Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Baron Zemo Makes a Dangerous Offer in Hopeless' "Avengers Undercover"

Writer Dennis Hopeless tells CBR News about Baron Zemo's offer to the book's cast, and the return of an original Runaway and much more.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

Wow would you look at that another "shocking" resurrection. Marvel can't even keep their obscure characters dead at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Wow would you look at that another "shocking" resurrection. Marvel can't even keep their obscure characters dead at this point.
    Death hasn't meant anything at Marvel for ages now and the page counts at the Big Two are pathetic, so I'd rather them reuse characters with some development and a possible following already under their belts than spend page time establishing someone new to fill the same role.

I enjoyed Avengers Arena, and I'm still enjoying Undercover because Hopeless is doing a great job with this series. I already like the already existing characters and I have been enjoying the new characters, especially Anachronism and Death Locket. Overall I'm excited to see who will join the masters of evil and who won't, got a feeling it will be Cammi and Chase who don't join seeing as how Cammi is leaving and Chase is never mentioned once when talking about Nico and Alex.

By the way also excited to see Alex's return and to see what he does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    To be fair Alex is rare. He is the first teen since cypher to get rezzed and he is the first time I have seen a POC get rezzed in a while.

Also he should be rocking that sweet white suit not whatever the hell he is wearing there.
    Last edited by JaggedFel; 06-02-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Really loved the obnoxious Hot 97 ad that kicked in about five seconds after I opened the article and couldn't be turned off.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I enjoyed Avengers Arena, and I'm still enjoying Undercover because Hopeless is doing a great job with this series. I already like the already existing characters and I have been enjoying the new characters, especially Anachronism and Death Locket. Overall I'm excited to see who will join the masters of evil and who won't, got a feeling it will be Cammi and Chase who don't join seeing as how Cammi is leaving and Chase is never mentioned once when talking about Nico and Alex.

By the way also excited to see Alex's return and to see what he does.
    thing is, its always the ones you LEAST expect...

also the fact that, even if they do defect for realsies, Chase and Nico won't do anything so heinous* that it can't swiftly be undone should the runaways movie get the go-ahead (odds are that might be an issue towards ressurecting alex, or at least putting the option on the table for hopeless). i imagine zemo will re-tailor his pitch to cammi; so really i think all of them will genuinely go over; so its more of a question of who (As so often happens with teams led by zemo) goes back?

random thought, what are the odds that Skullslaught might recruit the Masters of Evil, and by extension our young anti-heroes; into his war in AXIS?

*although i imagine zemo is pragmatic enough to not keep anyone who goes into "dude!" territory around long

BANNED

Possible but unless they are fighting x-men teens. There is no real teen team going on the Avengers's side.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Possible but unless they are fighting x-men teens. There is no real teen team going on the Avengers's side.
    The Young Avengers are a possibility plus the remaining Avengers Academy kids. Although, seeing the Undercover kids fight the All-new X-men with X-23 being on the team would be an interesting crossover.

Astonishing Member

i imagine the young avengers, the FF kids now under SHIELD's care, the remaining academy kids, the young heroes that showed up to help the young avengers fight the alternates, the infinity hunt kids from the various other super-schools, inhuman kids etc might do

BANNED

True enough YA are around.

Also he should be rocking that sweet white suit not whatever the hell he is wearing there.
    It's the same outfit he was wearing on this cover minus the 1

BANNED

I am well aware thing is he got completely incinerated and the last thing we saw him wearing in whatever afterlife he was in was a nice white suit talking to the Gibborim

I am well aware thing is he got completely incinerated and the last thing we saw him wearing in whatever afterlife he was in was a nice white suit talking to the Gibborim
    First of all his skin and organs were incinerated as well. If magic can bring him back to life and undo the fact that his skin was burnt to a crisp, then it stands to reason that magic could remake his old clothes as well.

Second why would he be wearing what he wore in purgatory when he came back? If he was only a spirit that was being summoned maybe, but he seems to be flesh and blood. The white suit never physically existed on this plane of existence.

And finally the orange shirt wasn't even what he was wearing when he died. So Walker likely just chose the outfit on that cover in order to make Alex more immediately recognizable for people who read Runaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    So Walker likely just chose the outfit on that cover in order to make Alex more immediately recognizable for people who read Runaways.
    how could readers miss him he was the only Runaway that was....
    1. Non powered up
    2. A villain
    3. 1st to die
    4. Black

I for one am happy he's back. I liked Alex kinda disappointing his parents were gangsters and he didn't get any powers but I kept reading but after his death. I quit the title.

This gives me hope for synch and skin