Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    IIRC Gage's Legacy issue was the last time they were in same room together?
    The only issue I know so far they make peace is during AvsX tie in.
    Last edited by stingnewell; 06-04-2014 at 07:30 AM.

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Is Marvel still playing up the Captain Marvel being uncomfortable in the same room as Rogue
    or has she put that behind her and accepted Rogue. I know Gage straighten it out in Legacy
    but has that changed?
    I personally thought that story was a POS (which is crazy because Gage writes Angel/Buffy excellently) but as it stands they are on friend-ish terms. Kelly Sue said recently that she'd need to delve into Rogue's history before tackling that team up but said that she'd start with Carol inviting Rogue over for spaghetti. O_o

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    I personally thought that story was a POS (which is crazy because Gage writes Angel/Buffy excellently) but as it stands they are on friend-ish terms. Kelly Sue said recently that she'd need to delve into Rogue's history before tackling that team up but said that she'd start with Carol inviting Rogue over for spaghetti. O_o
    If Kelly Sue could be fair to Rogue then that could be cool.

I got faith in KSD. Her work on Avengers Assemble and Captain Marvel has been solid.

In fact, I still wish Avengers Assemble book was still ongoing. Would have liked to seen an Avengers ladies issue with Rogue being with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I got faith in KSD. Her work on Avengers Assemble and Captain Marvel has been solid.

In fact, I still wish Avengers Assemble book was still ongoing. Would have liked to seen an Avengers ladies issue with Rogue being with them.
    OMG! Yes!

The cancellation of Avengers Assemble was a travesty. It was one of my favorite monthly reads.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    OMG! Yes!

The cancellation of Avengers Assemble was a travesty. It was one of my favorite monthly reads.
    It was a great light hearted read too. Lot of goodness in there. But to think we never got an arc with Carol, Jess, Natasha, and Rogue all interacting is sad.

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Which is why I didn't like Gage's, and for what it's worth, KSD said that she'd need to do her research on Rogue to do a good story but she DIDN'T want a story where there was crazy animosity and fighting. IMO, that's a good thing.

I agree. The writer needs to keep the story balanced, unlike Reed, when Rogue was only trying to help Carol, and Rogue got her ribs kicked in for her trouble...

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Rogue and Carol bonding over spaghetti? That'd do me lol.

I believe she would be.

BANNED

I don't know I thought the reunion between the two was far worse in Brian Reed's run of Ms. Marvel. As to Carol inviting Rogue to Spaghetti that sounds like a great issue in the making.
    Hope the execution is done well.
    Last edited by stingnewell; 06-04-2014 at 08:37 AM.

It definitely takes some getting used to. ;-). Rogue did make her debut in the Avengers and her origin is tied to Captain Marvel. So there is history. Mike Marts did say that fans wanting her back on an active X-Men team is something they are discussing. I believe she will be an active member of both teams. :-)
    I agree with Lordallmighty, yet I understand the getting used to. Its hard, ugh. When was it that they annonunced that she was an Av---eng---aaaahhh !!! Can't say it, lol. Marvel killed the avengers in my eyes to even fathom Rogue being one. It's gonna take some time before i accept this. If its true what you say about Their bringing her back to the X-books then i can deal Miss Jen . You are a well of information about Rogue that i like to read about. I personally don't see the Rogue & Thor connection like everyone else does. My distaste in that pairing is as equal to those who would die if Rogue hooked up with Wonder Man lol. If anything Sam should holla at her. I could see that. Actually THATS what I want to see . Also I don't think Rogue should be buddy buddy with Carol or Wanda. I can understand being civil for the sake of the team if not the world but not cool IMO. There's just to much grrrr between characters that i can't see them having a ladies night out unless its with respective company. (example; Rogue, Rachel, Kitty or Carol, Jessica, Wanda) NOW I'm ALL for Rogue and Black Widow teaming up. That would be an awesome team up if not a start to an even awesome friendship

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    I don't know I thought the reunion between the two was far worse in Brian Wood's run of Ms. Marvel. As to Carol inviting Rogue to Spaghetti that sounds like a great issue in the making.
    Hope the execution is done well.
    It was Brian Reed, not Wood.

They seem to be on good terms. Carol let Rogue borrow her powers in Bachalo's A+X issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post

They seem to be on good terms. Carol let Rogue borrow her powers in Bachalo's A+X issue.
    Oops my bad, I'll check that issue out thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post

Yeah, I think the Gage story was to get back at the Reed one. Either way, enough with that stuff. If they do a team up, I hope it is working together.

Yeah, I think the Gage story was to get back at the Reed one. Either way, enough with that stuff. If they do a team up, I hope it is working together.
    I think the AvX thing essentially shows the pattern of team work between the two. They'll fight first then make up and work together later. In AvX Rogue arrested Carol and sent her to hell, then tried to free her. They always seem to have a bit of friction FIRST, but manage to make good in the end.