Stand User

Default Dark Souls: Are You Dead Yet?

The answer is yes. It's always yes.

Dark_souls_bonfire.jpg

Since Dark Souls II has just come out on PC, I thought I'd get some discussion going on the subject.

What are everyone's thoughts on the game itself thus far and what can be parsed from the story?

Ive been staring at the unopened special edition box for weeks now. Im forcing myself to finish the first Dark Souls first. Im stuck in Sen's Fortress lol..

Stand User

Sen's Funhouse is kinda rough for new players. An easy trick to get through some of the early areas is draw aggro from enemies and make them run into the traps. An arrow on the first bridge with the pendulums usually does it, for example.

I've cleared Dark Souls II and I'm itching to play more, but I loaned it to a friend. I'm really annoyed that I missed the end of a quest, didn't even find out about it until yesterday. That's what I get for trying to go unspoiled.

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

I've beaten all 3 games in the series with ease, love every single one of them.

Demon's Souls is still my favorite tho. I love using my Large Sword of Searching :P

But, I am very glad they fixed online for DS2, I hated never finding summons or getting summoned. The Soul Memory for summoning works better than Soul Level.

I do a lot of PVP, I only lose to certain situations that make me cry Like getting invaded while fighting another guy! LKJSLDFJLDF! But that isn't the worse of it, they use the rings that block that they summoned so I didn't even know they were in my game.

This other time tho when they did that, all I see is something move in the background.. I go weird... looked really red... hmm could be a invader... So I summoned the NPC for the area, baited the NPC so the guy would attack him first and then BAM! Sunlight Spear to the back! instant win!

Sunlight spear is awesome against people without lighting defense muwhwhahah!

Beat Dark Souls II last month. It was really fun, I think the cooperation part really add to it. I enjoy summoning Phantoms to beat bosses or being summoned to assist other players. It really felt good when we beat the boss together and waving each other goodbyes.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
    Beat Dark Souls II last month. It was really fun, I think the cooperation part really add to it. I enjoy summoning Phantoms to beat bosses or being summoned to assist other players. It really felt good when we beat the boss together and waving each other goodbyes.
    Hopefully with the next one they make the online even better I really love the game more since online was 20 times better than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Prime View Post
    Hopefully with the next one they make the online even better I really love the game more since online was 20 times better than the others.
    Yeah. I'm not an online game person, and at first I tried summoning because I got my ass kicked by the three Rust Sentinels (they really need to stop with the multiple boss, it gets sorta cheap), but then I got addicted to online co-op adventures...it was really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
    Yeah. I'm not an online game person, and at first I tried summoning because I got my ass kicked by the three Rust Sentinels (they really need to stop with the multiple boss, it gets sorta cheap), but then I got addicted to online co-op adventures...it was really awesome.
    Those 3 are actually easy with lighting miracles.

You take out the first one on top with just melee with lighting, once it's done, aim at the 2nd one coming and you can really weaken him before he even jumps up to you with lighting, you can even beat him before he jumps up, but the other one will take it's time has well. So you should be able to defeat the 2nd one before he comes up.

That's all I did to beat them solo.

I started playing Dark Souls when it first came out. Got to Sen's Fortress before I got distracted by other things. Then I played 2 when it came out, finished it about a month or so ago and now I'm back to the first one though I started a new game instead of picking up where I left off. I've got three of the lord souls now (Nito, Seath and Four Kings).

Stand User

Quote Originally Posted by Ship View Post
    I started playing Dark Souls when it first came out. Got to Sen's Fortress before I got distracted by other things. Then I played 2 when it came out, finished it about a month or so ago and now I'm back to the first one though I started a new game instead of picking up where I left off. I've got three of the lord souls now (Nito, Seath and Four Kings).
    Look up how to beat The Bed of Chaos. It's the fourth Lord Soul.

It was a boss that was made during crunch time, about two solid weeks and is probably the weakest part of the entire Souls series.

Quote Originally Posted by Suribot View Post
    Look up how to beat The Bed of Chaos. It's the fourth Lord Soul.

It was a boss that was made during crunch time, about two solid weeks and is probably the weakest part of the entire Souls series.
    Weakest as in really easy or weakest as in really cheap?

Just finished the game. Bed of Chaos took a few tries. Got Gwyn on the second attempt.