Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Justice League #42 Spoilers

Well, I will start it off to say the lasso worked on Metron.

We have mention of two of Diana's Rogue's Gallery. Minister Blizzard and Red Panzer (Or should I say Myrna Black's Rogue's Gallery)

Just what are you up to Mr. Johns with Diana?!? Hmmmm...
    Richard Alexander

Whatever it is I think its-- and pardon the typical solicit-like spin but I think its true--going to rock the history of the Amazons, not just Wonder Woman. This story has thus far just been excellent. Myrina and Grail have the potential to not only be fantastic long-lasting additions to Wonder Woman's rogue's gallery, but the entire DCU. Please don't kill off either of them.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm loving Darkseid War so much, seriously the best crossover involving Wonder Woman. Myrina Black is such a cool character, as well. I loved the nod to Minister Blizzard and Red Panzer, and her "room" seemed to have nods to other villains as well (the Cheetah, for example). The end was a bit hokey and over the top, though.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I loved the mentions of the Red Panzer and Minister Blizzard! Geoff is definitely doing his homework on Diana to be familiar with them. Now I'm wondering if Myrina was some sort of World War II Wonder Woman like Hippolyta was Pre-Flashpoint? Diana's line of how she does her best to prevent war was quite satisfying. Geoff has certainly learned from his earlier mistakes with Diana's characterization. The ending was great! I'm eager to find out who the Joker really is.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Well, I will start it off to say the lasso worked on Metron.
    It seemed to, but I wondered if that was part of his plan. Surely he didn't really bring the Justice League to the Rock of Eternity just to tell them to grab their loved ones, put their capes between their legs and head for the hills (or stars). Maybe his plan required Batman to borrow the chair, but he figured the untrusting caped crusader would only do that if his ally "discovered," seemingly against Metron's will, that the chair was the key.

Now I'm wondering if Myrina was some sort of World War II Wonder Woman like Hippolyta was Pre-Flashpoint?
    It could be, but I'm not really sure I want the WWII Wonder Woman to have been the Amazons' designated "assassin." It's interesting that they had an assassin even when they were pursuing their "great mission" of peace; maybe they turned from that mission because they'd been trying to settle conflict by fighting (like War teaches in WW 0) and they decided that this was self-defeating.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 07-15-2015 at 07:19 AM.

Myrina Black's power levels seems to confirm that the Amazon's are in fact super-human ... and to a pretty significant degree given her easy time against Mr. Miracle and her nonchalance about Lashina and Kanto.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Myrina Black's power levels seems to confirm that the Amazon's are in fact super-human ... and to a pretty significant degree given her easy time against Mr. Miracle and her nonchalance about Lashina and Kanto.
    Mr. Miracle is just baseline human/Peak Human in strength though isn't he? His only "Talent" is he can escape anything.

OR is that just how it used to be?
    Richard Alexander

Wonder Woman is getting a ton of page time in this story thus far. Very nice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I loved the mentions of the Red Panzer and Minister Blizzard! Geoff is definitely doing his homework on Diana to be familiar with them. Now I'm wondering if Myrina was some sort of World War II Wonder Woman like Hippolyta was Pre-Flashpoint? Diana's line of how she does her best to prevent war was quite satisfying. Geoff has certainly learned from his earlier mistakes with Diana's characterization. The ending was great! I'm eager to find out who the Joker really is.
    Yeah, thats what I was starting to think too.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Mr. Miracle is just baseline human/Peak Human in strength though isn't he? His only "Talent" is he can escape anything.

OR is that just how it used to be?
    I assume as the son of High Father he is somewhat enhanced v. Humans he is a New God after all and he wasn't instantly slaughtered when fighting Kanto and Lashina in the previous issue so it follows that he's more than human.

BANNED

johns seems to be doing what Morrison did for Batman. Put everything in canon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwenFan View Post
    it makes the story deeper.

very cool this solo wonder woman and friends. I'm really enjoying this storyline, it give another perspective into amazons and make their story more meaningful

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwenFan View Post
    Yeah--and if Myrina has been around for "decades" (and if that means more than by 2.3 decades) mustn't Diana have been around for longer than we thought, too (at least in Johns' version of continuity)? According to the FCBD book, Myrina left PI on the same night that Diana was born. If that was early enough for Myrina to have been active during WWII (which I realize is assuming a lot, since she could possibly have faced a neo-Nazi Red Panzer much later), Diana would be more like 73 than 23.

I'm not sure I like that, but in other respects, the more I think about it, the more OK I am with Myrina filling in the WW II "Wonder Woman" role, as long as she wasn't actually called Wonder Woman. As the Amazons' assassin who left Paradise Island in order to more pro-actively wage war against the warlike, she'd have been an anti-hero, leaving the way clear for Diana to still be the first real Amazon superhero (at least in modern times) as well as the first to bear the title Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 07-15-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    According to the FCBD book, Myrina left PI on the same night that Diana was born. If that was early enough for Myrina to have been active during WWII (which I realize is assuming a lot, since she could possibly have faced a neo-Nazi Red Panzer much later), Diana would be more like 73 than 23.
    Unless there is some sort of a curve ball, dude is throwing out totally goofy math and hoping no one checks his work.

BANNED

People probably age less on the island