Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

With the unexpected news that somehow, Batwoman is going to be brought into the CW, through their annual crossover of shows; Arrow, Flash, Legends and Supergirl, I wonder if

Bette may actually make it into the mix?

Several years ago there was speculation that the character of Bette would show up in 'Gotham' (which I never watch, way to over the top for me) but I think that would have been a mistake, given the miss-matched time-line of various characters.

I think Batwoman's descent into the CW should acknowledge that not only is she an established character, but has a real back-story ////// which I hope can include her cousin.

Let's face it, on occasion, the CW has tweaked various hints or Easter eggs before. A Bat team, two women would have the resonance of Bats and Robin (whichever versions)

and most fans would love!

A newer thread on Bat-girl, the original showed up and of course I remembered there was this one too, which ended up dipping down into page 7 or so the Batman threads. So I'm posting here to keep this one 'in sight'.

For those who may not know, a lot of Betty's silver age appearances are recounted, mentioned or shown. Likewise some of 'Bette' s as Flamebird are too.

If, as some posters on the newer thread have mentioned, we need to look forward and maybe (begrudgingly for me?) not bring up this previous version so much.

How to do that?

Well we could try fantasy casting Bette for her possible inclusion in the upcoming CW's Batwoman, but let us also consider other folks in KK's orbit and maybe throw some casting ideas out there too. Like Jacob, who has a rather iconic look, similar to Marvel's Norman Osborn in a way.

At any rate I'm helplessly lost in determining new, younger actors who may fit these roles.

So after a quick google, I'm liking the looks of Elle Fanning, who I have actually heard of, but not sure if I've ever seen her act. She is pretty young looking.

duplicate post!!!
    Last edited by Oberon; 08-10-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    With the unexpected news that somehow, Batwoman is going to be brought into the CW, through their annual crossover of shows; Arrow, Flash, Legends and Supergirl, I wonder if

Bette may actually make it into the mix?
    If she really gets her own show, I think there is a chance that Bette appears. All the CW show have now Super Hero Teams and since they will very likely not be able to use many of the bigger Batfamily members, and some some other characters unlikely since they already appeared in the Arrow verse, Bette seems a likely choice.
    Last edited by Aahz; 08-09-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Yes, the Batwoman show would be ensemble/team. These shows have maybe up to 5 or 6 regular characters as well as a number of recurring characters.

In Batwoman, there is a problem, because while "we" understand and would want her most likely cast or team would have Jacob and Bette, at least.

But the expectation of the general audience would possibly be to see more traditional Bat family members including Bruce. Since Supergirl did this with her cousin, the expectation that "Batwoman" eventually give us Bruce or someone closer to that world, will be strong.

Extraordinary Member

Superman is not really appearing much in Supergirl, if the handle Bruce like that, he wouldn't be a regular character.

Dick and Jason are in Titans, so they are very likely of the table.

Having Damian in the show wouldn't make much sense without Batman imo.

Huntress and Katana were already used in Arrow, and I don't know if they will bring them back.

That just leaves Tim, the other Batgirls, and other less know heros.

They could of course also bring in some charcters that have nothing to do with the Batman franchise like they did it in Arrow and Flash.

She'd be the best candidate, rather like how Kara has Alex in Supergirl.

Judging by the show's description though, I'd guess Bette wouldn't get to be Flamebird/Hawkfire for a while, so that Batwoman's origin and abilities can get established first. Like how in The Flash, his team members didn't get in on the action until after the first season, before that they were support roles and not on the field, from what I recall.

They always render an altered/somewhat version of the source and to be fair, Bette has had so many comic interpretations that there is a lot to cull from, twist, cut, etc.

So, yeah, we could have a twist or tweak on Betty's origin; discovering Batwoman's secret, and convincing her to train.

It would be a combination of the old Betty confronts Aunt Kathy the first Batwoman, and the modern where Bette reveals herself as a vigilante and says "I want in".

In my perfect world of how it should go, I would like to see them start with Batwoman, reveal, show us her Alfred, Jacob, and then once those dynamics are going well, introduce the cousin, who wants in.

Other characters would be a new version of Gordon or surrogate? Jacob's 2nd wife if so utilized would be more recurring and possibly less plot-important in most senses (she could end up as a hostage). If we're looking for other call-backs or tie-ins to Batman than a reporter like Vicki Vale could have a new version here.

We should mostly see the origin story, than the reveal of Alice/Beth should close out the season as a cliffhanger. So maybe the debut of Flamebird comes with the 2nd season as the DeuX Machina for that cliffhanger.

A short Bette fic I wrote:

Fighting for Approval
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Read and enjoyed. You capture her character well. I was pleased. Thanks.

Read and enjoyed. You capture her character well. I was pleased. Thanks.
    Thank you!

Here's another one, written in the style of an article in the Pointer View.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I'm going to read this later, but I like what I see. Putting the story/context into a newspaper article of some sort. Clever!

I really appreciate you doing this, both for Bette and her fans!

Caivu posted a thread that showed possible plot/points/characters for the upcoming Batwoman TV show on the CW.

But the character most likely to be Bette Kane, appears to either be 1) cast with someone either Asian/Latino or 2)

Maybe they are combining the Bette character with Cassandra Cain, who is of Asian descent.

Boo on that, either way.

Caivu posted a thread that showed possible plot/points/characters for the upcoming Batwoman TV show on the CW.

But the character most likely to be Bette Kane, appears to either be 1) cast with someone either Asian/Latino or 2)

Maybe they are combining the Bette character with Cassandra Cain, who is of Asian descent.

Boo on that, either way.
    I saw an article on the casting call for the show (sorry no link), where they had pseudo-names used for the proposed characters...but it was fairly easy to peg who was who. This is a typical Hollywood thing where they mis-name the characters until they are ready to announce them (with the real names).

The characters appeared to be analogues for Jacob, Alice, and Bette. Bette was called "Meredith" (aka Elizabeth?) and was identified as a cousin of Kate who had her own activities going on in Gotham. THAT sounded a lot like Bette running around as Flamebird before Kate takes her under her wing.
    Wow would I love to see THAT in live action!