Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Is NT bak yet...dnt care if its Dwayne or Donyell (though Dwayne is our/SZ preference)?

We/SZ r enduring a very VERY painful stance refusing 2 buy dis title until NT is bk on, in & leading NW.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Is NT bak yet...dnt care if its Dwayne or Donyell (though Dwayne is our/SZ preference)?

We/SZ r enduring a very VERY painful stance refusing 2 buy dis title until NT is bk on, in & leading NW.
    Not yet. Justice is doing a great job leading the current incarnation of the New Warriors IMHO.

You ought to give it a try SilverZeal - the better the level of sales the better chance of something with Night Thrasher further down the road.

Silver Zeal, as a HUGE Night Thrasher fan, I know how painful it is to see the Warriors, and really comics in general move on without him around. It's always tough when your favorite character is missing in action. Fortunately however, the writer for this New Warriors series recently tweeted out a tease that hinted at him bringing back "the original" Night Thrasher. That means we have a chance at seeing Dwayne again! But that will never happen if the book gets cancelled. Please support this book, and tell your friends to as well so that we can enjoy a long, healthy New Warriors run with 'The Living Weapon' back in the mix. Silohuette just showed up in the most recent issue, so it shouldn't be too much longer for us now!

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedball View Post
    Oh my gosh! That is awesome! So he could be like a super fast bouncing ball of explosive destruction! It seems like that combination of powers could be used in a lot of different and creative ways. I hope we get to see some of that played out in the new run.
    And hopefully on Nitro himself as a form of karma.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

With his ability to absorb and redirect kinetic energy, Robbie would make a great foil for Nitro.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Attitudes like yours are why good books like NW get cancelled before they can build an audience.

BANNED

Attitudes like yours are why good books like NW get cancelled before they can build an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedball View Post
    Silohuette and Timeslip were amazing! Whatever happened to Timeslip anyway?
    Like someone else said, she lost her powers in volume 1, but since then was seen in her costume at least three times. Once during Civil War, after that she was identified as a possible recruit for the Initiative, and then finally celebrating the holidays in San Francisco with the X-Men. Someone could easily say she regained her powers if they wanted.

Edited to add...so exciting to see Sil appear in the most recent issue. Hilarious she was back in her "new" costume. I actually fully approve of that though.
    Last edited by Nevets; 07-08-2014 at 09:47 AM.

With his ability to absorb and redirect kinetic energy, Robbie would make a great foil for Nitro.
    Is Nitro on the loose again? Robbie beat the living snot out of him at the end of the Penance: Relentless mini. I thought I remembered Nitro being taken into custody after his beat down.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Nitro was last seen as a part of The Hood's organization, during the Dark Reign, after being captured in Relentless. He's out there somewhere.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Nitro was last seen as a part of The Hood's organization, during the Dark Reign, after being captured in Relentless. He's out there somewhere.
    So would in not be cool to see Speedball losing his mind on Nitro in order to show his new team some badguys will kill your entire team and kids for the fun of it. Talk of how they chose to act in this situation could be neat as wel.

So would in not be cool to see Speedball losing his mind on Nitro in order to show his new team some badguys will kill your entire team and kids for the fun of it. Talk of how they chose to act in this situation could be neat as wel.
    Seeing Robbie unleash his Penance fury on Nitro was a highlight of the post Civil War era for me. I had been following his journey through Civil War: Frontline, Thunderbolts and the Penance: Relentless mini and his evolution was actually really well done. Going on the hunt for Nitro with him was awesome. There is nothing like a good revenge story and this one was intensely personal. Nitro's villainous act killed hundreds of innocent children, Robbie's dearest friends who were basically family to him and changed the trajectory of his life. You REALLY wanted to see him destroy Nitro. The build up was great. Especially seeing Penance roll over Wolverine and Doctor Doom to get at Nitro. It showed, this kid was powerful, he was pissed and nothing and no one was gonna stand in his way. When he finally reached Nitro, the payoff was worth it and the whole thing felt very organic and complete.

While I would really enjoy seeing Robbie thrash Nitro again.. and again.. and again, I don't think it would ever feel the same if it were a spontaneous fight erupting over the course of a single issue. That being said, every hero needs villains connected to him in a personal way and Nitro fits the bill for Speedball, so I would welcome further meetings between the two as their stories unfold.

Bring on the Nitro beatdowns!!

It's to show the new team, most of then were not heroes till about a year ago, and to see a role model for your team snap at the sight of someone that dangerous. and you called me on it I hated Nitro ever since SHIELD too Rusty, and Skids in for stopping Nitro from killing a building full of judges.

We will never see Skids shut Nitro down but the New Warriors should arrest him anytime they find out he is lose.

All-New Member

Loving this series so far, as a fan of the first series, I have to say this is pretty close to being as good. I really hope it doesn't get cancelled, especially considering how well so many terrible books are doing. Hopefully they start to use Nova more, as I think his popularity would help sell more books (though after Sun Girl, he is my second least favorite on the team).