BANNED

Default Walking Dead 127 Amazon criticism

This is strange. At Amazon.com there are a couple of reviewers that are criticising issue # 127 simply because it's not on the Kindle version. Can't believe they're allowed to get away with that.

http://www.amazon.com/product-review...owViewpoints=1

2 of 10 people found the following review helpful
    1.0 out of 5 stars I guess I'll just wait for the paperback volumes again, May 14, 2014
    By kennyzombie "kennyzombie_2000-2001" (hell) - See all my reviews
    This review is from: Walking Dead #127 (Comic)
    Usually I just wait for the trade but after all out war volume 1 I had to keep reading so I bought the single issues on kindle. Normally I prefer to have physical copies of comics but yeah no that I've bought the last 5-6 issues on kindle I'm wondering that the hell happened to the kindle versions. Not really a big fan of buying the physical copies. 126 was on YouTube hopefully this one is as well.... Your losing my money amazon
    Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
    Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
    Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comments (2)

1.0 out of 5 stars Already out on google play, May 12, 2014
    By Kreshmar - See all my reviews
    I am going to assume Amazon is not going to be putting Kindle versions out any more. They were doing pretty good until the last two issues.
    Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comments (3)

1.0 out of 5 stars where are the kindle dl, May 11, 2014
    By Marco G Gallegos - See all my reviews
    Amazon where are the kindle do for #126 and #127 what happen to you over there at least explain what's going on
    Report abuse | Permalink
    Comment Comments (3)

So? How does this effect you?
    Overreactions all round.

I've also been annoyed by negative Amazon reviews that criticize something in the formatting rather then the actual work. I've seen with things such as people upset about books not being available as audio books as well for example.

It's a shame if those ratings affect anyone's purchasing behavior or Amazon's promotional efforts since it's not a true indication of what people actually think about the content.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

Amazon reviews are only slightly ahead of Youtube comments as far as internet discourse is concerned. Ignore them for your health and peace of mind.
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

Watching The Wheels wrkngclasshero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rightsuperhero View Post
    1.0 out of 5 stars I guess I'll just wait for the paperback volumes again, May 14, 2014
    By kennyzombie "kennyzombie_2000-2001" (hell) - See all my reviews
    Usually I just wait for the trade but after all out war volume 1 I had to keep reading so I bought the single issues on kindle. Normally I prefer to have physical copies of comics but yeah no that I've bought the last 5-6 issues on kindle I'm wondering that the hell happened to the kindle versions. Not really a big fan of buying the physical copies. 126 was on YouTube hopefully this one is as well.... Your losing my money amazon
    Report abuse | Permalink
    Comic books are on YouTube? Is it just somebody flipping the pages? That is ridiculous!
    "A working class hero is something to be..." - J. Lennon

I'd bet Amazon want you to head over to Comixology and buy it there.

That first review: Normally I prefer to have physical copies of comics but then: Not really a big fan of buying the physical copies What?!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wrkngclasshero View Post
    Comic books are on YouTube? Is it just somebody flipping the pages? That is ridiculous!
    While I bet someone probably has posted a video like that, the person you meant to respond to isn't saying that such a thing exists. He's merely saying that, in his opinion, Amazon reviews are only slightly better than Youtube comments as far as internet discourse is concerned. To put it in more simply, he's saying that in his opinion, Amazon reviews are just slightly less socially retarded than youtube comments. My only issue with his opinion is that he's using the big brush since he failed to use the word "some". There are plenty of very well written reviews on Amazon, some at times are far more thorough and professional than what you'll find on reputable ezines.

Personally, I think Amazon should only allow one to post a review if they've purchased the item through Amazon. I think it would cut back on some of the socially inept reviews. But then again, on the other hand, it would mean they'd delete my lovely review on that Harry Potter broom that came out in 2000. It was a nearly life size broom for kids to sit on and pretend they were Harry Potter, but it vibrated. So being the snarky ******* that I am, I posted a review about how I bought it for my 8 year old son but that his 14 year old sister took it from him and only leaves her bedroom these days when she needs new batteries.

Sure, it's a tongue in cheek review but it does point out actual flaws in the product. I don't know what the company was thinking by making a product like that, it really was quite perverse.