Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    So what does that mean for that new brat calling herself "Ms. Marvel" ?
    What's wrong with Kamala? I am actually keeping my fingers crossed that Rogue comes into her world and becomes sort of a mentor figure to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Oh I know. But we need to give credit where its due. Carol was one of the main props that helped bring Rogue into existence. On an Avengers board Carol must be credited. Also she looks like an HBIC in that pic. I love it!
    Carol is great and all but no way is she HBIC in a Rogue thread. Yes the origin of Rogue starts with the CD event in Avengers, but Rogue is her own hero with 30+ excellent years that is all due to her own outstanding story. ;-)

Last edited by jen; 06-09-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Popularity-wise, Carol owes Rogue a few things too. I don't think Carol would be where she is today without Rogue stealing her powers.

Some more Clay Mann pics to help get us through the long (2more months!) wait for the return of the Southern Belle! =)

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Carol is great and all but no way is she HBIC in a Rogue thread. Yes the origin of Rogue starts with the CD event in Avengers, but Rogue is her own hero with 30+ excellent years that is all due to her own outstanding story. ;-)
    Haha oh I know. Rogue is definitely a great character and hero in her own right. Probably one of the main HBIC's of the Marvel Universe. I hope now that they are Avengers, we get more teamups (NO HOSTILITY) between Rogue and Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Popularity-wise, Carol owes Rogue a few things too. I don't think Carol would be where she is today without Rogue stealing her powers.
    That is true. She would still have that generic powerset (I say its generic because it really isn't anything unique from other heroes.) and probably wouldn't be that prominent of a character these days had it not been for Claremont's changes to her.

BANNED

This is my favorite Rogue costume. Hehehe

Rogue - Touch at Your Own Risk
    by Adyon
    Link: http://adyon.deviantart.com/art/Rogu...Risk-210321417

Oh, wow! This is officially my new favorite Rogue image.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

One of my favorite Rogue covers. One of my favorite comic book characters portrayed as one of my favorite musical artists! Strike a pose!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    This is my favorite Rogue costume. Hehehe

Rogue - Touch at Your Own Risk
    by Adyon
    Link: http://adyon.deviantart.com/art/Rogu...Risk-210321417
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    One of my favorite Rogue covers. One of my favorite comic book characters portrayed as one of my favorite musical artists! Strike a pose!

Nice pose.

Jobbroni

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    From a character point of view, that's maybe true, but there are so many new Carol Corp members that love Carol but never knew that Rogue ruined Carol's life. Or to Jen's point, Carol has done more over 30+ years to distinguish herself other than being Rogue's victim that I'm sure they would've been fine without it. IMO, Carol owes Rogue NOTHING. If anything Rogue still needs, in my mind, that self-sacrificing moment for Carol that she's done for others like Dazzler and Betsy. I'm still waiting for it, but I don't think it'll happen. And with Carol's recent memory loss, why would Rogue do it now?

And I'm sure a LOT of people here will disagree, but I'm hard on the heroes I like. I can love Rogue but think it was a really shitty thing to do to Carol, especially since she never did a thing to Rogue. It's also why I love them, I expect more out of my heroes and if they screw up, they ought to face the consequences (because Rogue did go through her own hell because of ruining Carol) and I absolutely feel no shame in supporting both ladies and I'm not looking to renew hostilities between them. They're both, pardon the phrase, super heroes.

Lets keep it good vibes. Pretty Carol pics should be in the Carol thread. She is great but Rogue is the star here.

Rogue is AWESOME and hope she gets fair treatment as an Avenger. It's the only place for her now. She isn't anywhere else and some of us are really sad for the serious lack of Rogue stories being told right now.

Also Rogue totes deserves her own solo series again. She has the fans to sell it at least better than other current solos going on right now. Marvel is just not tapping into cash potential from the crushed hearts of Rogue fans.

Jobbroni

Lets keep it good vibes. Pretty Carol pics should be in the Carol thread. She is great but Rogue is the star here.

Rogue is AWESOME and hope she gets fair treatment as an Avenger. It's the only place for her now. She isn't anywhere else and some of us are really sad for the serious lack of Rogue stories being told right now.

Also Rogue totes deserves her own solo series again. She has the fans to sell it at least better than other current solos going on right now. Marvel is just not tapping into cash potential from the crushed hearts of Rogue fans.
    Certainly, a limited series. Weird that Remender's one book is enough to put the brakes on Rogue and everyone else not Cap and Thor.

What do you think a good solo series starring Rogue would look like?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'd personally buy a Rogue series for sure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post
    Certainly, a limited series. Weird that Remender's one book is enough to put the brakes on Rogue and everyone else not Cap and Thor.

I think the reason for her complete disappearance is the fact that she has always been exclusively an X-character, and since those writers can't or didn't want to use her
    during this story, there was nowhere else to go. What I mean is, who would think of using Rogue as a guest when she traditionally has been off in her own world with the
    X-Men? If this Avengers thing lasts, and especially if she ever makes it to the main book, there is a good chance of her popping up a lot more. In the past, at least, the
    Avengers or some of their members frequently appeared in other books. I don't think Rogue ever did a Marvel Team-Up even. Am I right? That would be crazy. Everybody
    was in Marvel Team-Up, even Aunt May. But I don't think Rogue ever was. She really needs to keep this Avengers gig.

Quote Originally Posted by albone View Post

Of course it has to be written by Mike Carey. I miss my monthly Rogue. =)