Page 18 of 93 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Can't believe it's cancelled. My Marvel pull-list has been severely shrinking as if late. Why must they cancel one if the remaining good books?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
    well volume 4 was tied to civil war and later secret invasion and that didnt stop it from ending. i guess if it doesnt have an avenger or x-men banner or involve wolverine in some way marvel wont give it a chance. Im surprised X-factor is still with us.
    True, but everything needs to be practically perfect...a few things went into sinking that series, and I think that had some decent sales for a few issues as well...that roster was incredibly controversial and scared many die hard NW fans away...its does bother me though that some fans are so picky. It also had a bit of a decompressed intro that culled some readers...over the course though it was quite good.

and the actual team and relaunched book factored very little into civil war...although there was some decent Initiative tie ins.Essentially, one could argue the market was sustaining two NW books for awhile there!

Quote Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
    well volume 4 was tied to civil war and later secret invasion and that didnt stop it from ending. i guess if it doesnt have an avenger or x-men banner or involve wolverine in some way marvel wont give it a chance. Im surprised X-factor is still with us.
    It was Vol 3 that served as the tie in to Civil War while V4 was the depowered mutants (and had little to do with Civil War, other than the time forward story where "Iron Man" runs the future).

I have now vowed to drop every, half-ass mediocre book that Marvel dishes out that I felt "obligated" to collect, since I had been collecting them for so long. I am sick of this $#!+.

And for those interested in New Warriors, I'd recommend checking out http://www.newwarriors.com
    Last edited by Adam-X; 08-19-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Well Warriors, this is probably gonna be it for me around these parts for awhile. I will still pick up my 5 copies of New Warriors every month between here and November and share them with my friends, but outside of the Warriors, I just haven't been able to get into any other books. With Warriors gone and NINO still marching along in Rider's place, I think I'll be cancelling my box at the LCS and well, there won't be much to speak of around here any more for me.

A bunch of you have been really awesome and it has been fun sharing memories and defending my favorite heroes alongside all of you for the past few months. Specifically Trevel8182, Thanosrules, 50yearoldNovafan, KurtW95, Adam-X, Master-Of-Surprise, Nomads1, Myriverse and Baltiroo. Thanks for the great discussions team. You guys all rock and I hope you keep on standing tall for these characters we love that never seem to get the respect they deserve.

Chris Yost and Marcus To, thank you as well for putting out such an amazing book each month. I really loved this rendition of the Warriors. Marvel, thanks for giving the team another shot and making me feel young again, like that 14 year old me back in '94 that couldn't wait to hit up the LCS each month to pick up the latest copy of New Warriors volume 1. It was fun while it lasted.

If Speedball pops up somewhere else, you will most assuredly see me pop up as well to celebrate it. Until then, or the Warriors rise again.... Keep The War Alive!!!

P.S. Bring back Richard freakin' Rider!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedball View Post
    Well Warriors, this is probably gonna be it for me around these parts for awhile. I will still pick up my 5 copies of New Warriors every month between here and November and share them with my friends, but outside of the Warriors, I just haven't been able to get into any other books. With Warriors gone and NINO still marching along in Rider's place, I think I'll be cancelling my box at the LCS and well, there won't be much to speak of around here any more for me.

A bunch of you have been really awesome and it has been fun sharing memories and defending my favorite heroes alongside all of you for the past few months. Specifically Trevel8182, Thanosrules, 50yearoldNovafan, KurtW95, Adam-X, Master-Of-Surprise, Nomads1, Myriverse and Baltiroo. Thanks for the great discussions team. You guys all rock and I hope you keep on standing tall for these characters we love that never seem to get the respect they deserve.

Chris Yost and Marcus To, thank you as well for putting out such an amazing book each month. I really loved this rendition of the Warriors. Marvel, thanks for giving the team another shot and making me feel young again, like that 14 year old me back in '94 that couldn't wait to hit up the LCS each month to pick up the latest copy of New Warriors volume 1. It was fun while it lasted.

If Speedball pops up somewhere else, you will most assuredly see me pop up as well to celebrate it. Until then, or the Warriors rise again.... Keep The War Alive!!!

Sorry man, i was enjoying it as well...I wish some of the others got on board...I hope some of the anti- Sam crowd (which I am part of now) didn't drag this one down simply because it had Sam...he certainly has not been featured, especially after the first arc, frankly i thought it was strange he was taken off the table for the next couple arcs in the NW...I mean Wolverine , Cap, and others can be in 5 different books per month right? I almost wondered if Yost wasnt mad at Loeb when he put that "other team of New Warriors" in his USM cartoon instead..

Not sure if that made a huge difference but a NW book just needs all the help it can get and everything to line up to work...so I would be mad about stuff like that if I were Yost. Who knows.

BTW when someone was asking about great New Warriors arcs, I almost forgot Robert Kirkman's "League of Losers" Story in Marvel Team Up in the 2000s...it was one of the best new Warriors tales this side of Vol. 1...although not in continuity per say.

And speaking of Losers, my favorite comic I own is a CGC 9.8 New Warriors Vol. 1..I have a few more valuable ones , but that was probably my favorite comic moment ever...so it has real meaning to me...
    Last edited by THANOSRULES; 08-20-2014 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    And speaking of Losers, my favorite comic I own is a CGC 9.8 New Warriors Vol. 1..I have a few more valuable ones , but that was probably my favorite comic moment ever...so it has real meaning to me...
    Wow! That is really cool. I remember reading and re-reading that comic so much when it came out (and again throughout the years) that my copy is pretty faded. Reminds me that I should probably get a new one just for my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    Sorry man, i was enjoying it as well...I wish some of the others got on board...I hope some of the anti- Sam crowd (which I am part of now) didn't drag this one down simply because it had Sam...he certainly has not been featured, especially after the first arc, frankly i thought it was strange he was taken off the table for the next couple arcs in the NW...I mean Wolverine , Cap, and others can be in 5 different books per month right? I almost wondered if Yost wasnt mad at Loeb when he put that "other team of New Warriors" in his USM cartoon instead..

Not sure if that made a huge difference but a NW book just needs all the help it can get and everything to line up to work...so I would be mad about stuff like that if I were Yost. Who knows.

BTW when someone was asking about great New Warriors arcs, I almost forgot Robert Kirkman's "League of Losers" Story in Marvel Team Up in the 2000s...it was one of the best new Warriors tales this side of Vol. 1...although not in continuity per say.

yup my most coveted single comics issue is and always will be new warriors vol 1 18. I must have read that issue cover to cover a hundred times. I still have my original copy and its totally worn out just hanging on for dear life. It is what turned me onto the warriors and why i've loved them ever since.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Don't worry the way things have been going they will have a spin off called Warriors Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Don't worry the way things have been going they will have a spin off called Warriors Arena.
    Shhh! Don't give them any ideas.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Shhh! Don't give them any ideas.
    .....Well, at least it's not being called Undercover Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedball View Post

Goodbye my friend. If I discover something I'll be sure too let you know.

Ps. Does anyone know how to change your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Ps. Does anyone know how to change your avatar?
    Go to settings, then under profile on the left should be the link "edit avatar."

Go to settings, then under profile on the left should be the link "edit avatar."
    Ah ok. Thanks buddy.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Can't believe it's cancelled.
    Really? This thing was going to have to have great critical response if it was going to have any extended shelf life.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Really? This thing was going to have to have great critical response if it was going to have any extended shelf life.
    I for one really enjoy it more than Most of Marvel's Mainstream titles right now. The thing was just starting to hit it's stride and it was still better than the current Amazing Spider-Man run or the Superior Spider-Man before that. I'm not giving up hope yet. I'm spreading the word about this title. Hopefully it will receive a sales boost.