Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

I agree. Too much going on and it should be more a sleek body suit rather than a dress. I liked Bachalo's modification of his cloak look he did for A+X:

I think that looks pretty good. Still wish we could go to a redesign of the bomber jacket though. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    I agree. Too much going on and it should be more a sleek body suit rather than a dress. I liked Bachalo's modification of his cloak look he did for A+X:

I think that looks pretty good. Still wish we could go to a redesign of the bomber jacket though. :-/
    See, I started to really like that outfit. The new one...why not just bring the X-Men Legacy outfit back? It's much better.

OMG High Flyers! Did you guys know that there was a Rogue variant for Axis #4? You all have to be sure to sell it out!

They even got the eye color right! I am in heaven!
    Last edited by jen; 10-26-2014 at 08:01 PM.

That's because it's the Big Guns poster broken up.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    That's because it's the Big Guns poster broken up.
    Yeah it is totes a lazy variant but it is the only Rogue variant/solo cover in the last 2 years!! At least it is something.

Marvel teases a return to the Age of Apocalypse this summer!

From CBR:

Also check out this original commission of Rogue by Michael Golden! :-)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking Gorgeous!!!

OMG High Flyers! Did you guys know that there was a Rogue variant for Axis #4? You all have to be sure to sell it out!

They even got the eye color right! I am in heaven!
    Very Glad to Hear this is Coming Our for the Upcoming AXIS Issue Jen, This Looks Amazing! :-D

I Greatly Hope You get it Jen, You deserve it and for me I have Put on Resevre at my Local Comic Shop and I am Hoping to get it as well! ;-)

The Cover by the Young Guns Artist is Really Gorgeous and I am so Happy it Turned out as good as you had Hoped Jen and they got the Eye Color of our Jade Green-Eyed High Flyer Should Always Have! ^_^
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Cool to see her in the cover for the AOA tease. And that variant cover for AXIS 4 looks good. Hopefully my store will have it when I get the issue.

So why is this thread not more popular? Rogue is a marvel icon and now an Avenger full time. Why is Marvel not featuring her in other Avenger titles and why is the Avenger fandom not embracing the amazing Southern Belle? Do Avenger fans really not know much about her? If that is the case here is a fun look at Rogue's comic origins.

So why is this thread not more popular? Rogue is a marvel icon and now an Avenger full time. Why is Marvel not featuring her in other Avenger titles and why is the Avenger fandom not embracing the amazing Southern Belle? Do Avenger fans really not know much about her? If that is the case here is a fun look at Rogue's comic origins.

Right on point Jen!

Funny, just today I was thinking of getting this Grand thread going again, but the Truest of Rogue Fans did it instead, that being YOU! ;-)

Great Minds think alike. ;-)

Anyways, will get back to posting on this thread Indeed and celebrating a Great New Avenger Rogue! I am away from my computer right now and typing on my IPhone, so as soon as I can post on my computer I will Indeed!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Last week, Brevoort confirmed on Tumblr, that Rogue was now considered an Avenger. It was met with shock by many Rogue fans (me) that she was no longer an X-Men. At the same time, it is not like Rogue has really been embraced by the A-fandom. I wonder if Rogue being such an iconic X-Men has made it difficult to consider her an Avenger? Perhaps Remender did a disservice to Rogue by making her introduction to the unity squad so hostile. It seems that it has been extremely hard for some Rogue fans and some Avenger fans to embrace the idea of Rogue the Avenger. Maybe we will see her mixing it up more with the other Avengers. She did make the 50th anniversary poster.

Well, she's co-leader of the Unity Squad now so you'd imagine her profile would be raised from that alone...then again, it's not like it did Havok any favors .

Though I can say, from my personal perspective, that while I'm fine accepting Rogue as an Avenger I'll always associate her more with the X-Men and the X-universe in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, she's co-leader of the Unity Squad now so you'd imagine her profile would be raised from that alone...then again, it's not like it did Havok any favors .
    I don't think we are done with Alex's and Jan's story yet.

Though I can say, from my personal perspective, that while I'm fine accepting Rogue as an Avenger I'll always associate her more with the X-Men and the X-universe in general.
    It is hard to move on from 30 years of X-Men to suddenly being an Avenger. She has had some feats and saved the world as an Avenger, but maybe only time can makes this happen. I still find calling her and Avenger difficult to be honest.

Lightbulb

Last week, Brevoort confirmed on Tumblr, that Rogue was now considered an Avenger. It was met with shock by many Rogue fans (me) that she was no longer an X-Men. At the same time, it is not like Rogue has really been embraced by the A-fandom. I wonder if Rogue being such an iconic X-Men has made it difficult to consider her an Avenger? Perhaps Remender did a disservice to Rogue by making her introduction to the unity squad so hostile. It seems that it has been extremely hard for some Rogue fans and some Avenger fans to embrace the idea of Rogue the Avenger. Maybe we will see her mixing it up more with the other Avengers. She did make the 50th anniversary poster.
    Well, I take ALLOT of what Brevoort says with many Grains of Salt, he talks allot but never can seem to articulate well and I still think some of what he is saying about Rogue JUST being an Avenger Now seems rather rushed. Rogue is an X-Men and she should be included between BOTH Franchises like Wolverine or Storm was during their time on both teams!

It could have been the harsh tone that UA took at the start that may have made things bumpy, but I think any of those negatives are long gone at this point. If Rogue is taking the LEAD in the Unity Team book in Vol. 2 as teased, then all I can see is that it should HELP her Image more with More Avengers Fans. I see a Liking of Rogue on UA Forums, but to gain more in Overall Avengers threads, she will need a more Front and Forward Role, AKA Leadership of the team Indeed, which is the Right place for her Indeed!

NOW, Combine that with the Tease that After Hickman's Run is Done, an ALL-NEW AVENGERS will form, then Rogue Should Be and Needs to Be Apart of that Main Avengers Team and if THAT IS The Case, Then her Stock as an Avenger will SHOT threw the Roof!

As far as I am concern as of Now, Rogue is a True Blooded X-Man to the End, but Is also a the GRAND New Blood of the Avengers with all the Experience brought over in her time as an X-Man! :-)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think most to all Fans of Comics will always see Rogue as an X-Man 1st and for-most and that is they way it should be! Whatever your original team was and where you where most apart of, that is the team you will be most remembered for, even if you work on dozens of other titles. Wolverine was on SOOOO many teams, but he will always be considered as one of the Main X-Men Team members, same with Rogue.

I liked Havok's time as leader, feel Really Bad for how things ended up in AXIS, but I trust their is a purpose to it. Also, by both what I hear about RR and what I have been reading, the longer RR goes on with a story the better he gets. So Rogue, IMO, will benefit from that skill level and from RR realizing he should not make the same mistakes he did before.