Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Yeah--and if Myrina has been around for "decades" (and if that means more than by 2.3 decades) mustn't Diana have been around for longer than we thought, too (at least in Johns' version of continuity)? According to the FCBD book, Myrina left PI on the same night that Diana was born. If that was early enough for Myrina to have been active during WWII (which I realize is assuming a lot, since she could possibly have faced a neo-Nazi Red Panzer much later), Diana would be more like 73 than 23.

I'm not sure I like that, but in other respects, the more I think about it, the more OK I am with Myrina filling in the WW II "Wonder Woman" role, as long as she wasn't actually called Wonder Woman. As the Amazons' assassin who left Paradise Island in order to more pro-actively wage war against the warlike, she'd have been an anti-hero, leaving the way clear for Diana to still be the first real Amazon superhero (at least in modern times) as well as the first to bear the title Wonder Woman.
    Why are you assuming she fought panzer and blizzard after Diana and Grail's birth? Amazons are centuries old, it is quite possible all of this happened way before Diana and Grail were born.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Really liked it. It was awesome seeing the lasso force the answers out of a New God. And I really loved Diana thinking to herself that she does her best to find the solutions to wars before they start. Of course this comic has an action quota to fill, so no such luck, but I like that she's thinking it instead of being crazy barbarian woman.

Myrina's trophy room was fun. I loved the references to Red Panzer and Minister Blizzard (I wonder if that was actually him in that case? Maybe he'll break out if Johns doesn't forget he's there). Annoying that once again everybody but Diana seems to fighting her villains though. I wonder what was up with that stuffed cheetah? There's only one Cheetah in the new canon, and she came into being a few years prior to this arc. Did Myrina encounter Barbara, or is it gonna be "lol Convergence lol" again and Priscilla Rich is back in canon? SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Bruce being a literal Bat God made me smile, and I can't wait to see Fabok draw the Furies, Kalibak and Mantis.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Really liked it. It was awesome seeing the lasso force the answers out of a New God. And I really loved Diana thinking to herself that she does her best to find the solutions to wars before they start. Of course this comic has an action quota to fill, so no such luck, but I like that she's thinking it instead of being crazy barbarian woman.

Myrina's trophy room was fun. I loved the references to Red Panzer and Minister Blizzard (I wonder if that was actually him in that case? Maybe he'll break out if Johns doesn't forget he's there). Annoying that once again everybody but Diana seems to fighting her villains though. I wonder what was up with that stuffed cheetah? There's only one Cheetah in the new canon, and she came into being a few years prior to this arc. Did Myrina encounter Barbara, or is it gonna be "lol Convergence lol" again and Priscilla Rich is back in canon? SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Bruce being a literal Bat God made me smile, and I can't wait to see Fabok draw the Furies, Kalibak and Mantis.
    Hey, let's count our blessings. At least, it's a WW character this time.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Hey, let's count our blessings. At least, it's a WW character this time.
    True. Anything's better than Green Arrow and Superboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Yeah--and if Myrina has been around for "decades" (and if that means more than by 2.3 decades) mustn't Diana have been around for longer than we thought, too (at least in Johns' version of continuity)? According to the FCBD book, Myrina left PI on the same night that Diana was born. If that was early enough for Myrina to have been active during WWII (which I realize is assuming a lot, since she could possibly have faced a neo-Nazi Red Panzer much later), Diana would be more like 73 than 23.

I'm not sure I like that, but in other respects, the more I think about it, the more OK I am with Myrina filling in the WW II "Wonder Woman" role, as long as she wasn't actually called Wonder Woman. As the Amazons' assassin who left Paradise Island in order to more pro-actively wage war against the warlike, she'd have been an anti-hero, leaving the way clear for Diana to still be the first real Amazon superhero (at least in modern times) as well as the first to bear the title Wonder Woman.
    Well, the way she tells the story it's possible that she was still the "Amazon Assassin" during WWII and then later chose to leave the Amazon's ... given how young she still appears (and relative to Hessia aging) it seems like she hasn't been a non-Amazon for all that long.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Well, the way she tells the story it's possible that she was still the "Amazon Assassin" during WWII and then later chose to leave the Amazon's ... given how young she still appears (and relative to Hessia aging) it seems like she hasn't been a non-Amazon for all that long.
    Assuming that Geoff Johns and Charles Soule abided the same set of norms but they probably didn't. Whatever Soule established in Superman/Wonder Woman has little to no bearing in Justice League. Like the amazons being a peacekeeping corps created by the Gods is probably not what Azzarello was going with, the Wonderverse is a disorderly mess, don't waste your time making sense of it

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    Assuming that Geoff Johns and Charles Soule abided the same set of norms but they probably didn't. Whatever Soule established in Superman/Wonder Woman has little to no bearing in Justice League. Like the amazons being a peacekeeping corps created by the Gods is probably not what Azzarello was going with, the Wonderverse is a disorderly mess, don't waste your time making sense of it
    I don't think it's any worse than any of the other 'verses to be honest. Continuity is a constantly shifting thing, we all sort through it in our own personal ways

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I don't think it's any worse than any of the other 'verses to be honest. Continuity is a constantly shifting thing, we all sort through it in our own personal ways
    Sure but some consistency wouldn't go amiss in my opinion

Excited to hear some mentions of other Wonder villains and to read this. Will be interesting to see if they're throwaway characters that Johns used to grow the threat of Myrina. Will think about that as I read it and see how she develops in relation to the current and history of the Wonder rogues.

Don't amazons age normally in the New 52?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Don't amazons age normally in the New 52?
    Hippolyta said her mother sat on the Throne for a thousand years and Derinoe was the only old Amazon on the Island and she was cursed. So Amazons are Immortal here

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrap View Post
    Hippolyta said her mother sat on the Throne for a thousand years and Derinoe was the only old Amazon on the Island and she was cursed. So Amazons are Immortal here
    well exoristos also didn't got any older on demon knights

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    well exoristos also didn't got any older on demon knights
    Demon Knights took place pre-new 52 and no one can tell me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    Sure but some consistency wouldn't go amiss in my opinion
    I'm usually fine with consistency within the title ... Once things start crossing over it always becomes a mess

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I wish Wonder Woman was this good in her own comic.
    Justice League is crafting an incredible story with Wonder Woman squarely at the center of a DCU spanning tale. Beautiful artwork and consistent characterization (from panel to panel even)...is this too much to expect from her own series? I wouldn't think so. But oh well.