Page 19 of 93 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

This was a great incarnation of the Warriors. Loved the team. However the stories were weak. I don't understand why Warriors can't be like DC's Titans. No Teen Titans but more like young heroes in their early 20's handling problems of super-powered people of that age. Like HGH drug addiction and stds from space and that kind of stuff. IDK. I mean the whole Civil War thing is a hell of a story to milk to death. This stuff writes itself. But no lets take on the high evolutionary, one of the lamest villains in the history of comic books. Common man. When you give these types of books a chance you need to hit that thing out of the park. Now it will be another decade before they try this again. BTW I really love Hummingbird. I wonder when we'll see her again.

Quote Originally Posted by VillanousFiend View Post
    This was a great incarnation of the Warriors. Loved the team. However the stories were weak. I don't understand why Warriors can't be like DC's Titans. No Teen Titans but more like young heroes in their early 20's handling problems of super-powered people of that age. Like HGH drug addiction and stds from space and that kind of stuff. IDK. I mean the whole Civil War thing is a hell of a story to milk to death. This stuff writes itself. But no lets take on the high evolutionary, one of the lamest villains in the history of comic books. Common man. When you give these types of books a chance you need to hit that thing out of the park. Now it will be another decade before they try this again. BTW I really love Hummingbird. I wonder when we'll see her again.
    she will likey end up wherever scarlet spider does. I;m more worried about sun girl. I really like her and i hope she doesnt just fade away. Vance and Speedball will likely go back to being avenger wallpaper while water snake and haichi are forgotten about forever.

Quote Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
    she will likey end up wherever scarlet spider does. I;m more worried about sun girl. I really like her and i hope she doesnt just fade away. Vance and Speedball will likely go back to being avenger wallpaper while water snake and haichi are forgotten about forever.
    I think we'll probably see Hummingbird in Amazing X-Men or another book Yost will get. Yeah, I definitely could see them guest in Amazing X-Men.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I hear what your saying...I don't think the stories were that weak, I just think like the whole package could have been a bit stronger and a better effort...the writing and art were actually excellent IMO...however Yost and To are not huge names that are going to bring in 90k readers just on face value like say Loeb and McGuiness. The roster was a bit too many new faces, and faces left out and the plot teetered out of relevance with its connection to a sputtering event. Its clear what went wrong here.

The next NW book (probably 8 years from now with our luck) needs to do these

-really set up good in a main marvel event
    -a roster that finally reunites most of the original team
    -top top talent to usher in the first couple arcs
    -Promo the heck out of it, and this means stuff like cartoons potentially working for the title.. not against it
    -Unfortunatley, it may make sense to stick someone with bigger drawing power on the team (or draw from different areas) ...like maybe Miles Morales or something

I've offered up the name Kurt Busiek and Mark Bagely. I've also considered someone like Dan Abnett or Andy Lanning (cosmic guys who had an affinity for the NW in their writing)...who I know are not top billers, but may actually shape out to be..Of course getting someone like McGuiness on art would be great
    -
    Last edited by THANOSRULES; 08-20-2014 at 07:38 PM.

[QUOTE=THANOSRULES;433692]I hear what your saying...I don't think the stories were that weak, I just think like the whole package could have been a bit stronger and a better effort...the writing and art were actually excellent IMO...however Yost and To are not huge names that are going to bring in 90k readers just on face value like say Loeb and McGuiness. The roster was a bit too many new faces, and faces left out and the plot teetered out of relevance with its connection to a sputtering event. Its clear what went wrong here.

The next NW book (probably 8 years from now with our luck) needs to do these

We've still got two months to possibly stop the cancelation. So I say we have a campaign to try and save the book. I also feel the book is ending too soon we've only set up several arcs that Marvel can use. Where is Namorita? Who was Jake talking too? What's going on in Speedball's head. Not to mention the stuff about Aracely I definitely want to know more about that. We also need to learn more about Aracely. I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm not giving up until the deadline.

Maybe im just not seeing what you guys are are but i thought the story thus far in this NW volume has been stellar. It is exactly what i loved and continue to love about comics. over the top villians with shady goals and a well thought out team dynamic with fun characters that given the chance to gel could make for a really fun team. A lot of books these days are so boring and try-hard dark and gritty that when one such as this comes along that is a blast to read it is a blessing. This is one of the few comics of the last 5 years or so that I have really looked forward to every month because it reminds me of the all the great fun comics i loved as a kid. the only comic to do that for me the last few years was the gambit solo, which was awesome but also got cancelled way to soon.

someone tell yost to change focus to wolverine and the new warriors. then we might have a shot.

BANNED

Agrd & cosignd with d bold & undrlined!

NW is & shd b Marvel perfect answer 2 DC's TT.

We/SZ askd, prayed, beggd & pleaded 4 NT(Dwayne....or even his bro in sum capacity) 2 b in dis recent run of NW & it was very VERY painful 2 deliber8ly choose 2 avoid dis title bcuz we/SZ r md fans of Yost.... but gatdammit... y....y did Yost choose 2 alien8 us/SZ/NT fans?

Y?

Now NW is cancelled & we/NW fans will all hv 2 endure anothr very looong drought without d NW shwing-up anywhr.

Der's no TT without ROBIN...No core adjectiveless Avngrs without Cap & most certainy cannot entertain any NW without NT.

We/SZ sooo desper8ly wantd 2 supprt dis title bcuz we/SZ hv waitd so long 4 it...but we/SZ totally CAN NOT accept any NW without NT/Dwayne. PERIOD!

Quote Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
    Maybe im just not seeing what you guys are are but i thought the story thus far in this NW volume has been stellar. It is exactly what i loved and continue to love about comics. over the top villians with shady goals and a well thought out team dynamic with fun characters that given the chance to gel could make for a really fun team. A lot of books these days are so boring and try-hard dark and gritty that when one such as this comes along that is a blast to read it is a blessing. This is one of the few comics of the last 5 years or so that I have really looked forward to every month because it reminds me of the all the great fun comics i loved as a kid. the only comic to do that for me the last few years was the gambit solo, which was awesome but also got cancelled way to soon.

someone tell yost to change focus to wolverine and the new warriors. then we might have a shot.
    I agree with you IMO this is one of the best team books out there if not the best.

All New Warriors fans might want too see this.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...73373277,d.aWw

Quote Originally Posted by silverzeal View Post
    agrd & cosignd with d bold & undrlined!

Nw is & shd b marvel perfect answer 2 dc's tt.

We/sz askd, prayed, beggd & pleaded 4 nt(dwayne....or even his bro in sum capacity) 2 b in dis recent run of nw & it was very very painful 2 deliber8ly choose 2 avoid dis title bcuz we/sz r md fans of yost.... But gatdammit... Y....y did yost choose 2 alien8 us/sz/nt fans?

Y?

Now nw is cancelled & we/nw fans will all hv 2 endure anothr very looong drought without d nw shwing-up anywhr.

Der's no tt without robin...no core adjectiveless avngrs without cap & most certainy cannot entertain any nw without nt.

We/sz sooo desper8ly wantd 2 supprt dis title bcuz we/sz hv waitd so long 4 it...but we/sz totally can not accept any nw without nt/dwayne. Period!
    english!!!!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think we'll probably see Hummingbird in Amazing X-Men or another book Yost will get. Yeah, I definitely could see them guest in Amazing X-Men.
    I do want to know where Hummingbird ends up with New Warriors ending, I also personally want to know what happens to Kaine as well. And what book Yost gets now that New Warriors is finishing.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I do want to know where Hummingbird ends up with New Warriors ending, I also personally want to know what happens to Kaine as well. And what book Yost gets now that New Warriors is finishing.
    Well, Kaine will end up in the 'Scarlet Spiders' three part series as part of Spider-Verse. Not written by Chris Yost sadly so I hope the writer of that captures his character well. As for Aracely, who knows? Maybe she stays in the New Warriors.

And this book could have been, and maybe could one day be, Marvel's TT. I agree with SilverZeal on that one, if only that. I've been happy reading the title we got. It's too easy to try and judge what could have been better or done differently but twelve issues is still better than none.
    Last edited by Chobbly; 08-22-2014 at 01:50 PM.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

If only New Warriors don't get cancelled, then what would it be like if there's a tie-in to AXIS crossover? Even that underrated comic All-New X-Factor got the tie-in for AXIS.

So anyway, when there's an Inversion Wave where the heroes get their moralities twisted, which New Warrior do you think should be unaffected by the Inversion besides Sam Alexander?
    In my mind, that would be Justice as he is arguably one of the moralistic heroes of the team (remember that in Kurt Busiek's first Avengers story arc with Morgan Le Fay brainwashing many Avengers, Justice is one of the least affected heroes who sided with the unaffected Captain America, Hawkeye, Wasp, Thor, Quasar and Monica Rambeau). While the All-New New Warriors have their moralities inverted, only Justice is unaffected from the Inversion Wave and he goes off to look for Nova (Sam Alexander) who is missing from missions (Sam is always busy) and unaffected by the Inversion.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Agrd & cosignd with d bold & undrlined!
    NW is & shd b Marvel perfect answer 2 DC's TT.
    We/SZ askd, prayed, beggd & pleaded 4 NT(Dwayne....or even his bro in sum capacity) 2 b in dis recent run of NW & it was very VERY painful 2 deliber8ly choose 2 avoid dis title bcuz we/SZ r md fans of Yost.... but gatdammit... y....y did Yost choose 2 alien8 us/SZ/NT fans?
    Y?
    Now NW is cancelled & we/NW fans will all hv 2 endure anothr very looong drought without d NW shwing-up anywhr.
    Der's no TT without ROBIN...No core adjectiveless Avngrs without Cap & most certainy cannot entertain any NW without NT.
    We/SZ sooo desper8ly wantd 2 supprt dis title bcuz we/SZ hv waitd so long 4 it...but we/SZ totally CAN NOT accept any NW without NT/Dwayne. PERIOD!
    Does someone have a Universal Translator? Because I think I understood about 25% of that...
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    All New Warriors fans might want too see this.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...73373277,d.aWw
    Yes. And yes. More yes. People should go like that page.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!