Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I've heard that, but I can't find a source on it - do you have one? She was one of the only good things about the Andreyko issues.

Sorry to derail, though - I love Bette as well! Thrilled that Tynion isn't just playing with the Elegy/Go stuff for Kate, but going into the Blackman/Williams stuff for Bette and Alice. (and he even referenced Andreyko's stuff with Clayface, too!)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I've heard that, but I can't find a source on it - do you have one? She was one of the only good things about the Andreyko issues.
    It's in here:

http://doomrocket.com/james-tynion-iv-interview/

The exact quote is:

In getting prepared for this story I read through all of the Batwoman material that exists, from her creation to today. This story is the next step in that journey. This is moving that story along, particularly for Kate and Jacob Kane. There are lingering threads, like with Alice — I mean Rucka, Williams and [Marc] Andreyko all went into that — and while Alice won’t be front and center with this arc, people who have been following her the whole time will be thrilled to find that this is the next chapter. It’s something that’s built from something that’s come before. But for the people who are coming in and meeting Batwoman for the first time, I think they will be very engaged and very excited by the character. They’ll be able to jump right in.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Thanks! That's a bit ambiguous, but I hope so much!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

It looks like Betty Kane will show up in Detective comics eventually according to Tynion.
    So we have a lot to be excited for!

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    It looks like Betty Kane will show up in Detective comics eventually according to Tynion.
    So we have a lot to be excited for!
    I'll look at this as good news too.

Just hoping Tynion won't bring Bette back (once again) to being incompetent and unfocused.
    It's been done too much to her over the years by past writers. I definitely don't want her playing second fiddle to Steph or Cassandra.
    Bette's older than the two, been in the business longer and is more experienced than Stephanie....IMHO.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    I'll look at this as good news too.

Just hoping Tynion won't bring Bette back (once again) to being incompetent and unfocused.
    It's been done too much to her over the years by past writers. I definitely don't want her playing second fiddle to Steph or Cassandra.
    Bette's older than the two, been in the business longer and is more experienced than Stephanie....IMHO.
    Not just in terms of physical age, but publication age, too: if she returns as a regular, she'll be the third-oldest character on the team after Batman and Clayface in terms of publication history.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Not just in terms of physical age, but publication age, too: if she returns as a regular, she'll be the third-oldest character on the team after Batman and Clayface in terms of publication history.
    I hope she comes back as a really competent fighter who works extremely well with Batwoman and the group. She could show up and show off in front of the team, it could really give Bette some time to shine. I also hope she doesn't go by Hawkfire, Flamebird is a much cooler name and that her costume looks more like her 90s-2000s version.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Hopefully this doesn't happen because with only two issues left in this arc it would feel like a last-minute twist or too much information at the end, but maybe Bette's been roped into the Colony somehow, and Kate pulls off with Bette the exact same "join us" speech that Jacob tried out on her but failed with.

Edit: Ooh! Maybe Jacob could do the whole Vader-esque "if you won't join me, then perhaps she will" thing. Although that could again have the problem of not setting up Bette enough for new readers, and she and Kate were never exactly super close anyway, but...maybe.
    Last edited by Caivu; 08-14-2016 at 10:59 PM.

Hopefully this doesn't happen because with only two issues left in this arc it would feel like a last-minute twist or too much information at the end, but maybe Bette's been roped into the Colony somehow, and Kate pulls off with Bette the exact same "join us" speech that Jacob tried out on her but failed with.

Edit: Ooh! Maybe Jacob could do the whole Vader-esque "if you won't join me, then perhaps she will" thing. Although that could again have the problem of not setting up Bette enough for new readers, and she and Kate were never exactly [I]super[/I close anyway, but...maybe.
    Well, in the Batwoman series, she was definitely fairly close to Jacob, so I could really see her being part of or aware of the Colony.

I hope she eventually joins the group! I'd love to see her interact more with Steph, cass and harper

I hope she eventually joins the group! I'd love to see her interact more with Steph, cass and harper
    Oh I don't know about that.

I would like to see her in Nightwing though

Jacob's grief only makes sense if Bette's his daughter? It's weird to you that he reacted the way he did if she's only his neice?
    Certainly there would still be grief; I have 3 nieces I would grieve over. But a parent's grief is stronger, certainly "comic book style".

Having said that, I guess I agree/disagree on the accuracy or appropriateness of Jacob's grief in that story. It was a scene, that for me, spoke volumes to the familial relationships in Wayne *and* Kane families.

Love this picture. Never got to read that story, though.

Hurray! He only mentions her as Bette, not Flame, Hawk, or "bat-girl". But I have hope.

Yeah, but eventually - if things work out, I would like to see a reunion for Dick and Bette, of some sort.

I too hope they don't recreate Bette's past, not very competent, etc. Quite frankly, this is a tradition and problem in comics; certain characters are built up, then ret-conned into their previous meme. Bette, is a stellar example of that. As the original Bat-girl, she saved Batman, etc. a couple of times in her original early '60s appearances. She was helpful in the final issues of the original Teen Titans comic as well.

I prefer her costume from Batwoman's series, rather than older versions, but it is more important for her to on the canvas, than not.

I think it would be interesting if they could explain either Batwoman, or Flamebird as being a 2nd cousin of Bruce - implying that Bruce, Kate and Bette's parents are/were cousins, and children of cousins are generally held as 2nd cousins. In families as rich as Wayne and Kane, this should present no real problems. Being 'cousins' is just more colloquiel than 2nd cousins.