Default Power Development

Ok, so you are born in a world where the X-Gene is active and presents itself in humans constantly. You idolize the X-Men and other mutants who do the right thing despite being demonized in the media. Then around your 13th B-day, you find some strange happenings. You've hit puberty, but aside from added hair and some surprise body odor, you find that you are developing something else. Yes... You are a mutant and in this trying times when you are discovering the new changes in your body you are now also discovering your new latent powers.

Share with us here at the Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters what brought you here. What are your powers and what can you do.

*They could be made up powers that you came up with yourself or just some borrowed from other mutants, but please explain how you'd use them to your own advantage. And allow for others to comment on them and come up with downsides and up turns to your power list.

I personally would have a power similar to Bishop. Mine however, would deal with kinetic energy. For example, if I would get hit by a bat, or shot with a regular bullet or even hit by a vehicle, my body would absorb the kinetic energy of the object. This absorption would then be utilized in several different ways. I could for-example, store the excess energy in my body's cellular structure and speed up my body's healing ability, not like the hulk or wolverine, but more than a normal human would be able to. It would also give an endless supply to my cellular structure so that energy would not be a problem and prevent decay effectively causing my aging to slow down dramatically (as long as there is stored energy available and I do not expel it). I would also be able to redirect the energy right back out. Not like a lazer beam or anything but say I get hit in the face by Colossus, I could absorb this energy and focus the release of it at a single point from the tip of my finger. If I were to absorb enough energy, the concussive force behind the release could be enough to blast a hole through a few inches of solid steel. The down side is that with the absorption of the energy there is an increase of my body's mass, meaning that I would literally get bigger and bigger the more I absorb, but being as there is an upped limit as to how much mass I have in my body I eventually would become bloated with energy and if I kept absorbing without a release it would eventually make me detonate in a violent release of energy equivalent to the old U.S. bomb Little Boy which is around 16-20 kilotonnes of force.

I thought about this power while reading World War Hulk and thought that if I could take a hit from him and redirect that same for onto him, but only more focused then I could, in a precise tactical strike, blow his head off or atleast incapacitate him enough to bring him down.