Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will Wonder Woman go to the live action shelf for decades again?

I really feel bad. I mean I am not pleased with Gal Gadot's acting, but Patty and her brought this character back to the live action screen after like 30 years(that failed 2009 TV series doesn't count). The character got accepted by the audience, even had a successful solo movie. That's wow, really really hard to achieve.

Patty also knew how to characterize her, even 1984 got some good points while had obviously flaws for a blockbuster. She knew much better than Snyder about how to build up a heroine. Plus Covid issue. I still think this Wonder Woman franchise deserves another chance.

Now Gunn's plan has no Wonder Woman in it, we got to go all over again.

I doubt it would be decades but I could see her being a latecomer in Gunn's era. It's probably the same with Aquaman, Shazam, Flash and a few others.

So phase 2 unless she pops up in one of the other films.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I doubt it would be decades but I could see her being a latecomer in Gunn's era. It's probably the same with Aquaman, Shazam, Flash and a few others.

So phase 2 unless she pops up in one of the other films.
    Will there even be a Gunn's era?

Ppl are losing interest in superheroes now, even MCU has lost its magic.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    The first slate of movies doesn't have Wonder Woman in it, in the initial announcements anyway, but I'd much rather have him wait for a script to land on his desk that *gets* Diana, then pump out some garbage that nobody wants, just to have a movie with her name on it.

I think Gal did a good job, and the necessities of the superhero 'formula' ill-served her first movie, where it was 2/3rds a great movie, followed by the standard superhero movie climax, a giant poorly-lit CGI-fest with no emotional weight at all. The second, I was less fond of, but that's not on Gal, IMO, but on the writing.

Will there even be a Gunn's era?

Ppl are losing interest in superheroes now, even MCU has lost its magic.
    Time will tell.

Niffleheim

Woman Woman is a $1B movie franchise it'll definitely come back. Let Kara be the litmus test on how Gunn adapts a female led movie, hopefully everything turns out great.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The first slate of movies doesn't have Wonder Woman in it, in the initial announcements anyway, but I'd much rather have him wait for a script to land on his desk that *gets* Diana, then pump out some garbage that nobody wants, just to have a movie with her name on it.

I think Gal did a good job, and the necessities of the superhero 'formula' ill-served her first movie, where it was 2/3rds a great movie, followed by the standard superhero movie climax, a giant poorly-lit CGI-fest with no emotional weight at all. The second, I was less fond of, but that's not on Gal, IMO, but on the writing.
    The problem is: Will there be a 2nd slate? Based on Superhero movies has past its prime.

The problem is: Will there be a 2nd slate? Based on Superhero movies has past its prime.
    Even if superhero movies go into decline, Wonder Woman is one of the top tier icons of the genre, along with Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man.

They'll all continue to get movies even if no other superheroes are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Even if superhero movies go into decline, Wonder Woman is one of the top tier icons of the genre, along with Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man.

They'll all continue to get movies even if no other superheroes are.
    And it took like 40 years for her to show up again after Lynda's series and dozens of Superhero movies.

And it took like 40 years for her to show up again after Lynda's series and dozens of Superhero movies.
    Superman had a 19 year gap between movies. Spider-Man got its first movie in 2002. Wonder Woman is not going away for too long.

I predict a live action TV show will be next.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Superman had a 19 year gap between movies. Spider-Man got its first movie in 2002. Wonder Woman is not going away for too long.
    Yes, you know when ppl get bored or the franchise or when the franchise do some stupid things, there will be big gaps. And the current situation is cruel now.

Superman still got 3 TV series through those gaps, while Wonder Woman got none other than 1 failed try and it was bad.

I doubt it will be decades. People know and like her as a character and similar to Batman and Superman, I feel people will always have some interest in checking it out as long as the trailer's exciting or they hear it's a good movie.

Her first movie was one of the most successful and well-received DC movies. There's no way they're gonna shelf her for decades.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I guess it will all depend on the success of Superman Legacy.