Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Bette Kane as one of the Batgirls in Bombshells

It was a cool twist to her Bat-Girl days.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Ooh, pretty cool! I like that!

For fun...name 3 favorite appearances of Betty/Bette Kane that you like.

Me...
    1. Batman #139 - Betty's first appearance as Bat-Girl. She's shown to be very observant and smart.
    2. Teen Titans (vol. 1) #50 - After a long absence, Betty helps save civilians on the aircraft carrier U.S.S. Tippecanoe
    and becomes a founding member of Titans West.
    3. Beast Boy mini-series (#1-4) - It pretty much co-stared Bette Kane. It was a turnaround moment for her character, as she
    gain confidence in herself and debuted her new Flamebird costume.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    For fun...name 3 favorite appearances of Betty/Bette Kane that you like.

Me...
    1. Batman #139 - Betty's first appearance as Bat-Girl. She's shown to be very observant and smart.
    2. Teen Titans (vol. 1) #50 - After a long absence, Betty helps save civilians on the aircraft carrier U.S.S. Tippecanoe
    and becomes a founding member of Titans West.
    3. Beast Boy mini-series (#1-4) - It pretty much co-stared Bette Kane. It was a turnaround moment for her character, as she
    gain confidence in herself and debuted her new Flamebird costume.
    That Beast Boy mini was awesome. Shame Justiniano ruined his career. But that was a Better idea hoped to see more of...not the one that showed up in Batwoman and totally tanked.

BANNED

i wonder if she's gonna appear in detective....I'd think so but there's too many characters to juggle as it is

This got me thinking since I didn't see this specified anywhere (I may have just missed it), so I decided to look up Bette's last main continuity appearance. Apparently it was in Batwoman #32, which was 18 months ago. The last mention of her I can find was a postcard from the second Batwoman Annual.

The postcard mentioned Bette was in L.A. Is there any crimefighting-related thing she could be up to there?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    This got me thinking since I didn't see this specified anywhere (I may have just missed it), so I decided to look up Bette's last main continuity appearance. Apparently it was in Batwoman #32, which was 18 months ago. The last mention of her I can find was a postcard from the second Batwoman Annual.

The postcard mentioned Bette was in L.A. Is there any crimefighting-related thing she could be up to there?
    She was out there when Titans West was a thing.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i wonder if she's gonna appear in detective....I'd think so but there's too many characters to juggle as it is
    I think the problem with her is that she is very similar to Steph and not as popular as the other Batgirls.

I doubt that she will get more than a Guest appearance or a cameo.

Extraordinary Member

It is since COIE her home town, but appart from the Tiatns West I doubt that she ever fought more than street crime.

L.A. was actually the base of the Outsiders and Infinity Inc. pre falsh point (or pre crisis?) for sometime, and Red Hood/Arsenal have there technically the Base at the moment (but are mostly somewere else). But afaik Bette never worked with them.

Yeah she spent most of her childhood in L.A. and the former Titans West was based there.

I feel Bette going back to Gotham and attending college there was a step in the right direction for her character.
    However, things went spiraling down shortly after when they gutted her and changed her name and look.

She'll never go anywhere if writers keep setting her up to be an incompetent hero all the time.
    An example is this scene below.

Last edited by Herowatcher; 04-22-2016 at 09:38 AM.

After Bette's near death experience in the pages of Batwoman, her character is once again built up.
    This time she's retrained by her Uncle Jacob. Bette's positive attitude remains intact as she bears no
    ill will against her cousin Kate for making her feel worthless as a hero.

However, I feel the writer is setting Bette up for yet another fall as he seems to keep her personality too
    unfocused and starry-eyed IMO.

One of Bette Kane /Flamebird's best moments...from Beast Boy #4

Favorite Bette appearances: 1) Of course I like her Bat-girl appearances, since... she was the ever-first girl that Robin (Dick) kissed. 2) But I liked her first return, as a Titan, way back in the old Titans book, late '70s perhaps.

For number 3, I like her in "Elegy".

So was Bette Kane or Golden Eagle mentioned in Titans Hunt?
    I haven't kept up on that title.

Love that Bette Kane costume. Liked her in YJ as well as the popular non hero who does hero stuff and Dick Grayson's fling.