Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    great. that sounds even more depressing. i don't want to be a complainer. but it's like they are going out of their way to disappoint me. i've never been interested in resurrected corpses or deathloks. it's a visual that i just don't like. plus it would mean that he's controlled by someone else. the entire appeal was that his skill was his own. he was raised to be on the level of superhumans w/o necessarily being a superhuman. Tai and Chord are dead. i don't want Dwayne to be a tool of others anymore. *sigh* @#$** you Donyell!!
    Yeah but in these times, you take what you can get if you like the fringe characters like NT. It could be Dethlok story, then a few months later have him back as NT..anyways it doesnt look like he is the new Lok for what its worth.

Cool Art from the guy who started it all! Big fan of this series!

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post

Cool Art from the guy who started it all! Big fan of this series!
    Cool pic. Wonder if they'll ever get Bags to do interiors in an issue?

Peace

You know, I think the book could lose the Inhuman kid (no idea what his name is) and not suffer at all. get better even, because more focus could be put on the other characters, all of whom are interesting.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    You know, I think the book could lose the Inhuman kid (no idea what his name is) and not suffer at all. get better even, because more focus could be put on the other characters, all of whom are interesting.
    I have to agree here. What exactly is his power? Turning into a giant fire breathing horned dog? Send him off with Medusa and be the better for it.

BANNED

As a kid I loved the New Warriors under Fabien Nicieza and I enjoyed issue 1 of this new series but I will also be picking this up in TPB when its released.

Spectacular Member devinofthedead's Avatar

Man this book is incredible. Hopefully it sales enough to hang around. At least long enough for Yost to tell a great story.

The new season of Ultimate Spider-Man called Web Warriors has Spider-Man recruiting super powered teens for SHIELD which Nick Fury refers to them as New Warriors in episode 3 "Agent Venom." 8 super powered teens are shown on SHIELD's screens but its rumored several more will be appearing in season 3 than those seen on the screens.

Quote Originally Posted by devinofthedead View Post
    Man this book is incredible. Hopefully it sales enough to hang around. At least long enough for Yost to tell a great story.
    Well they look real low..and I'm pissed!

This is a nice little book, and a good solid effort from Yost....Marvel on the other hand ANNOYS ME TO NO END.

yeah I am happy they gave NW a shot..always am.

BUT they will "feature" the New Warriors when it comes to humiliating and destroying them to serve an event (Civil War) but when it comes to launching a new book, this book basically got no help. The New Warriors should have featured into original sin or even infinity. This core team was made up of several new characters and a few modest selling solo characters. It needed more of a punch to work and marvel gave it NO help.

And dont get me wrong, but the book needed more help from Marvel to work.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    Well they look real low..and I'm pissed!

This is a nice little book, and a good solid effort from Yost....Marvel on the other hand ANNOYS ME TO NO END.

yeah I am happy they gave NW a shot..always am.

BUT they will "feature" the New Warriors when it comes to humiliating and destroying them to serve an event (Civil War) but when it comes to launching a new book, this book basically got no help. The New Warriors should have featured into original sin or even infinity. This core team was made up of several new characters and a few modest selling solo characters. It needed more of a punch to work and marvel gave it NO help.

And dont get me wrong, but the book needed more help from Marvel to work.
    As far as the sales numbers are concerned, that's only one aspect I suppose. Digital sales (Comixology) are another, as is the fact that as it's at a slightly higher price point in theory it will give Marvel a tad more profit than a lower priced book would be. It's no revelation that budgets are stretched these days and customers often go with what they know (i.e. any of the many X-Men/Avengers/spin-off titles) rather than something new, and that means titles which deserve their chance to shine tend to get overlooked.

Just trying to keep positive, because for every negative thing published on the internet ninety percent of readers believe it, whether it's true or not. I just made up those numbers (like most internet statistics) but the point stands.

I hope there is a massive crossover event between New Warriors and Yost's new X-men series at some point, especially as Kaine met Wolverine and some of the other X-Men during the Scarlet Spider run. I would also hope that as Kaine (I imagine) features in Spider-Verse there are some elements of the New Warriors shown in there to pique the interest of some additional readers.

New Warriors next week! How do you think the Avengers are gonna react to seeing Justice and Speedball back in action?

Has anyone read issue 7 yet today? Any thoughts or spoilers you would like to share with those of us at work who won't be able to make it down to our local shops before they close tonight?

The New Warriors...one of my favorite series and groups of all time.

I'll be an odd one here...my favorites are Timeslip, Ultragirl, and Silhouette (can't wait for her to appear soon in the new series).

Silohuette and Timeslip were amazing! Whatever happened to Timeslip anyway?

Loved the current issue. Not too into the Inhumans, but so glad that the surprise guest star at the end had me smiling!!

Baltiroo... who was it!?