Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default "Back to the Future," Eastman & Bisley Team Up in IDW's October 2015 Solicitations

"Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" gets trippy, Bob Gale brings the '80s time travel classic to comics, "Fistful of Blood" debuts and more from IDW.

Full article here.

So no remake will ever be made while he is alive but he will adapt it to comics

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    This isn't a remake of a movie that doesn't need to be remade.

And it isn't an adaptation of existing material.

It's an extension of the franchise as it exists, telling different stories, just as the cartoon and video games were... and we hope everyone has as much fun with it as we are.
    Writer of comics including Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Scarlet Spider, and even some creator owned stuff. Follow me on Twitter @erikburnham

Yeah, I didn't think it was hard to understand what this was or the difference.

Sam Keith MAXX Artist Edition!!!!!!!!!

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Of all of IDW's remaining 2015 comics, I'm looking forward to Back to the Future the most! I will be buying all four issues, and hopefully more issues will be released later in 2016. Four issues is way too short for Back to the Future. Of course I'm glad it's getting 4 issues to begin with though, and I can't wait to buy and read each issue.

Besides BTTF, I'll be buying Walt Disney Comics & Stories: 75th Anniversary Special and most likely Donald Duck #6 for the "The Diabolical Duck Avenger" conclusion.

Nice to see October Faction #9 returning in October, the last issue ended on a cliffhanger back in mid-June.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

From the headline I thought that Back to the Future was going to be drawn by Bisley. Now wouldn't that have been a trip! lol

Extraordinary Member

The usual:
    TMNT #51 (no relaunch!)
    X-Files: Season 11 #3
    Jem and the Holograms #8

Definitely adding Back to the Future #1 to my list, it will have to replace Ghostbusters and looks fun.

Might pick up Fistful of Blood #1, but I really don't know much about it other than Eastman's name attached to it.

Noticed there is not TMNT mini. Are they taking a break or stopping with these? Will Batman/TMNT be the next one?

What book are you referring to?

BANNED

I'm going to definitely trying to get the Back to the Future one. I also may want to see the Donald Duck one because I sort of played the Duck Avenger on the PS2 and I always wanted to see its origin.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I'm going to definitely trying to get the Back to the Future one. I also may want to see the Donald Duck one because I sort of played the Duck Avenger on the PS2 and I always wanted to see its origin.
    I sort of wanted to play the Duck Avenger on the PS2, so you're lucky to have played it.

I actually would be very interested in reading an ongoing Duck Avenger/PK comic series.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    What book are you referring to?
    Back to the future. Frankly I would rather see a remake than a continuation so long after the last movie.

Empire Uprising for sure and maybe BTTF and Fistful of Blood. (Anybody read it?)

Getting TMNT in trade.

Am tempted to jump on GI Joe but not sure my budget will allow...

BANNED

Jem And The Holograms#8
    My Little Pony Friendship is magic#38
    Transformers: Robots In Disguise(Animated)#4
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Amazing Adventures#3(Maybe...Marvel's making me reconsider what i get....Prices are crazy across the board there)

Back to the future. Frankly I would rather see a remake than a continuation so long after the last movie.
    Ah okay. It is a time travel movie, so we could have both, a bit like the new Terminator.

Astonishing Member

3 transformers (but not animated)
    st/gl(maybe)

dropping(moneywise) trek
    Last edited by steve2275; 07-18-2015 at 01:08 PM.