Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

As far as the issue goes, it doesn't really bother me. I doubt they will ever put Joker's real id out there. It's just another twist to the Batman/Joker story. If they both know who each other really are, then that's that. All the cards are on the table. It's still Batman vs Joker. Same as always.

But this right here nails it...

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    The thing that makes the Joker a classic is that he represents to the ordinary citizens of Gotham (us) exactly what Batman represents to the criminals of Gotham. He is an unknown that can show up at any point and ruin whatever plans you made. He's an enigma that poses a real threat to your existance. Now who I'm talking about depends on if you're a law-abiding citizen or a criminal, but either way there is only one answer to who "He" is. Revealing Joker destroys that. It makes him just another Cobblepot or Zsasz.
    They're the exact same thing. And total opposites. At the same time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What is the Joker's true name? The Chair tells him. And its something that shocks Batman as he answers "No, it can't be..."
    Maybe it really is Joe Kerr?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    So in the latest Justice League, Batman takes control of the Mobius Chair after Diana takes it away from Metron. He asks it who killed his parents to see if its all-knowledgable as its supposed to be. It gives the correct answer. Batman then asks his next question: What is the Joker's true name? The Chair tells him. And its something that shocks Batman as he answers "No, it can't be...". So yeah, I don't know if this will ever be utilized in his main books, but he knows who the Joker is now. And its clearly an identity that is familiar to Bruce Wayne on some level. Enough for him to be shocked at the answer.
    This is just another reason why Johns should not be allowed to write Batman. I will happily ignore this, and pretend it didn't happen as the Batman books have writers that can actually write Batman. Johns should not be allowed to touch him, IMO.

Anyway, once Johns is done LITERALLY BAT-GODDING, all will be forgotten or ignored. Thank god (well, better Batman writers and Bat-editorial).

To take a random stab at who Johns would pick while in full hack mode; Joe Chill.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Maybe it really is Joe Kerr?
    Dammit, I change my answer to this. LOL!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Unfortunately, this makes "awesome" = "pointless". Über-fanboys may geek out over crap like this, but if it really means nothing and doesn't go anywhere beyond an off-hand mention that never is brought up again, some of us just don't care.
    Agreed, though I'd say "awesome" = "idiotic".

Actually, I don't see how a "fan-boy" could even like this (considering myself a Batman fan-boy. I have tattoos and everything). The Joker is the classic enigma to Batman. He HAS NO NAME. He could be absolutely anyone. That is one of the reasons he is such a great enemy. We KNOW Batman, we KNOW Bruce Wayne. The Joker... Could literelly be ANYONE, even his ethnicity is post crisis, in the original Red Hood issue you see no skin (okay, a write but is is completely uncoloured so unless he's albino...).

Said it before, say it again; Johns does not understand Batman and should not write Batman.
    Last edited by exile001; 08-22-2015 at 04:08 PM.