tail end of the ongoing Hawkworld series. They only lasted a handful of issues.
    Yup, then Zero Hour came in with its.....whatever it was trying to do....and Hawkman got another costume change, this time with (if memory serves me right) some Native American cliches thrown in.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yup, then Zero Hour came in with its.....whatever it was trying to do....and Hawkman got another costume change, this time with (if memory serves me right) some Native American cliches thrown in.
    It wasn't just a "costume change".

They physically MERGED/COMBINED Carter, Katar, AND Shiera!!!

Don't make me post those images AGAIN!!!

Zero Hour: Crisis in Time:

Sorry, DrNewGod.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Don't make me post those images AGAIN!!!

Zero Hour: Crisis in Time:

Sorry, DrNewGod.
    You serve those pages like a subpoena, Major.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    This is the version of Hawkgirl I like best the one from the old Justice League Animated series. The character was never more engaging than in those stories, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

JUSTICE LEAGUE #15
    written by JAMES TYNION IV and SCOTT SNYDER
    art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA, JIM CHEUNG and MARK MORALES
    cover by JIM CHEUNG
    variant cover by WILL CONRAD
    Hawk fight! Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern and Hawkgirl clash with Shayera Hol (also a Hawkgirl) when the League trio tries to break into a secret vault deep within Thanagar Prime—and the feathers are gonna fly! Speaking of secrets, M.M. learns one about himself and Lex Luthor, as related to him by the Martian Keep, guardian of all Martian wisdom and history. Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Justice, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman must stop Starman from going nova.
    ON SALE 01.09.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #16
    written by JAMES TYNION IV and SCOTT SNYDER
    art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA, JIM CHEUNG and MARK MORALES
    cover by JIM CHEUNG
    variant cover by WILL CONRAD
    It’s a mystery in space: Why would the Guardians of the Universe hide top-secret intel deep in the bowels of a secret vault on Thanagar Prime? That’s what Martian Manhunter, GL and Hawkgirl want to know! That’s not the only puzzler popping off either, as an ancient connection that bonds Kendra and Shayera Hol unlocks the secret of the map on Hawkgirl’s Dark Metal wings. Back on Earth, Starman and the Trinity look to create a wormhole that could transport them to Thanagar Prime. The only catch? It could vaporize them!
    ON SALE 01.23.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Shayera is coming back?!?

This makes me so happy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Don't make me post those images AGAIN!!
    I didn't need you to post them the first time!! lol

Seriously, Zero Hour makes no sense......and what they were trying to do with Hawkman was by far the worst aspect of that weird-ass story.

Which is why I never mentioned all of that when I said Hawkman got a new costume change.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Shayera is coming back?!?

This makes me so happy!!!
    Right??

I'm not sure where Snyder's going with this, and I'm always hesitant to have Shay (any version) and Kendra (any version) co-exist instead of being reincarnated versions of the same woman, but I've been loving JL so far and Snyder has earned some goodwill from me. So, either way I'm happy that Shay is returning (my favorite of the Hawks) and hopefully Snyder does her and the Hawk history justice.

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Right??

I'm not sure where Snyder's going with this, and I'm always hesitant to have Shay (any version) and Kendra (any version) co-exist instead of being reincarnated versions of the same woman, but I've been loving JL so far and Snyder has earned some goodwill from me. So, either way I'm happy that Shay is returning (my favorite of the Hawks) and hopefully Snyder does her and the Hawk history justice.
    I’m hoping Snyder might set things right by having Kendra and Shayera co-exist has Hawkgirl and Hawkwoman. Now that Kendra is being depicted as a WOC I think it’ll easier to showcase them as distinct characters.

In the past, I’ve been annoyed with Kendra typically getting the preferred treatment over Shayera, but she’s grown on me recently. Sometime soon, I might try to revamp this thread to celebrate all of Hawkwomen.