Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    Totally agree, it is a quality title.
    It really, really is! It's a matter of getting other people to pick it up and read it! That's why I think buying extra copies is a nice step in the right direction. People will be more inclined to give it a chance if it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    Argh, so I guess this book won't have a #13?
    That has not yet been confirmed! So don't give up hope! Now is the time to fight to save it!

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    I bought the original back in the day, I miss Night Thrasher, Nova, Silhouette, and Namorita. Glad that Speedball is back, I hated Penance, I guess they did that to rough up the character? This new team was cool and I love Chris Yost work (he wrote Avengers Earths Mightiest Hero's).
    I miss my Namorita too - but I dig this team as well!

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    I am loving this title so much. It has so much of what made the original run so great. I hope that it's not cancelled at #12. Marvel has tried several times to make a teen superhero team work, but just hasn't got it right. So frustrating. I'm doing what I can to help out. I pre-order and buy extra copies at the LCS. Here's to more issues!
    You are doing the work of angels!
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    I think the under 20,000 sales mark is the death knell for many series, especially when it is so new to have fallen so hard. It is a shame too, I feel if they would have went with a majority of the original characters it would have been more impactful (even though most are dead...).
    It's tough. I agree in that I think starting out with a largely new cast didn't do the book any favors, but the majority of the original Warriors have been out of the spotlight (or dead) for so long now that I'm not sure they would have brought in much greater numbers either. I don't know that Firestar brings such a large and devoted fanbase with her that her presence could have made a difference. That's not to say that I think it was doomed from the start, but rather that it was always going to be a tough sell. The book could use greater promotion than it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I don't know. I think people who like the New Warriors, just seem to care that Speedball is there. And that it has a good writer and artist. This book has everything, every New Warriors fan, could want for it to succeed.
    This is truly one of the best books Marvel is currently putting out. It's pure superhero entertainment, with a lot of the feel of the original series and ties to the wider Marvel U. I mean, Wundagore! Who goes to Transia anymore? No one, that's who.

And for the record, I read it for Justice, not Speedball. Poor Vance gets no love, I tell ya...

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    I am loving this title so much. It has so much of what made the original run so great. I hope that it's not cancelled at #12. Marvel has tried several times to make a teen superhero team work, but just hasn't got it right. So frustrating. I'm doing what I can to help out. I pre-order and buy extra copies at the LCS. Here's to more issues!
    Thank goodness for fans like you Baltiroo! Thank you for going above and beyond to help keep our Warriors alive!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    That has not yet been confirmed! So don't give up hope! Now is the time to fight to save it!
    Spoken like a true Warrior!

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    It's tough. I agree in that I think starting out with a largely new cast didn't do the book any favors, but the majority of the original Warriors have been out of the spotlight (or dead) for so long now that I'm not sure they would have brought in much greater numbers either. I don't know that Firestar brings such a large and devoted fanbase with her that her presence could have made a difference. That's not to say that I think it was doomed from the start, but rather that it was always going to be a tough sell. The book could use greater promotion than it gets.

This is truly one of the best books Marvel is currently putting out. It's pure superhero entertainment, with a lot of the feel of the original series and ties to the wider Marvel U. I mean, Wundagore! Who goes to Transia anymore? No one, that's who.

And for the record, I read it for Justice, not Speedball. Poor Vance gets no love, I tell ya...
    Justice is one of my favorites as well. Ever since his Marvel Boy days! I really liked him in Avengers: Intiative and basically bought the book each month just because he was in it. He was drawn really well in that too by Stefano Casselli. What is Casselli working on now?

This hurts! a lot! I'm sorry Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedball View Post
    Justice is one of my favorites as well. Ever since his Marvel Boy days! I really liked him in Avengers: Intiative and basically bought the book each month just because he was in it. He was drawn really well in that too by Stefano Casselli. What is Casselli working on now?
    Ha. I bought Initiative solely for Justice too. He was my favorite Warrior from issue one of the first run, and I've followed him around ever since. He's such a great underutilized character.

Caselli is on Avengers World, though I think the artists rotate on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    wait! these ain't the New Warriors!

where is Rage, Justice, Firestar, Nighttrasher, Namorita, Darkhawk, Turbo? If they cant use Justice and Firestar due to the M-word beef with Fox. Use Aegis or ummmm Vampire Jubilee? No disrespect to...Iron(?) I thought it was Scarlet Spider.

Or mix it up with Young Avengers/Avengers Academy/ Runaways. They may not technically be New Warriors but they fit the mold for the team.
    Last edited by Likewater; 07-23-2014 at 08:13 PM.

What. In. The. World!? This is getting crazy.

First off, thank you for posting this Trevel. I was actually waiting to see some clips from the "New Warriors" episode and hoping someone would post something up.

Now, let's take a look at these credits at the start of the clip.

Joe Quesada - The guy who used to joke about killing off Speedball.
    Jeph Loeb - The guy who many believe destroyed Nova.
    Stephen Wacker - The guy who loves torturing and tormenting Richard Rider fans.
    Brian Michael Bendis - The guy who wrote the memory of Rich Rider out of the Guardians of the Galaxy and inexplicably depicted Speedball getting the pulp beat out of him in the Marvel Heroes game.

Now, these guys join together to intentionally create an episode about "New Warriors" that has no ties to the "New Warriors".

I mean why does Marvel pay to renew the New Warriors trademark if this is how they are going to waste the name? Wouldn't it have been a smarter business decision to actually include some "New Warriors" in this? I am not just saying this as a fan, but wouldn't Speedball or Silohuette or Rage or Night Thrasher have fit in to the concept of this episode better than Kazar or the giant cat? This is a travesty.

With these individuals making the decisions on the media side of Marvel, is there any hope that we will ever see our favorite characters represented well in TV shows, movies or video games?

According to the official press release provided to the media at the announcement for season 3, Speedball is supposed to make an appearance at some point this season. I remain hopeful that he will end up being depicted in a worthy manner and not like his unveiling in the Ultimate comic universe.

Speedball_(Earth-1610).jpg
    Last edited by Speedball; 07-24-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Cloak and Dagger would make sense actually, Squirrel Girl? fine why not! the rest I can't recognize the platinum blonde under dagger could be anyone.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Cloak and Dagger would make sense actually, Squirrel Girl? fine why not! the rest I can't recognize the platinum blonde under dagger could be anyone.
    The guy under Cloak is Gravity who would also work pretty well as a Warrior, I would think.

The best team would certainly be the first four. Dagger, Cloak, Speedball and Gravity. Alongside Spidey they'd be a great New Warriors team (especially since two of then did belong to the real Warriors). The rest, not so much. The ones they did pick... WTF?

Peace

BANNED

Could the one under Dagger be Speedball in a new costume? The "google eye" thing is going on with that mask and he has the open top cowl and blonde hair.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDemon View Post
    Could the one under Dagger be Speedball in a new costume? The "google eye" thing is going on with that mask and he has the open top cowl and blonde hair.
    The one under Dagger is Speedball. He looks to be in a rendition of his Volume 3/Civil War uniform. Suposedly he will have a bigger part in the show later in the season. I hope they portray him with some measure of respect.