Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They did learn, in point of fact. Thats' why the multiverse was brought back in the first place in 2006. Clutterearth fixed nothing and they finally realized that. Why do you think as the years wore on they started jumping through hoops desperately trying to find new ways to bring back good old concepts that the Crisis killed off, or introduced things such as Hypertime? Because the singular Earth model that the Crisis created was unsustainable. Finally they had the good sense to just bring back the original idea that worked.
    well even without a multiverse DC still published Elseworlds line, so having only one earth wasn't a block to write about a multiverse. DC on Flashpoint keep it a multiverse, at least this they really learned but DC just getting their continuity more and more confuse/convoluted

It doesn't need to be, its not relevant to this story. At least not yet. Maybe it will later, or maybe it won't.
    so why have the two character dating if it isn't important? with the focus on wonder woman a mention could be made, then Johns choose to expose what her feels about ttrevor
    Last edited by Tayswift; 07-22-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Yes it was a block, because they clearly wanted certain concepts to return to the mainline that they had figure out new, and more often than not, inferior ways to do it without the multiverse concept. For example, the Elseworlds line existing didn't change the fact that Power Girl's origin and status quo in Clutterearth was completely ridiculous and unworkable without the multiverse.

so why have the two character dating if it isn't important? with the focus on wonder woman a mention could be made, then Johns choose to expose what her feels about ttrevor
    You seriously just asked why they're dating at all if they're not specifically pointed out as a couple two issues into a story in which the team is fighting for their lives in the middle of a war between gods? Its important in SM/WW, its not required to be a big point of focus everywhere else or else there's no point to it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-22-2015 at 07:12 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by edgar5203 View Post

Not an azzarelo fan, but he redefined wonder woman. Why not build on it and force the new writer to do so?
    Because it's not Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Yes it was a block, because they clearly wanted certain concepts to return to the mainline that they had figure out new, and more often than not, inferior ways to do it without the multiverse concept. For example, the Elseworlds line existing didn't change the fact that Power Girl's origin and status quo in Clutterearth was completely ridiculous and unworkable without the multiverse.

You seriously just asked why they're dating at all if they're not specifically pointed out as a couple two issues into a story in which the team is fighting for their lives in the middle of a war between gods? Its important in SM/WW, its not required to be a big point of focus everywhere else or else there's no point to it.
    well powergirl had her story all messed up because: 1 superman was stated to be last kryptonian and 2. her heart was gone. dark times for power girl fans;

well I was reading x-men comics, the mention that Kitty is dating starlord come many times. On JL there is a lot of focus on wonder woman, many monologues and she never mention superman, that is very weird. two issues? it is not mentioned for more than 2 issues, and there is plenty of space on her monologues. seems like she had enough time to wonder about trevor. maybe johns focus is elsewhere

Power Girl's story was messed up because she was designed to be a Supergirl from another Earth. She couldn't be that without the multiverse. So they had to try and figure out a different origin and nothing worked.

That's fine for the X-Men comic. But that storyline would have worked just fine without mentioning who Kitty is dating. There's no right or wrong way of going about it. They can mention it or they can not. If its not relevant to the story at hand it simply does not matter.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Power Girl's story was messed up because she was designed to be a Supergirl from another Earth. She couldn't be that without the multiverse. So they had to try and figure out a different origin and nothing worked.

That's fine for the X-Men comic. But that storyline would have worked just fine without mentioning who Kitty is dating. There's no right or wrong way of going about it. They can mention it or they can not. If its not relevant to the story at hand it simply does not matter.
    well the story could work without mentioning kitty and starlord for sure, but it wouldn't give a look on how kitty love life and focus was changing. it's part of what the characters, motivations. another thing is light the flames of another ship too, that would be less relevant to the story

Mighty Member

That magic lasso is invincible

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    I really dig the focus on Diana and Scott in this story as well. Seems like it'll explore boths' backgrounds.
    I can definitely see Diana and Scott relating to one another over being abandoned by/not having a connection with their "divine" fathers. Diana might be able to shed some light on that for Scott since she didn't find out until recently and has maintained a level of happiness about it since finding the rest of her family. Same thing could be said for Grail. Since Anti-Monitor is possibly functioning as her surrogate father it'll be interesting to she who Mobius is revealed to be and his connection to the New Gods. I'm wondering if the father theme will come full circle with him somehow.

They'll be getting some time together when Gods and Men starts up. They'll be the only two unaffected since they're already gods so they'll be trying to revert the JL members who were transformed.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk80 View Post
    Because it's not Wonder Woman.
    Do you think the Finches are writing Wonder Woman?

A "hero" who is first a demi-goddess and then a goddess and can barely handle tear gas? Draws her sword agains a fellow amazon and chops her arm off (someone who should be infinitely less powerful than her)?

A goddess/hero who can take on Kryptonians and can barely handle what for all intents and purposes are a normal amazon or a teen age boy?

Again... did not like Azzarelo, but at least his Wonder Woman was written logically and with respect to the readership and character. I can recognize that.

The Finches seem lost in the weeds.

Amazing Member

How can anyone like things that you don't like? You really are confused by that concept?

As far as being in shambles...well just because you say something doesn't make it so. Give some examples. How is it in shambles fan-wise? Books are selling. How is it in shambles media wise? Outside of its two popular television shows, a third on the way, a lucrative animation department, and an upstart film continuity. Anyone can throw out words. Back it up.
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/22/60...-its-not-close

That doesn't back up your claim. That says Marvel's movie earnings are way better. We all know that already. You didn't say "Marvel makes higher-grossing films." You said DC as a whole is in shambles. That link does absolutley nothing to substantiate that.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-24-2015 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgar5203 View Post
    Do you think the Finches are writing Wonder Woman?

A "hero" who is first a demi-goddess and then a goddess and can barely handle tear gas? Draws her sword agains a fellow amazon and chops her arm off (someone who should be infinitely less powerful than her)?

A goddess/hero who can take on Kryptonians and can barely handle what for all intents and purposes are a normal amazon or a teen age boy?

Again... did not like Azzarelo, but at least his Wonder Woman was written logically and with respect to the readership and character. I can recognize that.

The Finches seem lost in the weeds.
    Nope. No Wonder Woman. The Finches are writing... something... don't know what is it. But at least their mess is happening faster than the previous mess.
    As for Azz respecting readership and character... I strongly disagree (Not the place to say why... again). Nothing built on the shoulders of Azz will ever be WW.