Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I'm usually fine with consistency within the title ... Once things start crossing over it always becomes a mess
    I mean consistency in Wonder Woman's mythos like Batman and Superman have. They need to build up the wonderworld and stick with it, and they need to build it well and actually put some thought into it, like they should just have me do it

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    I mean consistency in Wonder Woman's mythos like Batman and Superman have. They need to build up the wonderworld and stick with it, and they need to build it well and actually put some thought into it, like they should just have me do it
    LOL ... I guess I just don't mind all that much. As long as I like the story being told I can work around inconsistency and continuity mistakes.

BANNED

Although I wish some of the more fantastical aspects of the Superman mythos were more consistent (His 'training period' with the LOS, for example), I think that the 'inconsistent' WW mythos has the advantadge of updating itself more easily. I wish that updates to Clark's job at the Daily Planet had changed some 20 years ago - he should have been a freelancer correspondent. I also have even more heretical thoughts: He should have evolved into a research businessman like it seems Peter Parker partially did before Marvel's reboot.

Diana has updated without too much drama from the fandom. I guess it's more forgivable since it acompanied changes to women's conquests in the professional market. She was a nurse, boutique owner, intelligence officer, full time heroine/ambassador without a secret ID, now in the movie they're back to some form of secret ID. Of course changes to the amazons weren't always good. Still I think it's kind of a blessing in disguise.

I like what they're doing with the Amazons here, but if I had to be a wet blanket, I would point out that here's another story about the Amazons and front and center once again is not WW herself.

BANNED

What Ms. Black's Trophy room tells you is the same thing the Prison the Minotaur was in tells you, and what the Varios Otherworldly shit Imprisoned in Batwomen tells you. The Amazons had a Duty to track down Supernatural creatures and People who Pervert Power and imprison and cull them. They Got a turned against somewhere along doing their duty and turned against their Duty for the most part for the safety of Paradise Island. They Still Protect the World from Dooms-Doorway when it opens but other then the small amount of Agents it sends to the Mortal World, They Stay to themselves. We don't know how long they have been Isolated but we Know from Exoritas that it was even before her time that this all happened. And The Arab Warrior from Demon Knights says the Amazonians have stopped venturing out less and less during his own life-time.

Basically I take it they Were Magical Warriors to Protect the world from various threats, They got betrayed and it hurt them greatly as a people that they retreated from the world almost completely and over time their presense was felt less and less until recently with Diana coming out against Darkseid and Being in the Justice League putting them on the map again. I think the Diana should work on reforming her People back into their old job and bring them more close to the modern world. Because it's not the way they left it, better in alot of ways, worse in some.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    Why are you assuming she fought panzer and blizzard after Diana and Grail's birth? Amazons are centuries old, it is quite possible all of this happened way before Diana and Grail were born.
    The day of Diana and Grail's birth was also the day Myrina left Paradise Island, according to Johns' Darkseid War prelude in Divergence #1 (the Free Comic Book Day book). And it seems unlikely that Myrina fought Panzer and Blizzard, and protected her "mission temple" in the "modern world," while she was still living on the island among the Amazons, who had abandoned their "great mission."
    Last edited by Silvanus; 07-15-2015 at 09:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    The day of Diana and Grail's birth was also the day Myrina left Paradise Island, according to Johns' Darkseid War prelude in Divergence #1 (the Free Comic Book Day book). And it seems unlikely that Myrina fought Panzer and Blizzard, and protected her "mission temple" in the "modern world," while she was still living on the island among the Amazons, who had abandoned their "great mission."
    But the Amazons Abandoned the Great mission a long time ago. and they near Immortal. She most likely used the Mission temple as a base as she acted as an Assassin. You are thinking way to narrow about all this to justify your point of view.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Although I wish some of the more fantastical aspects of the Superman mythos were more consistent (His 'training period' with the LOS, for example), I think that the 'inconsistent' WW mythos has the advantadge of updating itself more easily. I wish that updates to Clark's job at the Daily Planet had changed some 20 years ago - he should have been a freelancer correspondent. I also have even more heretical thoughts: He should have evolved into a research businessman like it seems Peter Parker partially did before Marvel's reboot.

Diana has updated without too much drama from the fandom. I guess it's more forgivable since it acompanied changes to women's conquests in the professional market. She was a nurse, boutique owner, intelligence officer, full time heroine/ambassador without a secret ID, now in the movie they're back to some form of secret ID. Of course changes to the amazons weren't always good. Still I think it's kind of a blessing in disguise.
    Not sure "updated" is the word I would use, Marston's was, in many ways, the best Wonder Woman conceptually and from then onwards, it's been one step forward, 2 steps back for Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    She was assassin, if she had never ventured outside of Island who do you think she was assassinating all this time? Other amazons? Monsters from doom's doorway? When Grail was born she left island forever but it doesn't mean she never left island to carryout assassinations prior to that.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    What Ms. Black's Trophy room tells you is the same thing the Prison the Minotaur was in tells you, and what the Varios Otherworldly shit Imprisoned in Batwomen tells you. The Amazons had a Duty to track down Supernatural creatures and People who Pervert Power and imprison and cull them. They Got a turned against somewhere along doing their duty and turned against their Duty for the most part for the safety of Paradise Island. They Still Protect the World from Dooms-Doorway when it opens but other then the small amount of Agents it sends to the Mortal World, They Stay to themselves. We don't know how long they have been Isolated but we Know from Exoritas that it was even before her time that this all happened. And The Arab Warrior from Demon Knights says the Amazonians have stopped venturing out less and less during his own life-time.

Basically I take it they Were Magical Warriors to Protect the world from various threats, They got betrayed and it hurt them greatly as a people that they retreated from the world almost completely and over time their presense was felt less and less until recently with Diana coming out against Darkseid and Being in the Justice League putting them on the map again. I think the Diana should work on reforming her People back into their old job and bring them more close to the modern world. Because it's not the way they left it, better in alot of ways, worse in some.
    This would be an excellent storyline for Wonder Woman and the Amazons and something I wouldnt mind seeing them follow through with at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I loved the mentions of the Red Panzer and Minister Blizzard! Geoff is definitely doing his homework on Diana to be familiar with them. Now I'm wondering if Myrina was some sort of World War II Wonder Woman like Hippolyta was Pre-Flashpoint? Diana's line of how she does her best to prevent war was quite satisfying. Geoff has certainly learned from his earlier mistakes with Diana's characterization. The ending was great! I'm eager to find out who the Joker really is.
    yeah that was a really interesting implication that Myrna may have been the WWII Wonder Woman. i guess it's kind of a big part of the character's history so they didnt want to just throw away her connection to WWII. spoilers:
    plus Johns does have a tendency to push concepts that may be used in upcoming movies. we've heard about concept art shown at Comic Con depicting Wonder Woman standing with WWII soldiers. so maybe there's a flashback of Diana fighting Nazis.
    end of spoilers
    im pretty sure they will never officially reveal the Joker's true identity. but it's cool seeing Bruce find out who he is since Joker now knows Batman's secret identity.

BANNED

Not sure "updated" is the word I would use, Marston's was, in many ways, the best Wonder Woman conceptually and from then onwards, it's been one step forward, 2 steps back for Wonder Woman.
    these so called "updates" feel more like downgrades. working close to waht Marston did is the better way, he brought unique things into wonder woman that still unique because most creators went the easy way.
    where monsters dwell seems a parody of the amazons on new 52

BANNED

I think Geoff is doing good job by giving these villains away to other characters, at least they will be somewhat relevant. It is quite obvious minister blizzard and red panzer are no threat to Wonder Woman, better give then away than dumb down Diana to make them look formidable opponents.

BANNED

I would love it if Geoff reintroduced old Wonder Woman villains as Argus or Amazon villains. Better give them to Steve trevor or Myrina black then have them appear in batman and green arrow books.

Mighty Member

Good issue. Batman taking Metron's chair was fun, and from the look of it there'll be more from where that came from. More wild stuff.

I really dig the focus on Diana and Scott in this story as well. Seems like it'll explore boths' backgrounds.

As for inconsistencies. Doesn't bother me much. Story over continuity. Especially with the multi-multiversity (Grant Morrison's word for it) thing that's going on. And besides, Superman without 5D imps or loss of powers, all the shenanigans going on in the Batman titles or some adjustments/changes to Diana's background: that doesn't change much who they are and what they're about.

Btw. Seems like Superman and Wonder Woman's "thing" isn't that much of a focus in this JLA story?