Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Amazing X-Men Annual, #1

• Storm and the Amazing X-Men go to Africa!
    • A death in Storm's family sheds light on a new threat to the X-Men!

Full article here.

as popular as it is i am growing tired of storms mohawk... she looks like a bird... I am really excited about this book though...

BANNED

My favorite part: "Okay Jean Paul, Rachel-- You stay here with Warbird and Angel..."

HAHAHAHA, it's more like "No, Rachel, we don't need you, better luck next time"

Way to throw Shade at T'challa

I had not heard anything about this. Is this supposed to lead into Storm's ongoing?

BANNED

"We can't all go"... why, are they taking a submarine to Africa? Lol...great dialogue...

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I had not heard anything about this. Is this supposed to lead into Storm's ongoing?
    It hasn't been said officially but I get the feeling that there will be a connection between the annual and her solo.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Storm gets an ongoing too? Does every X-Man get one? Come on...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tonamelt View Post
    My favorite part: "Okay Jean Paul, Rachel-- You stay here with Warbird and Angel..."

HAHAHAHA, it's more like "No, Rachel, we don't need you, better luck next time"
    They need her to look after the school what with the headmaster and deputy leaving. You know...the school?

Everyone knows all Rachel is good for is staying at home and doing the dishes. I'm looking forward to seeing a Storm focused story that will hopefully give her some family time, I think her African roots have been neglected too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatbar View Post
    Everyone knows all Rachel is good for is staying at home and doing the dishes.
    They're going to have a fourway, anyways.

BANNED

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    They need her to look after the school what with the headmaster and deputy leaving. You know...the school?
    Oh yeah, you are right, wirters don't ignore/despise her, she has more important things to do, yeah, that makes sense...

Maybe she'll need one of these in the future:

security-guard-badge.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComicDemon View Post
    Storm gets an ongoing too? Does every X-Man get one? Come on...
    Apparently...it was "demanded" because she is in so few titles now... Marvel has commented more about the #of female leads in solos and diversity regarding this title than actually public demand for a typhoon fighting Ororo global ambassador space taker. They will learn quickly, like most X-men, she does better in a team book. It is tough for X's to carry books alone.

The problem with a character like Storm is that she was so well done for years by Claremont that in the end she became too powerful. So she tends to be jobbed out and under used. The Life Death storyline was great character work but really did tell an overall arc with her. It will be hard to tell a story that will do her justice or bring her down only to rise her back up that doesnt just retell her old tales.

The preview seems okay, though the dialogue seems off? Sure, someone must stay at the school. But there is so much faculty there, isn't that right? Besides, seems like Storm found Wolverine after looking for him in the last Amazing preview, haha. A new villain? Hope it's an interesting enough character, not be forgotten soon?