Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

i have a feeling it will sink this book folks waiting on the trade..

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    i have a feeling it will sink this book folks waiting on the trade..
    Possibly, but I think the trade comes out in July collecting the first six issues. And I think you can pre-order it now already (thus helping the comic to continue past #12).

Or am I mistaken? Does it get cheaper if one were to pre-order it? If so, what are the possible channels to preorder it?

It seems it is already available on Amazon at $13.94, (though it says it will be released on September 9 on that site): http://www.amazon.com/New-Warriors-K...dp/0785154531/

The original series is still one of my favourites of all time. Absolutely loved it at the time, and still do today. Subsequent volumes have just gotten worse each time. This new volume though, Yost is doing something quite right here. I really hope it catches on, because I am loving it. I love how he has brought back the Evolutionaries from his X-Men run and turned them into agents of High Evolutionary. It's using characters and concepts like these, that already exist in the MU, that make me really appreciate a writer.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    The original series is still one of my favourites of all time. Absolutely loved it at the time, and still do today. Subsequent volumes have just gotten worse each time. This new volume though, Yost is doing something quite right here. I really hope it catches on, because I am loving it. I love how he has brought back the Evolutionaries from his X-Men run and turned them into agents of High Evolutionary. It's using characters and concepts like these, that already exist in the MU, that make me really appreciate a writer.
    agreed on Yost...I will say the Grievioux series was somewhat underrated..it was a lousy "New Warriors" title but a decent "Night Thrasher II and his band of ex-mutants" title i ended up really enjoying it.

Ultimate Member

agreed on Yost...I will say the Grievioux series was somewhat underrated..it was a lousy "New Warriors" title but a decent "Night Thrasher II and his band of ex-mutants" title i ended up really enjoying it.
    Agreed. Kevin G's hands were really tied, but IMO he did an excellent job regardless.

Right Now I think its somewhere on Par with the Grievioux run. There is a few unknowns on the team, and its up to Yost to make them interesting.

New Warriors #1 in 1990 was the first comic book I ever bought and the first 26 issues of that series are close to the best run I've ever read. I was never really into comics and just picked up the issue because I went into the comic store with a friend and wanted something to read on the bus trip home. It was an issue 1 so I thought I'd be able to jump in an not be confused. Funny to think that if I had just picked up a random issue of something else I might have have never bought another comic again, instead of the 8000...ish I now have.

My comic shop is under strict orders from me to pimp New Wariors to everyone, and if it gets cancelled I'm holding a wake!

Also, if Justice and Firestar get back together I'll never ask for anything else ever again...(except maybe Rich and Nita, or Kitty and Colossus, or Gambit and Rogue...but no others I promise)

I really hated that version of NW (stuck with it all the way up to the end, though. Call me a masochist, but I'm that much of a Warriors fan, and the art, for most of it, except for the most important issues, which were the confrontation with the remains of original team, and a couple of others, was okay, sometimes even pretty good). A bunch of boring former x-babies bitching about the good old days with the school, but nobody had any real personality, and the bonds and relationships didn't feel belivable. As for it being a decent Night Thrasher book, I think Donnyell lacked Dwyne's fire and was too incompetent in his NT role. However, I still consider this a leg up on that horrible reality TV mini-series. That I never could bring myself to follow.

Peace

Anybody wants to take a stab at guessing what other threats the New New warriors will face after dealing with the High Evolutionary?

Peace

BANNED

Is Dwayne Taylor/ NT bk yet?

We/SZ aint gonna pik-up Yost's series with out Dwayne/NT in it leading d team....it lyk an adjectiveless/core avngrs without Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Is Dwayne Taylor/ NT bk yet?

We/SZ aint gonna pik-up Yost's series with out Dwayne/NT in it leading d team....it lyk an adjectiveless/core avngrs without Cap.
    No word so far from Yost, but he says he wouldn't be surprised if Silhouette appears (and maybe Firestar).

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Justice is turning out to be my favorite followed by Sungirl. I'm really enjoying this series, and actually this would be the first New Warriors that I've read. Suggestions for previous issues of this series would be appreciated.

I guess it was a decent concept, if you divorce it from the New Warriors name. But none of the characters acted like they had when they still had their mutant powers, that really took me out of it. They all acted like happy, friendly folk, and not a one of them was like that in the X titles.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I guess it was a decent concept, if you divorce it from the New Warriors name. But none of the characters acted like they had when they still had their mutant powers, that really took me out of it. They all acted like happy, friendly folk, and not a one of them was like that in the X titles.
    Err, Angel, Beak and Jubilee are hardly angst machines.

The real problem is that the entire cast was made up of minority-metaphors characters (who lost their metaphor status, true), while the Registration Act, though much abused, was about choice. And no one chooses their ethnic identity.

The use of characters was logical yes, but logic isn't always the best tool of story telling.