Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

So fans what did you think of UA volume #2 issue #1? Rogue took up the leadership role that was reminiscent of her Legacy days. Still not loving Acuna's take on her. He seems to have a hard time getting her adorableness through. Too many hard lines make her look too severe. But at least he got her eye color right! YAY!

Here is Rogue leading:

Here is Rogue being the "Cap to the Rogue" to Vision:

Here is Daniel Acuna letting me know that he knows Rogue has green eyes... Finally! :-p

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    So fans what did you think of UA volume #2 issue #1? Rogue took up the leadership role that was reminiscent of her Legacy days. Still not loving Acuna's take on her. He seems to have a hard time getting her adorableness through. Too many hard lines make her look too severe. But at least he got her eye color right! YAY!

Here is Rogue leading:

Here is Daniel Acuna letting me know that he knows Rogue has green eyes... Finally! :-p
    I will Repeat what I said on Rogue's X-Boards Thread to a Main Degree Jen:

I say I would be Proud of Rogue Today Jen......BUTTTTT that would be a Seriously Underrated Post by mean! ;-)

Good Gally, just her 1st few words came off as dynamic, they leaped out at me. It was more commanding that I have seen in leadership of the team and I really liked Havok and Capt. Each line of hers either was focus, mature, Capt Level Commitment to the function of the team or Sassiness that put all the Rest of the team on their heels without much to no comeback, made them seem to go silent.

Really, I have been hoping RR would be Better with Rogue, BUT this was even more then I could have hoped. He gave her a Dynamic Voice, made her the center of the Unity Team at that moment and really Put Female Leaders in Grand Light in an team at that point of all Guys, the Guys where all stunned back, LOL, it was Grand!

Overall, I had Hope for a Good Rogue, I Got Capt Rogue! ;-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

My pockets feel woefully vacant these days. ( ._.)

I hear you Rogue Star! And welcome to the High Flyers!!

As for today's issue, I hope this sets Rogue on a quest to rescue Simon.

BANNED

Very good. So far, so good. Hell, it pretty much gave me what I always wanted, Rogue as a team leader and even as a competent one thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    My pockets feel woefully vacant these days. ( ._.)
    THAT was my life for WAY to Long for Most of 2014, I know that pain and still trying to catch up from it.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I hear you Rogue Star! And welcome to the High Flyers!!

As for today's issue, I hope this sets Rogue on a quest to rescue Simon.
    Agree, Welcome to the High Flyers Rogue Star!

As for Simon and Rogue, I am Glad to Hear Simon may Finally Be out of Rogue's Head! But now, where the heck did he go?!

I swear, Simon is one of the most Disrespected Heroes in Marvel, anytime he seems to get some momentum he is take out of the picture again, really his Fans need more Respect for Simon then him just getting lost again. Really I hope Rogue Does save him from more Character Limbo!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

As for Simon and Rogue, I am Glad to Hear Simon may Finally Be out of Rogue's Head! But now, where the heck did he go?!
    But does Rogue retain Simon's ionic power?
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

So basically Vision thinks of Scarlet ("a ticking time bomb") what Rogue used to think in the beginning of UA vol. 1?

And Rogue should ask herself: why, of all the thousands of Avengers, was Vision picked up to be in a team with his ex-wife??!!
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

BANNED

Arigato! I could have sworn I posted here before but apparently I did nothing more than lurk in the shadows. xP

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    But does Rogue retain Simon's ionic power?
    Yep, she retains his power still.

I have to admit, I was not pleased with her portrayal.

I was honestly hoping for a kinship of sorts betwixt she and Viz.

But instead there was soap boxing.

I dig her chunky snow boots though.

All-New Member YellowLunarHuman's Avatar

If anyone's interested, here's a link to a podcast entirely about Rogue. It goes from her time as an Avengers villain until right before Uncanny Avengers (and just after).

http://comicsverse.com/episode-40-fo...-x-mens-rogue/

P.S.
    This is my fav Rogue cover I think :P

Uncanny X-Men 26900.jpg

Gotta love childhood nostalgia (assuming one was a child when their fav Rogue cover came out :P )

BANNED

Thank you for that link!

That is an awesome podcast, knowledgeable commentators and funny one-liners.