Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thanks for sharing that. Can you give book name, date and issue numbers? Do you know if there are multi parts or how long this story went on? Thanks.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

I found news of a rare appearance of Betty Kane in Wonder Woman #219 (Vol. 1). It states she was in her tennis garb.
    Wonder if this is true? I have some issues of this Wonder Woman storyline, but never finished collecting it. Now I really want
    to find these missing issues...LOL.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    I found news of a rare appearance of Betty Kane in Wonder Woman #219 (Vol. 1). It states she was in her tennis garb.
    Wonder if this is true? I have some issues of this Wonder Woman storyline, but never finished collecting it. Now I really want
    to find these missing issues...LOL.

Screenshot_20170430-030437.jpg

Doesn't seem like the same character, which is weird since they do both play tennis.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by ProgmanX View Post
    They actually went out of their way to say Phillip never had kids. So...???
    Current theory, after catching up with Grayson: Bette is the daughter of the later Nathan Kane from a prior marriage. Kathy, not wanting to be the "replacement mom", plays aunt instead. Or, even better, playing into her sibling rivalry, Nathan Kane was originally married to Kathy's sister Elisabeth, with whom he had Bette, before Kathy came into the picture, which would make her legitimately Bette's aunt, as well as her step-mother. I could totally see Frau Netz living vicariously through her daughter, pushing her to go in to sports and pageants and such, before pushing her out of the nest when it came time to ramp up the stuff with Spyral in an effort to keep her away from her grandfather Otto.

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that Bette's military enrollment might be leading to her being a Colony recruit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that Bette's military enrollment might be leading to her being a Colony recruit.
    It's not gonna happen. Bette would never be associated with this group for the same reason Kate wouldn't, so they'd have to take this former Batgirl, and warp her personality to make the story work.

Clearly that has never backfired at DC horribly in the past.

I wonder what Bette's role will be in the future? Is she still meant to be appearing in Batwoman at somepoint?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I wonder what Bette's role will be in the future? Is she still meant to be appearing in Batwoman at somepoint?
    I believe so. And very much hope so!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    Current theory, after catching up with Grayson: Bette is the daughter of the later Nathan Kane from a prior marriage. Kathy, not wanting to be the "replacement mom", plays aunt instead. Or, even better, playing into her sibling rivalry, Nathan Kane was originally married to Kathy's sister Elisabeth, with whom he had Bette, before Kathy came into the picture, which would make her legitimately Bette's aunt, as well as her step-mother. I could totally see Frau Netz living vicariously through her daughter, pushing her to go in to sports and pageants and such, before pushing her out of the nest when it came time to ramp up the stuff with Spyral in an effort to keep her away from her grandfather Otto.

That's not bad. My own theory says that Nathan was the eldest, with Martha and Phil and Jake after. My theory says that Phil and Jake are twins (like J's daughters, as it does run in families) and likewise, Phillip was *the gay one* as some science studies show this with some twins. But Phillip was expected to be married for the family biz. While he did that he chose not consummate and basically coerced Jake into doing it (with Jake using whatever means to deceive P's wife) and voila - Bette is actually Jake's daughter and also Kate's half-sister. Jake reacted to Bette's injuries with a grief that seemed stronger than an uncle. Other things like that.

While I could see Jake, covertly, trying to get Bette more on his side (and to have some influence over/with Kate) I also think Bette would only join the Colony as a spy, for Kate or Batman/whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

Doesn't seem like the same character, which is weird since they do both play tennis.
    This looks around the era of old Teen Titans (late '70s?) when Betty appeared there. So a mistake of some kind?

Extraordinary Member

Does anybody know a good modern redesign (official or fan creation) of Bettes costume as Bat-Girl?

The origin looks really dated, and would really look of if you would put it in s flashback in a modern comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

This looks around the era of old Teen Titans (late '70s?) when Betty appeared there. So a mistake of some kind?
    For anybody not familiar with what the tennis match in the comic book appeared to be based on, Billie Jean King had a "Battle of the Sexes" tennis match against Bobby Riggs in September of 1973 in the Houston Astrodome.

Thank You. Yep, this doesn't look to be our Betty.

MajorHoy seems to have solved and summed the scene up for us too. [High Five]

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    MajorHoy seems to have solved and summed the scene up for us too. [High Five]
    That's what happens when you have an "old guy" around.

For the record, Wonder Woman #219 was cover-dated August-September 1975.
    Bat-Girl's return in Teen Titans #50 was cover-dated October 1977.
    Bat-Girl's last "new" appearance prior to that appears to have been in 1964, with Barbara Gordon then introduced as "Batgirl" (no hyphen) in Detective Comics #359, which was cover-dated January 1967.
    (Old stories with the Betty Kane "Bat-Girl" did get reprinted every now and then in the 1970s prior to her return in Teen Titans.)

There are some if you google around, but they are just modern drawings of the old costume.

My guess would be to give her leggings, complimentary colors and possibly long sleeves.